MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Avatar: Some Personal Comments RonPrice Movies & Television 0 06-24-2010 02:06 AM
Avatar: Some Personal Comments RonPrice Movies & Television 7 05-20-2010 07:59 PM
Rate the avatar & sig above manaya General Discussion 25 04-26-2010 12:17 AM
Have you seen Avatar? Kathy2 Movies & Television 105 01-23-2010 08:37 AM
Avatar manaya Movies & Television 14 12-23-2009 07:31 PM

Why did you choose your name and avatar?

Old 01-11-2012 at 04:22 PM   #1
AdelaisAer
Legendary Survivor

Liked: 118 Times

Why did you choose your name and avatar?
I think I made a thread like this AGES ago, or maybe it was in another forum. But yeah, you get the idea:

Why did you choose your forum name, and why did you go with your current avatar? This also makes a fun game for new people who joined the forums recently. It's a chance to get to know people better or something like that. I guess.

As for me, Adelais Aer is my alias and I use it everywhere, really. And my avatar is a picture of me that I ran through photoshop. Contrast up, vibrance down...Voila - The Grudge.
Old 01-11-2012 at 04:27 PM   #2
akikokoyoki
The Welcome Wagon
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 101 Times

I chose my username because my sister gave me that name when she was still into anime a long time ago. I like the name so I kept it up until now. I use this name everywhere, especially in MMORPG games.

I chose my current avatar because I love the Detective Conan anime.

AdelaisAer likes this.
Old 01-11-2012 at 04:28 PM   #3
Chevalier
Elite Member

Liked: 203 Times

hmm chev is one of my 2 main aliases which i use in forms and games and such so thats why i picked that as my name. plus chevalier has some class to it haha

and my pic, who doesn't love pokemon? plus lucario is my fav of them all so there you go... oh and he's also has this knight like image to him which matches my name :p

AdelaisAer, Misspolitics like this.
Old 01-11-2012 at 04:30 PM   #4
AdelaisAer
Legendary Survivor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chevalier View Post
hmm chev is one of my 2 main aliases which i use in forms and games and such so thats why i picked that as my name. plus chevalier has some class to it haha

and my pic, who doesn't love pokemon? plus lucario is my fav of them all so there you go... oh and he's also has this knight like image to him which matches my name :p
I actually didn't recognize it as Lucario. o-o; But I do love the stylization - looks very fancy.
Old 01-11-2012 at 04:52 PM   #5
Misspolitics

Liked: 96 Times

Miss Politics because I LOVE anything political. American, Canadian, etc. and the picture is Snivy because in between studying, etc. I play pokemon. I'm that cool

drpatel likes this.
Old 01-11-2012 at 05:06 PM   #6
Eternal Fire
Elite Member

Liked: 227 Times

Name: I like fire and I couldn't think of anything else. I only use this name for macinsiders and chess.com, meaning I use a different username for everything else.

Picture: I did a 2 minute google search and this is the one I liked.

AdelaisAer likes this.
Old 01-11-2012 at 05:40 PM   #7
AdelaisAer
Legendary Survivor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eternal Fire View Post
Name: I like fire and I couldn't think of anything else. I only use this name for macinsiders and chess.com, meaning I use a different username for everything else.

Picture: I did a 2 minute google search and this is the one I liked.
I love fire. A long time ago I had the lame name of Burning Cross in Japanese, but I realized it had a heavy religious connotation, so I dropped it. And as for your picture, I think that's a brilliant strategy. xD
Old 01-11-2012 at 05:52 PM   #8
Faer
Elite Member

Liked: 338 Times

Name: I had to put something in and wasn't too inclined on using my main alias, so I slapped something together that's a scramble of half of my first name and a pun on fair and a nod to faery.

Um, yeah.

Avatar, couldn't (be bothered to) find anything interesting

AdelaisAer likes this.
Old 01-11-2012 at 05:57 PM   #9
Grover
The Law
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 254 Times

Grover is my last name. Also, a beloved Muppets character.

Delita as my avatar cos he's a pretty chill dude.

AdelaisAer, Zachary like this.
Old 01-11-2012 at 06:07 PM   #10
RyanC
Elite Member

Liked: 2,312 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdelaisAer View Post
As for me, Adelais Aer is my alias and I use it everywhere, really. And my avatar is a picture of me that I ran through photoshop. Contrast up, vibrance down...Voila - The Grudge.
You have not answered your own questions, you just explained that you use the same name everywhere, and the picture is you, not explain what said name means or why you distort your image so, you didn't explain anything we could not have inferred. You have failed the thread sir.
name: my name
avatar: random image that represent science with no real purpose
Old 01-11-2012 at 06:07 PM   #11
anon491
Professional Fangirl

Liked: 452 Times

ooburii --- I won't tell you because it's too lame 8|

and flynn rider is my dp because tangled is <3 , and I feel bad about changing it.

alexithymia likes this.
Old 01-11-2012 at 06:12 PM   #12
Faer
Elite Member

Liked: 338 Times

^The gentleman doth protest too much (when you go to change it). xD
Old 01-11-2012 at 06:35 PM   #13
AdelaisAer
Legendary Survivor

Quote:
Originally Posted by RyanC View Post
You have not answered your own questions, you just explained that you use the same name everywhere, and the picture is you, not explain what said name means or why you distort your image so, you didn't explain anything we could not have inferred. You have failed the thread sir.
name: my name
avatar: random image that represent science with no real purpose
Actually, I explained my name well enough. It's my alias, meaning I am going to use it everywhere, so that's self-explanatory.

As for my picture, I could have provided a proper reason for it, I admit. But I have not failed my own thread, thanks.
Old 01-11-2012 at 06:37 PM   #14
ZSimon
Elite Member

Liked: 311 Times

my name is Simon I like devo lol.

AdelaisAer likes this.
Old 01-11-2012 at 06:49 PM   #15
alexithymia
I smell chips.

Liked: 47 Times

Username: Anberlin song, also not many people know what it means.
Avatar: I love Doctor Who. and the 10th Doctor. and it's cute.