MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Article Article Starter Category Comments Last Post
Career Fair -Networking Reception Graduating Students Alison MacInsiders Announcements 1 10-18-2010 02:27 PM
Are you attending McMaster Career Fair 2010? Bobby66 MacInsiders Announcements 7 09-21-2010 11:23 AM
ECE Poster Day today in CIBC hall DannyV General Discussion 4 04-06-2010 09:05 PM
Career Fair 2008 Chad MacInsiders Announcements 2 09-13-2008 03:13 PM
Career Fair 2008 Chad MacInsiders Announcements 0 08-27-2008 10:14 AM

Who's Hiring 2010? Career Fair March 11, CIBC Hall 10-2:30pm

Old 03-12-2010 at 04:52 PM   #30
huzaifa47
MSU VP Education 2012-2013
MSU Staff

Liked: 360 Times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tailsnake View Post
I think the biggest issue with dealing with them is that they aren't scams. They are misleading, and they're obviously targeting naive kids, but there's nothing inherently scammy about what they're doing, especially since it is possible (though extremely unlikely) to make money in their given businesses.

I know! And I completely admit that, that is what makes me realize that I cannot "Ban" them from campus. What they are though is hugely misleading and inappropriately advertised, I'm pretty sure all of us who are broke wouldn't mind earning an unreal $200 per day or $15 per hour or $20,000 per summer.

Sure big corporations all over the world have alot of misleading advertisement slogans as well but they aren't as blatantly misleading as this company. Hence my first priority is getting them out of class rooms since their role in an academic setting is not welcome. As far as MUSC goes that will be a very hard sell, since MUSC is a private entity/company and not directly owned by either MSU or Admin(Its 50/50).

And Cheri I meant that I had apparently heard that they had stopped coming to 1st year classes in second semester(Jan onwards); They have never come to one of my classes ever though so I have to rely on random first years I know for testimony.

MSU Vice President Education '12/13

Old 03-12-2010 at 05:07 PM   #31
lawleypop
I am Prince Vegeta.

Liked: 1,373 Times
Quote:
Originally Posted by huzaifa47 View Post
I know! And I completely admit that, that is what makes me realize that I cannot "Ban" them from campus. What they are though is hugely misleading and inappropriately advertised, I'm pretty sure all of us who are broke wouldn't mind earning an unreal $200 per day or $15 per hour or $20,000 per summer.

Sure big corporations all over the world have alot of misleading advertisement slogans as well but they aren't as blatantly misleading as this company. Hence my first priority is getting them out of class rooms since their role in an academic setting is not welcome. As far as MUSC goes that will be a very hard sell, since MUSC is a private entity/company and not directly owned by either MSU or Admin(Its 50/50).

And Cheri I meant that I had apparently heard that they had stopped coming to 1st year classes in second semester(Jan onwards); They have never come to one of my classes ever though so I have to rely on random first years I know for testimony.
Makes sense. I reckon they'll be stopping by soon enough now that summer is fast approaching.

Mathematically it makes about as much sense as
(pineapple)$$*cucumbe r*.

Article Tools Search this Article
Search this Article:

Advanced Search