MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
August 8th lorend Restaurants & Food Reviews 3 08-04-2011 02:48 AM
August 16? watercresent Academics 1 08-11-2010 09:08 AM
August 9th timetable? DMe3 Academics 29 08-09-2010 01:07 PM
Phoenix in August homeskillet Body & Food 1 07-31-2010 11:31 AM
WELCOME DAY- August 7th pink_cupcake First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 2 07-11-2009 12:06 AM

Welcome Day-August 8th?

Old 07-23-2008 at 11:08 PM   #16
lorend
MacInsiders VP
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 506 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackie_L View Post
If I can't make it to Welcome Day, are there anything, like packages or the sort that a friend or a parent can drop by to pick up for me?
You will be getting some information in the mail very soon (it should be sent out Friday) about first year at Mac in general. But yes, others can come and pick up stuff for you if you'd like.

Quote:
Originally Posted by haseeb View Post
How do i sign up for this(if i can sign up for it) also is there any page which will tell me more information about this?
I had avoiding replying to you before now as I knew the ecard was being sent out. But no, there is no need to sign up for anything...and...well , hopefully you got the ecard, which tells you more or less anything you need to know!

Feonateresa:

Yes, there is a whole lot going on. Welcome Day is the biggest single orientation day that Mac has. And there are more things (free stuff! meeting all kinds of upper year welcome week reps! more free stuff!) going on. Including me hopefully not making an idiot of myself during a presentation.

We are people of this generation, bred in at least modest comfort, housed in universities, looking uncomfortably into the world we inherit. -- Port Huron Statement

Old 07-25-2008 at 09:49 PM   #17
kelvin

Liked: 0 Times

hi there. i work on that friday and it would be a hassle to try to get that day off. i understand i can buy the mac pass at the early bird price that day, so can i just get my friend to get me one if hes going? also. ive been to the other orientation days that were before welcome day and the itenirary for welcome day seems very similar (aka res tours, library tours, info sessions) and is just like a combination of the previous orientation days. so will i be missing a lot of if i dont go?
Old 07-25-2008 at 10:33 PM   #18
lorend
MacInsiders VP
MacInsiders Staff

If you have a credit card (or are permitted to use your parents') you can actually order your MacPass over the phone by calling the FYEO (details on the MacPass form). Alternatively, yes someone can buy the pass for you on Welcome Day if you'd like.

Welcome Day is different than the other days -- it really gives you a feel for what life at Mac is like: you can see res rooms, meet student staff, meet tons of upper year students in leadership roles, see the city, learn what it's like to live off campus etc. And...you get TONS of free stuff!!!

Actually all of the orientation days differ in at least a few ways.

We are people of this generation, bred in at least modest comfort, housed in universities, looking uncomfortably into the world we inherit. -- Port Huron Statement

Old 07-30-2008
FlyWithMac
This message has been removed by a moderator. .
Old 07-30-2008 at 09:16 AM   #19
kokosas
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 23 Times

There's going to be tons of representatives from different services that the university offers! I will be in the Student Center with Security Services and a Peace Officer (don't be afraid of him, he doesn't bite) so COME SAY HI TO ME BECAUSE IT WOULD MAKE MY DAY!

MacInsiders will also have a booth in the Student Center where CHAD will be manning. Unfortunately Lorend and I have work obligations so we can't be with him all the time but we'll be visiting him off an on so come by and see us!!!

Old 07-30-2008 at 09:34 AM   #20
ferreinm
Elite Member

Liked: 120 Times

I'm supposed to be at the Career Services booth (which I recommend that you all check out, anyway!!) I will be at Whidden Hall though.

Honestly though, check out every booth even if you may not be interested in it now because you never know what can happen. Sometimes you learn things that'll help you later on. There'll be a lot to see and do that day to show you SOME of the things that McMaster offers! =)
Old 08-07-2008 at 09:44 PM   #21
FlyWithMac

Liked: 0 Times

Is it just me or the schedule in Welcome Day is a bit disorganized?

I mean 85% of the programs are overlapping each other!

They are mostly 10-11 am and 1-2pm. :S
Old 08-07-2008 at 10:17 PM   #22
mitch
Elite Member

Liked: 75 Times

I wish I could come by to help out with Welcome day tomorrow! But I'll be downtown Hamilton until 5 :( Is anyone going on the Hamilton tour? Does anyone know where it goes? Maybe I can come out during my lunch break!
Old 08-07-2008 at 10:30 PM   #23
lorend
MacInsiders VP
MacInsiders Staff

FlyWithMac, for the last four years Welcome Day has been organized so the programs are overlapping each other. I don't know why they do that...but....I guess they want you to choose?

Old 08-08-2008 at 04:33 AM   #24
jhan523
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 604 Times

They probably expect lots of people, so they don't want everyone to go to all the presentations. That would be crazy. That's what I think anyways.