MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Meet Your Welcome Week Reps! Chad MacInsiders Announcements 0 08-31-2013 08:17 AM
Welcome Week Reps francis General Discussion 10 08-05-2011 03:40 PM
Welcome Week Reps J. Dorey Academics 14 03-10-2011 07:08 PM
Welcome Week Reps DonJuan General Discussion 5 02-22-2011 02:18 PM
Welcome Week Reps -- for first year students lorend General Discussion 2 09-02-2007 12:14 AM

Welcome Week Reps

Old 04-11-2015 at 09:13 PM   #1
Shivani Patel

Liked: 1 Time

Welcome Week Reps
Hey everyone!
I'm in first year right now and I had applied to be a residence rep, maroons rep, and IRC welcome week rep. I received interviews for each of them but unfortunately did not get the position for any of them. I was really disappointed because I really wanted to be a welcome week rep for next year but did not get in. I was wondering if there are any other opportunities to be part of welcome week or any other things I could do during welcome week since I don't think there are any other rep positions I can apply for.

Thanks,
Shivani
Old 04-14-2015 at 12:25 PM   #2
AndreiTich

Liked: Liked 2 Times

Hey, don't get too down about not getting in, you have at least another 3 years to try again! And you can certainly help out during welcome week. There are plenty of volunteer opportunities from every student group you can imagine. You can probably find out about at the student success centre, maroons office, or other possible student societies that are doing events during welcome week. Just ask around and I'm sure you will find something.
Old 04-16-2015 at 01:36 PM   #3
Shivani Patel

Liked: 1 Time

Thanks for the advice! I hope to find something to do for welcome week. Also, do you know if they need volunteers for May at Mac and where I would be able to find out?
Thanks once again!
Old 04-16-2015 at 03:20 PM   #4
AndreiTich

Liked: Liked 2 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shivani Patel View Post
Thanks for the advice! I hope to find something to do for welcome week. Also, do you know if they need volunteers for May at Mac and where I would be able to find out?
Thanks once again!
Normally your faculty office has some presence at that event. Go talk to them and they will usually direct you further! Good luck!

Shivani Patel says thanks to AndreiTich for this post.
Old 04-17-2015 at 01:07 PM   #5
5.98e24

Liked: 12 Times

Try emailing those involved with the Common Reading Program at Mac: http://studentsuccess.mcmast er.ca/...g-program.html

I asked to volunteer with them two years ago during Welcome Day and they were very friendly!