MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
do girls like shy guys? dhgn Dating & Relationships 203 01-18-2011 09:09 PM
tattoos on girls: your opinion Cliu91 Body & Food 122 12-05-2010 11:57 AM
Girls need to... Guys need to... NowHere General Discussion 73 11-11-2010 12:48 PM
Girls Field Hockey kuruczpa Athletics & Recreation 0 09-08-2010 07:44 PM

Why do mcmaster girls not care about their appearance?

Old 12-01-2010 at 09:02 AM   #16
homeskillet

Liked: 8 Times

Because the guys on this campus are nothing to make an effort for. If you looked like Patrick Dempsey it would be a different story, unfortunately you don't, so my sweatpants win

Yashoda says thanks to homeskillet for this post.

Old 12-01-2010 at 09:05 AM   #17
aya017

Liked: 22 Times

Sometimes, it's better to get more sleep than wake up earlier to get ready and put on makeup. lol. Sleep > putting makeup on most days.

Iamanonymous, Yashoda all say thanks to aya017 for this post.

Amaryll, lorend, Yashoda like this.
Old 12-01-2010 at 09:16 AM   #18
Rakim
Account Locked

Liked: 814 Times

Guys... if you're going to respond PLEASE don't just reiterate what others say. I gather most of you are incapable of forming your own arguments or justifications, but please don't say "Most people are paying for their education NOT to impress you dude".... You can still dress nicely, thanks.
Old 12-01-2010 at 09:22 AM   #19
pinkpiggydoe

Liked: 14 Times

why does dressing in sweats + hoodie constitute as not dressing nicely?? i think many girls pull off that laid back look so well! they look so comfortable .. its the ppl who put on a TON of makeup on in the morning to go to class that i don't really get... to me.. its sorta a waste of time and money

Old 12-01-2010 at 09:42 AM   #20
JLG 15

Liked: 0 Times

It is everyones on choose on what to wear or whether or not to wear make up.
I do not think it is right for you to say that we should wear make up or not wear sweat pants.
This is insulting!!!
Old 12-01-2010 at 10:00 AM   #21
REPLEKIA/.
Community Engagement Officer

Liked: 447 Times

I'm with the general consensus here. They have the right to dress how they want. Furthermore Bloodywarz is 100% right in saying that there are still plenty of beautiful and classy women here at MAC.

Besides I think the sweatpants are a good idea. It's cold right now and sweatpants can be a bunch warmer than jeans. I'm all for function over fashion, albeit I may be biased as nothing fashionable exists in skinny giant size. Personally if I were to see a girl in a gorgeous dress this time of year the first thing that would pop into my mind is that she's crazy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakim View Post
Guys... if you're going to respond PLEASE don't just reiterate what others say. I gather most of you are incapable of forming your own arguments or justifications, but please don't say "Most people are paying for their education NOT to impress you dude".... You can still dress nicely, thanks.
I see no problem with a shared consensus. If you are only allowed to post with ideas that have never been discussed before, our conversations on MI would be very short and boring.

For ease of continuation of this discussion, could you please define what you believe dressing nicely to be?

Last edited by REPLEKIA/. : 12-01-2010 at 10:09 AM.

lorend, Yashoda all say thanks to REPLEKIA/. for this post.

Yashoda likes this.
Old 12-01-2010 at 10:13 AM   #22
Rakim
Account Locked

Quote:
Originally Posted by REPLEKIA/. View Post
I'm with the general consensus here. They have the right to dress how they want. Furthermore Bloodywarz is 100% right in saying that there are still plenty of beautiful and classy women here at MAC.

Besides I think the sweatpants are a good idea. It's cold right now and sweatpants can be a bunch warmer than jeans. I'm all for function over fashion, albeit I may be biased as nothing fashionable exists in skinny giant size. Personally if I were to see a girl in a gorgeous dress this time of year the first thing that would pop into my mind is that she's crazy.

I see no problem with a shared consensus. If you are only allowed to post with ideas that have never been discussed before, our conversations on MI would be very short and boring.

For ease of continuation of this discussion, could you please define what you believe dressing nicely to be?

I would love to continue discussion, but clearly people are getting very defensive (mainly because it applies to them). And there's no purpose of having a discussion when no one appears to agree with you.

*shrugs*

Desda, xxsumz like this.
Old 12-01-2010 at 10:23 AM   #23
drhorrible

Liked: 98 Times

Sorry, I'll make sure to dress up everyday from now on. It's just that between school and the kitchen, a girl has no time to fuss over appearance before her 8:30 classes! But now that you've pointed it out, I'm sure every woman on campus will start getting their priorities straight. You know what, maybe now they'll finally be able to attract a goddamn husband. I mean, why else would a girl be at university?

greenlvn, Yashoda all say thanks to drhorrible for this post.

Old 12-01-2010 at 10:24 AM   #24
REPLEKIA/.
Community Engagement Officer

Liked: 447 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakim View Post
I would love to continue discussion, but clearly people are getting very defensive (mainly because it applies to them). And there's no purpose of having a discussion when no one appears to agree with you.

*shrugs*
I don't think it's mainly because it applies to them, seeing as have nearly as many boys as girls disagreeing with you. It's probably more likely because your point of view is slightly sexist. You seem to feel that a woman needs make-up and nice clothes or she projects herself as someone who doesn't care about their appearance. Try looking at it from the other way. Should girls on campus expect all the guys to be very muscular? Shouldn't guys care enough about their appearance to work out everyday and get jacked? If you worked out for as long as girls require to properly apply make-up you'd be rather quite strong and good looking in the eyes of females, but I doubt that you do that. People disagree with you since your request seems unfair. I mean really, imagine you have an 8:30 class, would you really wake up at 6 so you could do your hair and put on make up?

Yashoda says thanks to REPLEKIA/. for this post.

Ellywinkle, Yashoda like this.
Old 12-01-2010 at 10:28 AM   #25
Rakim
Account Locked

Quote:
Originally Posted by drhorrible View Post
Sorry, I'll make sure to dress up everyday from now on. It's just that between school and the kitchen, a girl has no time to fuss over appearance before her 8:30 classes! But now that you've pointed it out, I'm sure every woman on campus will start getting their priorities straight. You know what, maybe now they'll finally be able to attract a goddamn husband. I mean, why else would a girl be at university?
Thanks for the input!
Old 12-01-2010 at 10:39 AM   #26
Leeoku
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 521 Times

am i the only guy here who thinks most girls look better without makeup n crap? and rofl at concept uni is for picking up chicks 24/7 -facepalm- indeed

lorend, SilentWalker like this.
Old 12-01-2010 at 10:44 AM   #27
thedog123123
Crazy Physicist

Liked: 313 Times

i think when a woman wears makeup it looks artificial and horrible.

And you have something against sweat pants? What do you want them to wear? A formal dress?
Old 12-01-2010 at 10:44 AM   #28
jachill
Vampire Slayer

Liked: 40 Times

Even though I think this whole "request" by the OP is unfair and sexist like replekia said...I'll be honest, I would never wear sweatpants in public and I especially can't stand to see them tucked into uggs but whatever, I don't go to University to judge other people. You could say I've "dressed to impress" everyday since high school and I'm perfectly comfortable getting up early to do it. Yes, that involves getting up at 6:30 for an 8:30 class (but I also live off campus). *shrug* Everyone is different.

ingénieur.xo, Rakim like this.
Old 12-01-2010 at 10:46 AM   #29
Rakim
Account Locked

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leeoku View Post
am i the only guy here who thinks most girls look better without makeup n crap? and rofl at concept uni is for picking up chicks 24/7 -facepalm- indeed
Yes, dude... my goal is to pick up every chick at mcmaster bro!

Remember when I mentioned that in one of my posts... or are you using some deductive reasoning here?
Old 12-01-2010 at 11:12 AM   #30
Kendoon
Sometimes helpful

Liked: 645 Times

Since I have no interest in being a white knight here, all I'm going to say is that the vast majority of males at this school, including Rakim and hell, even myself, are quite fugly. There's no reason to look good for us. Also, intelligent females (i.e. those in science/engineering are generally the type to have their priorities straight and not care about looking good all the damn time, which actually makes them MORE attractive).

Seriously. I look like Hugh Jackman had a child with Dominic Purcell and and when I was born I fell out of the Down's Syndrome tree, hitting all the branches on the way down.