MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Medical Radiation Sciences program = Hardest undergrad program ? mastercool First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 9 11-27-2011 10:27 PM
Challenge of the Day Kendoon General Discussion 33 01-16-2011 09:34 AM
Python Challenge drhorrible Computers & Tech 5 09-29-2010 09:49 PM
Whats the hardest course you've ever taken? sycoman Academics 65 08-22-2009 09:52 AM

What's the hardest elective I can take? I like a good challenge...

Members have rated post #317143 as the best response. Skip right to it!
Old 05-30-2012 at 10:49 PM   #31
WalkerBlue

Liked: 73 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by stressedpec View Post
If you have the pre-requisites, take Real Analysis I/II. I will give you $100 if you get a 2.
Probably the most difficult course I can think of as well.
Old 05-30-2012 at 11:10 PM   #32
jim1
Elite Member

Liked: 360 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zachary View Post
That's heart breaking. Did the brilliant trio (Provatas, Kish, Zurob) get benched?
Zurob and Provatas did not teach 1m03 this year, they got new profs for the course. Zurob was the reason why I went to class lol, very good prof !
Old 05-30-2012 at 11:27 PM   #33
jim1
Elite Member

Liked: 360 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by adaptation View Post
I think it definitely changed. I took it last semester, and the class average on our 45% exam was 48%.
I took this course last winter (2011) and the class average for the short answers was 44.56% and for the multiple choice was 69.74%. I don't understand why the class average would be so low especially when a lot of the multiple choice questions were taken directly from the sample exams that they posted !!

For some reason I still have 1m03 on avenue 0_0
Old 05-31-2012 at 02:40 PM   #34
Chris23
Account Locked

Liked: 287 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Porsche911 View Post
Not saying I agree or disagree with you, but have you taken either course or anything from either program besides ridiculously easy stuff like Econ 1B03?

Difficulty is incredibly subjective. I'd probably do better in a difficult math course than a moderately difficult poli sci course.
Ive taken second year econ courses as well, and i still say that the program is a joke. The material is dry yet easy to comprehend, the professors seem to show little interest in giving a good delivery of the material. I can safely say econ courses are all easy 10s minimum. thats also coming from information ive gathered from friends in the management program that have also taken more econ and commerce courses as electives