MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
do girls like shy guys? dhgn Dating & Relationships 203 01-18-2011 09:09 PM
tattoos on girls: your opinion Cliu91 Body & Food 122 12-05-2010 11:57 AM
Girls need to... Guys need to... NowHere General Discussion 73 11-11-2010 12:48 PM
Girls Field Hockey kuruczpa Athletics & Recreation 0 09-08-2010 07:44 PM

Why do mcmaster girls not care about their appearance?

Old 12-01-2010 at 07:17 AM   #1
Rakim
Account Locked

Liked: 814 Times

Why do mcmaster girls not care about their appearance?
Now, obviously im generalizing here... but for the most part its a perfectly good question.

Would it kill you girls to throw on some make up and not be in sweatpants?

danallan, Juve, TLulu all say thanks to Rakim for this post.

danallan, Juve, TLulu like this.
Old 12-01-2010 at 07:19 AM   #2
Shanel

Liked: 150 Times

Yes it would. You see, when I roll my ass out of bed my main concern is getting to class, not impressing you.

Anna M, greenlvn, lorend, maya_kanani, melodicdream, SamNIN, snowfox, Yashoda all say thanks to Shanel for this post.

Old 12-01-2010 at 07:28 AM   #3
Rakim
Account Locked

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shanel View Post
Yes it would. You see, when I roll my ass out of bed my main concern is getting to class, not impressing you.
Well, someone needs to get their priorities straight!

danallan says thanks to Rakim for this post.

danallan, Juve, kimzy like this.
Old 12-01-2010 at 07:33 AM   #4
Bhaltair
Elite Member

Liked: 158 Times

What's wrong with sweatpants? They are easy to pull down if you want to make out between classes. I presume that was their hint.

danallan says thanks to Bhaltair for this post.

collinbf, danallan, Joey, sycoman like this.
Old 12-01-2010 at 07:33 AM   #5
~*Sara*~
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 622 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakim View Post
Well, someone needs to get their priorities straight!
I agree with Shanel. I'm not paying 6000+ for my priority to be coming here just to impress you. As long as I get to class that's all that matters. Oh and when girls put on makeup or dress nicely, believe it or not it's still not for you . I like to look nice for myself.

Anna M, lizziepizzie, lorend, melodicdream, mlangille, L'Étoile, Yashoda all say thanks to ~*Sara*~ for this post.

Old 12-01-2010 at 07:39 AM   #6
Rakim
Account Locked

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~*Sara*~ View Post
I agree with Shanel. I'm not paying 6000+ for my priority to be coming here just to impress you. As long as I get to class that's all that matters. Oh and when girls put on makeup or dress nicely, believe it or not it's still not for you . I like to look nice for myself.
I too pay 6,000... yet I manage to dress nicely and take care of my appearance each morning.

danallan says thanks to Rakim for this post.

danallan likes this.
Old 12-01-2010 at 07:43 AM   #7
~*Sara*~
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 622 Times

Quote:
I too pay 6,000... yet I manage to dress nicely and take care of my appearance each morning.
A lot of girls still do. Not everyone can pull off the sweatpants thing. But it's personal choice right, whatever you're most comfortable with and whatnot.

Iamanonymous likes this.
Old 12-01-2010 at 08:12 AM   #8
AdelaisAer
Legendary Survivor

Liked: 118 Times

Clearly, Rakim thinks that beauty is achieved through make-up and fancy clothing. This is why girls' view of beauty is distorted.

INB4 moral argument

Iamanonymous, killza, Yashoda all say thanks to AdelaisAer for this post.

Old 12-01-2010 at 08:17 AM   #9
SilentWalker
∞/0? Only I know.

Liked: 202 Times

Girls normally look better without make-up IMO (eye-liner's an exception).

And lol @ the people that are taking Rakim seriously. I mean...really?

lizziepizzie likes this.
Old 12-01-2010 at 08:17 AM   #10
Rakim
Account Locked

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdelaisAer View Post
Clearly, Rakim thinks that beauty is achieved through make-up and fancy clothing. This is why girls' view of beauty is distorted.

INB4 moral argument
No, beauty to me is not determined by material things. However, when I see that the majority of girls who go here walk around in sweatpants and hoodies its pretty unattractive. If it looks like you don't take care of yourself thats very off putting.

lilkarina says thanks to Rakim for this post.
Old 12-01-2010 at 08:23 AM   #11
AdelaisAer
Legendary Survivor

Liked: 118 Times

Quote:
No, beauty to me is not determined by material things. However, when I see that the majority of girls who go here walk around in sweatpants and hoodies its pretty unattractive. If it looks like you don't take care of yourself thats very off putting.
I've seen plenty of girls who wear sweatpants and hoodies and look fine. I mean, if you don't wash your hair and you look like you just got out of bed, then that's a different story. But if you freshen up and whatnot and just wear that stuff, then who cares?

Plus, when you pay 6K a year for University, I think you can wear whatever you want and not care what people think.

EDIT: Brb, class. o:

Last edited by AdelaisAer : 12-01-2010 at 08:26 AM. Reason: SMASH IT WITH A HAMMAH!

lizziepizzie, Yashoda all say thanks to AdelaisAer for this post.

Old 12-01-2010 at 08:28 AM   #12
Mowicz
Elite Member

Liked: 529 Times

Given that sweatpants and hoodies are pretty much the extent of women's clothing sold on campus (to my knowledge at least, given my various adventures in Titles trying on women's clothing), can you really expect much else?

I simply wish there were no women's clothes sold on campus...then they'd be neked. (jk of course)

danallan likes this.
Old 12-01-2010 at 08:46 AM   #13
shes-a-diva*

Liked: 18 Times

I'm pretty sure the effort that goes into how you want girls on campus to dress is less of an effort for what it takes you to get ready and look "good"

Also I know I roll out of bed and wear a hoodie and sweatpants when I'm late and don't give a **** to get ready and be even more late.

Finding good looking people on campus is not everything ya know... Some of us here are actually trying to get an education?
Old 12-01-2010 at 08:58 AM   #14
AelyaS
Fitzgerald groupie

Liked: 521 Times

Most of the people I see in sweatpants are rez kids. To be honest, I'm a bit jealous they have the ability to pull off school sweatpants because I never could without looking like a total slob, whereas the people I've seen manage to make it effortless.
Old 12-01-2010 at 08:59 AM   #15
bloodywarz
Account Disabled by User

Liked: 74 Times

i would understand your complaining if we were still in high-school, but the reason people pay so much for tuition isn't so they can come and look pretty for others, they care more about their studies and thats a good thing. and i dunno if you been living under a rock or something but there are quite a bit of really good looking girls at mac.

lizziepizzie, Yashoda all say thanks to bloodywarz for this post.