Change username? glock_23 General Discussion 15 10-04-2009 01:16 AM
LearnLink Info Ivan Q. General Discussion 8 09-11-2009 12:19 PM
Learnlink on Mac !! >_< Keke^^ Academics 6 09-02-2007 04:20 PM

what's the username for learnlink

Old 01-05-2010 at 04:05 PM   #1
yum24

Liked: 0 Times

what's the username for learnlink
I'm taking biochem 2ee3 and the prof is using learnlink but doesn't tell us what our username and stuff is. I tried downloading something called "learn link the little red school house" and tried logining in with my macid but it doesn't work! HELP!
Old 01-05-2010 at 04:30 PM   #2
aetang

i dont think he set it up yet, cause ive tried and my friend has also tried
your username and password should be your student number according to the website
im just hoping its up by tonight, i dont want to be taking down notes tomorrow :/
Old 01-05-2010 at 04:44 PM   #3
Ivan Q.

Liked: 10 Times

Your username should be your student number... it's possible that you haven't been registered into LearnLink yet.
Old 01-05-2010 at 05:53 PM   #4
FJEAN

Taken from the Learnlink site:
Do I have a LearnLink account and how do I log into LearnLink?

The answer is yes if you are a student in the Faculty of Health Sciences (FHS).
If however, you are a non-FHS student who elects to take a HTH SCI or BIOCHEM course, an account will automatically be created for you based on the Registrar's class lists during the first week of classes. The account will be deleted once you have completed (or drop) this course.

User ID: Type in your student number
Password: Type in your student number

_____________________ _______________

I haven't been able to successfully log into LearnLink either. I've emailed admin, but they're going to hopefully respond tomorrow since their business hour ends at 6pm. I assume that not everyone is registered into LearnLink yet and that it's a slow process. Most of my friends have access though..and it's making me sad :( lol

yum24 says thanks to FJEAN for this post.
Old 01-05-2010 at 06:07 PM   #5
Kareko

Liked: 8 Times

I dont think they have made accounts for the non FHS students yet. if you e mail the learnlink help and tell them about it they will make you an account.
Old 01-05-2010 at 06:12 PM   #6
jhan523
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 604 Times

They have made some accounts at least. Mine's up right now. It says to give it a couple days but you can always e-mail the teacher or teaching assistant. Not sure if there is a course coordinator though.
Old 01-05-2010 at 11:48 PM   #7
MSS12

If you are registered in the course, you should be able to access LearnLink either through the web browser version, or the downloaded version.

Type in your student number as both the username and password. You'll be asked to change the password later on.

Then, go to courses and click on biochem society and find your specific course there!
Old 01-06-2010 at 01:50 AM   #8
aani

Liked: 9 Times

This is off-topic, but what happened in Tuesday's class? I'm out of town for this week, so could someone please fill me in?

Thanks!
Old 01-06-2010 at 06:11 AM   #9
Kareko

Liked: 8 Times

Quote:

This is off-topic, but what happened in Tuesday's class? I'm out of town for this week, so could someone please fill me in?

Thanks!

we covered a bit of chemical evolution and basics of what a cell is and of course the course syllabys. not too bad really to miss. the slides are posted in learnlink
Old 01-06-2010 at 04:10 PM   #10
hello395

I still can't log in. Should I be worried?
Old 01-06-2010 at 07:37 PM   #11
FJEAN

I can now successfully log into LearnLink. The admin sent me an email confirming that they've registered me:

A LearnLink account has been created for you.

To login to your account use the following default information:
- User ID: Type in your student number
- Password: Type in your student number

Please ensure your client settings match the following:
https://www.learnlink.mcmaste r.ca/tutorial_macosx_insta ll.html

LearnLink Administrator
Faculty of Health Sciences
McMaster University
[email protected] ter.ca
www.learnlink.mcmaste r.ca
_____________________ _____________________ __

Just hold on until Friday. If you can't access it after the weekend, then you should be worried >.< Patience is key Best of luck!