MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Article Article Starter Category Comments Last Post
Sum up 2009 Nino General Discussion 30 01-01-2010 11:09 AM
Who Do You Want To See At Mac? (2009) lorend MacInsiders Announcements 32 12-18-2009 03:56 PM
SRA 2009 By-Election temara.brown MacInsiders Announcements 28 10-23-2009 01:01 AM
MSU Day (2009) lorend MacInsiders Announcements 10 10-14-2009 11:15 PM
Welcome Day 2009 twitterbird First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 6 07-30-2009 06:35 PM

Welcome Day 2009 at Mac

Welcome Day 2009 at Mac

The all important Welcome Day is TOMORROW! A day where frightened first years (and their even more petrified parents!) explore the campus and get to know their home for the next four years.

Tours will be going around the campus at the various libraries, the David Braley Athletic Centre, Residences and many other places. Assorted programs will also be held around campus detailing the transition, study skills, debunking myths and more.

A barbecue lunch at Mills Plaza can also be purchased that day for $3.50 with an entree and drink. Tickets can be purchased at the Paradise Catering table at the Info Fair.

Don't miss out on the Totally Transit Tour! A HSR bus guided tour around Hamilton highlighting some of the hot spots in town like Hess Village and transportation links back home.

Parking that day will cost $5.00 and will be located in Zone M. There will be a shuttle bus that will take you to main campus. From there, you will be guided to the Student Centre (MUSC) and register at the Welcome Day Check-in Desk located in Mills Plaza outside of Mills Library.

Place: McMaster University Campus
Time: Friday, August 7th, 2009 9:00am-4:00pm

So don't forget to register for a guaranteed awesome day! The link to register is here.

Detailed tour times and more info about each program and tour can be found here: http://fye.mcmaster.ca/wdevents.html

Welcome Day Schedule: http://fye.mcmaster.ca/WELCOMEDAY.pdf

Official web site: http://fye.mcmaster.ca/orprwelcomeday.html

If you have any more questions, contact the First Year Experience Office at (905) 525-9140 ext. 26691, [email protected].

Don't miss out on the chance to explore your new home!
Published by

Article Tools

Deleted Post
Old 08-06-2009 at 12:42 PM   #2
Jhey

Liked: 0 Times
Can't wait!

Old 08-06-2009 at 12:49 PM   #3
jhan523
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 604 Times
I also made a list of all the events with some descriptions: http://www.macinsiders.com/showthread.php?t=2227 1

Old 08-06-2009 at 12:50 PM   #4
kanagaap

Liked: 0 Times
hi, im a first yr student nd i waz wonderin how beneficial iz welcome day.. bcuz i got mixed reviews. sum ppl sai that itz realli important to go while otherz r lyke itz not such a big deal... ive been on the residece tour bfor. nd so im not sure wat i should do... ny advice??

Old 08-06-2009 at 12:52 PM   #5
Phoenix

Liked: 52 Times
id say come, the info sessions are helpful, and you get to see the campus when its in full bloom. Itll be worth the trip

kanagaap says thanks to Phoenix for this post.

Old 08-06-2009 at 12:53 PM   #6
jhan523
MacInsiders Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by kanagaap View Post
hi, im a first yr student nd i waz wonderin how beneficial iz welcome day.. bcuz i got mixed reviews. sum ppl sai that itz realli important to go while otherz r lyke itz not such a big deal... ive been on the residece tour bfor. nd so im not sure wat i should do... ny advice??
If you click on the link I provided, it tells you all the different things going on at Welcome Day with descriptions. If you believe that those sessions are valuable to you then go.

Also, another residence tour wouldn't be the end of the world, maybe you'll meet some of your floor-mates and even your roommate(s).

kanagaap says thanks to jhan523 for this post.

Old 08-06-2009 at 12:54 PM   #7
lorend
MacInsiders VP
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 506 Times
It depends on when you went on a tour of campus as to how beneficial it will be.

Everything on campus will be open for Welcome Day (or has been in past years), so if you didn't get to see x building you can. It also gives you a better perspective on student life than the tours as all kinds of upper year reps will be meandering around campus in their suits, and you can also ask faculty-specific questions.

We are people of this generation, bred in at least modest comfort, housed in universities, looking uncomfortably into the world we inherit. -- Port Huron Statement

kanagaap says thanks to lorend for this post.

Old 08-06-2009 at 01:01 PM   #8
ferreinm
Elite Member

Liked: 120 Times
Come to the Inter-Residence Council's table! It's going to be badass. Also, you get to meet me and Callen (we're both on MI)!

kanagaap, ~*Sara*~ all say thanks to ferreinm for this post.

.:callen:. likes this.

Old 08-06-2009 at 01:44 PM   #9
finklej
Vice President Education
SRA Member

Liked: 42 Times
Make sure to come to the Archives in the basement of Mills! We will have tours and rare books dating back to the 11th century (trust me its not lame).
Also, stop by the SRA Table!

Old 08-06-2009 at 05:00 PM   #10
DavidR

Liked: 87 Times
Maybe they'll run a Spelling and Grammar 101 table!

Sigh...

Old 08-06-2009 at 07:33 PM   #11
crucif3x

Liked: 21 Times
Woot so excited xD! 12.5 hours til Welcome Day! I'm really looking forward to the Bus Tour... I want to see how Hamilton really is with my own eyes. Oh and the library tours too I'll be visiting the IRC table too!
- Moulton Hall

Old 08-06-2009 at 08:37 PM   #12
Infinity
Elite Member

Liked: 90 Times
okay so I've been checking this site:

http://fye.mcmaster.ca/leadership.html

how come there no volunteer information up?

Welcome Day is tomorrow!!

Old 08-06-2009 at 08:50 PM   #13
jhan523
MacInsiders Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by patelp View Post
okay so I've been checking this site:

http://fye.mcmaster.ca/leadership.html

how come there no volunteer information up?

Welcome Day is tomorrow!!
I have no idea, but you can become a Flirc in first year!

ferreinm likes this.

Old 08-06-2009 at 09:25 PM   #14
ferreinm
Elite Member

Liked: 120 Times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crucif3x View Post
I'll be visiting the IRC table too!
So exciting!!!! I'll be there all day at the table! I'm doing some last minute touches as we speak! Yay to multitasking-- and procrastination, again.

Old 08-06-2009 at 09:37 PM   #15
crucif3x

Liked: 21 Times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ferreinm View Post
Yay to multitasking-- and procrastination, again.
LOL the two things that have guided me through High School... It's a vicious cycle. I bet it'll look amazing!
- Moulton Hall

Article Tools Search this Article
Search this Article:

Advanced Search