MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
McMaster: Why Did You Choose It? feonateresa General Discussion 56 09-05-2009 11:11 AM
If u had to choose... LBJ.MVP Academics 38 07-11-2009 03:28 PM
how to choose nadia1 Academics 9 07-03-2009 01:10 PM
Should i choose Mcmaster? please give me some advice! lbqjenny First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 28 05-11-2009 02:22 PM
How to Choose a Residence lorend Residence & Off-Campus Living 9 05-29-2008 03:54 PM

Why did YOU choose McMaster?

Old 09-25-2008 at 12:29 AM   #31
snaps

Liked: 32 Times

i didnt get into waterloo :( ... so i chose mcmaster
Old 09-25-2008 at 02:33 PM   #32
frhnh

Liked: 1 Time

Well, I'm on government scholarship from a country (literally) halfway across the world and when they told me I had to go to Canada I was stumped about which uni to go to.. I always imagined Canada to be filled with snow all year round.

During the year of preUniversity course though I gradually learned about the uni's in Canada.. most of my friends chose the 'big' ones (from 250 of us, 40 are in UofT, 30 in Carleton, 20 in UBC..) but I knew two people who were already in Mac. We kept corresponding throughout the year so Mac was always on my mind when it came to choosing uni's. And Mac had the engineering program I wanted to get into..nanotechnology, which is only offered in a few universities.

When it came to making a desicion, some people thought I was crazy for rejecting uofT, UBC, Queens and UofA. I did't really wanted to go to a city uni, I wanted a sense of campus community and Mac didnt dissapoint when I reached here. It's gorgeous and people here are SUPER nice. And I didn't really want to go to a uni where there are 40 malaysians, then I wouldnt be making lots of new friends, so whats the point?

And Mac has a prestigious reputation but doesnt seem to have the need to boast about it or anything.. just seems like it's filled with fun, chill people who work hard but don't see a need to prove anything to anyone. just my take.

Mac is awesome though. I've never regretted clicking on the 'accept' button in OUAC and I don't think I ever will. It has everything I wanted in a university.

So yeah, there's my story