MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Electrical and Biomedical Engineering! TabbishAziz First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 2 03-30-2012 09:11 AM
Electrical and biomedical eng weizz Academics 5 08-16-2011 08:51 PM
question about electrical engineering myalani First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 16 04-03-2011 06:33 PM
Tablet for Electrical/Bio Eng? PHLN First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 7 04-03-2010 08:23 PM

Why do Electrical Engineers need 4 electives now?

Old 06-17-2012 at 09:06 PM   #1
JACrazy

Liked: Liked 2 Times

Why do Electrical Engineers need 4 electives now?
I'm going into 3rd year Electrical Engineering. I have a few friends in the year above me and they weren't required to have a complementary elective in second year, whereas I did. That means they only had to do 3 electives whereas I have to do 4. I don't mind this really except the fact that its very hard for me to find electives that aren't full or one that can work with my schedule. I'm just curious though why they made this change.
Old 06-17-2012 at 09:28 PM   #2
Bhaltair
Elite Member

Liked: 158 Times

CE 3SK4 is out of the picture, it has been replaced with a complementary elective for now. I was told that it is very similar to other courses we have already taken and it was not necessary to fulfill the degree requirement.
Old 06-17-2012 at 11:58 PM   #3
jewfro9000

Liked: Liked 19 Times

this is something that is bugging me too.. my worst marks come from my electives :( we have hardly any option to begin with, and everything we are allowed to take has to fit into a schedule with 4 elec courses with 4hrs + lab per week. Either it doesnt fit or its full!
Old 06-18-2012 at 07:59 AM   #4
Chris23
Account Locked

Liked: 287 Times

Im going into my fourth year in elec and we have the same issue as you. Our course calendar shows we need to take coe 3sk3, but really it has been replaced, and now is shown as an elective in second year, one which none of us took. Still, cant complain when i get to drop a mechatronics course and pick up a 2nd year econ bird course!
Old 06-18-2012 at 05:28 PM   #5
jupiter

Liked: 10 Times

Wait, so we don't have to take comp eng 3sk3?
Old 06-18-2012 at 07:09 PM   #6
MacPack
Offical Deal Blogger
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 160 Times

To be sure the best thing to check is your personal degree audit

jupiter says thanks to MacPack for this post.

jupiter likes this.
Old 06-19-2012 at 07:08 AM   #7
Chris23
Account Locked

Liked: 287 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by jupiter View Post
Wait, so we don't have to take comp eng 3sk3?
Check the degree audit. I followed what had been on the course calendar, and when i checked my degree audit to be sure, it said I was missing 3 of my compulsory elective credits, and the the course I had taken as my faculty elective was not counting towards anything. 3SK3 is NOT mandatory

jupiter says thanks to Chris23 for this post.

jupiter likes this.