MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Are you going to welcome week by yourself? memyselfandi First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 41 09-08-2010 11:57 AM
Welcome week merc67 General Discussion 2 08-23-2010 03:55 PM
Anybody know why university reading week a week earlier than college? TTHX General Discussion 11 01-08-2010 03:44 PM
Welcome Week/Frosh Week Ruggedman First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 2 08-04-2008 05:30 PM
Welcome Week amplified First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 47 07-28-2008 06:15 PM

is welcome week fun at mac?

Old 05-23-2011 at 12:06 AM   #1

Liked: 0 Times

is welcome week fun at mac?
also does mac have alot of parties
Old 05-23-2011 at 12:08 AM   #2
Leeoku
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 521 Times

o social science kids always worrying about parties

Old 05-23-2011 at 12:10 AM   #3
alh24
Elite Member

Liked: 243 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leeoku View Post
o social science kids always worrying about parties
My Engineering friends do this way more than any of my Social Science friends. My Social Science friends are pretty quiet, though. I think I subconsciously chose them like that in an effort to balance out my rowdy housemates.

jamescw1234, L'Étoile like this.
Old 05-23-2011 at 12:18 AM   #4
nila*

Liked: 52 Times

If you go looking you can find parties and fun welcome week stuff.

If you don't, you won't.

meh.

alh24, Ish001 like this.
Old 05-23-2011 at 12:29 AM   #5
PhilM

Liked: 148 Times

I remember chants, waking up early to practice some dance for a competition I didn't even go to, useless swag (except for the laundry bag, THAT was useful), dirty social games and a football game.

I did enjoy the comedy show (don't even need the pass) and the ball hockey and dodge ball games (which I also believe you don't need the pass for). Sometimes the best things in life truly are free.

Last edited by PhilM : 05-23-2011 at 12:32 AM.
Old 05-23-2011 at 01:02 AM   #6
RankNullity

Liked: 27 Times

welcome week is great. are you living in res? if so, there should be multiple parties everyday. oh and getting woken up at like 8 am from people yelling and banging on your door is always fun
Old 05-23-2011 at 01:18 AM   #7
Ish001

Liked: 26 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by RankNullity View Post
welcome week is great. are you living in res? if so, there should be multiple parties everyday. oh and getting woken up at like 8 am from people yelling and banging on your door is always fun
loud music that began around 8 am and loud banging on your door around 8:30 am? That WAS NOT fun!
and personally, I had a slight fear that the fire alarm would go on when I was in the shower :S
Thankfully, it never did!

But Hell yeh, frosh week was amazing! I wish I could do it all over again XD

huzaifa47 likes this.
Old 05-23-2011 at 01:19 AM   #8
alh24
Elite Member

Liked: 243 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by RankNullity View Post
I wake up absurdly early, so I was always up and ready when they came around. I was emptying the garbage one morning when they started coming around and they made me tag along while they blew whistles and banged things together to wake everyone up.

Sorry, everyone in my old residence...
Old 05-23-2011 at 01:30 AM   #9
Tailsnake
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 453 Times

Welcome Week is really what you make of it. If you're looking for parties and nothing else, it can be a bit boring since parties tend not to start until later in the day and get broken pretty often unless they're off-campus, though the 2 or so club nights tend to be pretty epic (You're basically left with nothing to do during the day, everyday for a week+). If you're a bit more open to experiencing everything Welcome Week has to offer, it's absolutely amazing .

huzaifa47 likes this.
Old 05-23-2011 at 09:33 AM   #10
kuruczpa

Liked: 4 Times

Welcome Week will be awesome this year ! I am a commerce welcome week rep and we've got some good stuff going on for the commerce first year students during frosh. Looking forward to all the activities as well as the home-opener football game!
Old 05-23-2011 at 10:18 AM   #11
Rayine
Elite Member

Liked: 207 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tailsnake View Post
Welcome Week is really what you make of it. If you're looking for parties and nothing else, it can be a bit boring since parties tend not to start until later in the day and get broken pretty often unless they're off-campus, though the 2 or so club nights tend to be pretty epic (You're basically left with nothing to do during the day, everyday for a week+). If you're a bit more open to experiencing everything Welcome Week has to offer, it's absolutely amazing .
Absolutely right. If you go about it with an attitude of "this sucks", then its going to suck. But if you choose to participate, its freaking awesome. There's a lot of people every year that work throughout the summer to make sure welcome week is as amazing as it is every year.
President, McMaster Undergraduate Society for the Chemical Sciences

arathbon, huzaifa47 like this.
Old 05-23-2011 at 10:21 AM   #12
toosh

Liked: 15 Times

best time of my first year. BEST TIME!
Old 05-23-2011 at 10:25 AM   #13
Talon89

Liked: 14 Times

GREATEST. WEEK. OF. YOUR. LIFE.

Not even trolling right now.

ps. Like the person mentioned above, it's what you make of it that makes it fun.

DMe3, hilroy1234, jessicalynn like this.
Old 05-23-2011 at 10:28 AM   #14
micadjems
Awesome Member

Liked: 382 Times

Fun fun fun

So fun I did it 4 more times, in various different outfits

DMe3, RyanC like this.
Old 05-23-2011 at 10:49 AM   #15
Andrew A
Elite Member

Liked: 80 Times

If you're like me and have no interest in meeting new people, partying, etc., then it's just as dull as everything else tends to be...

MrkNlp, traveler10 like this.