MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
do girls like shy guys? dhgn Dating & Relationships 203 01-18-2011 09:09 PM
tattoos on girls: your opinion Cliu91 Body & Food 122 12-05-2010 11:57 AM
Girls need to... Guys need to... NowHere General Discussion 73 11-11-2010 12:48 PM
Girls Field Hockey kuruczpa Athletics & Recreation 0 09-08-2010 07:44 PM

Why do mcmaster girls not care about their appearance?

Old 12-01-2010 at 11:13 AM   #31
Freija
Elite Member

Liked: 384 Times

Bitches bitching about not being the bitchin' bitches haven't seen the bitches in engineering.
I mean I shower every morning and comb my hair. It's not that hard.
Old 12-01-2010 at 11:15 AM   #32
Kendoon
Sometimes helpful

Liked: 645 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freija View Post
Bitches bitching about not being the bitchin' bitches haven't seen the bitches in engineering.
I mean I shower every morning and comb my hair. It's not that hard.
Yeah, my ex is in Eng at Mac, and not only does she get asked out like...once a week by a FOB or brown guy that she has never spoken to, but she says she also literally comes to class in a hoodie and sweatpants, un-showered and looking completely unkempt and guys STILL look at her like she's the holy grail. A guy drew a picture of her once and handed it to her after class.

Probably because of the like 90:1 ratio of males:females but come on :/

Then again I'm the kind of guy who thinks lack of effort is hot because it makes me look like less of a slob when I put in less effort and chicks who are super high maintenance are annoying but there is something seriously wrong with the asian/brown guys in eng.

Last edited by Kendoon : 12-01-2010 at 11:22 AM.
Old 12-01-2010 at 11:15 AM   #33
Freija
Elite Member

Liked: 384 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakim View Post
Guys... if you're going to respond PLEASE don't just reiterate what others say. I gather most of you are incapable of forming your own arguments or justifications, but please don't say "Most people are paying for their education NOT to impress you dude".... You can still dress nicely, thanks.
Lols.
Get into argument.
Repeat the same thing over and over agian.
Old 12-01-2010 at 11:16 AM   #34
ingénieur.xo
Elite Member

Liked: 38 Times

I think that dressing nicely and looking good takes just as little of effort as it does to put on jogging pants and a hoodie. I understand that people want to put more "effort" into their education than on their appearance... actually no I don't think the 2 are really that related, honestly I put effort into both my education and my appearance, hasn't seemed to hurt me either way. I'm not dressing to go out and impress any guys out there I'm doing it for myself. Yes I'm a student but at the same time I don't want my professors to think that I'm a sloppy person, I want them to see that I put effort into my everyday life not just my education. Life isn't just about school even if I'm paying $8000 a year for it.
Anyways I'm on the OP's side for this one, well for the dressing nicely, not the doing it to get picked up or to pick up guys. I do it for me and my future. I'm not saying anybody else is wrong, just saying it can be done both ways don't have to be in sweatpants and hoodie to be able to be concentrating on school.

J-Met likes this.
Old 12-01-2010 at 11:16 AM   #35
RyanC
Elite Member

Liked: 2,312 Times

Another quality thread, brought to you by Joe Budden!
i cant believe people are taking him seriously
Old 12-01-2010 at 11:21 AM   #36
Kendoon
Sometimes helpful

I think the real question here should be WHY ISN'T IT SNOWING MORE.

doug, mlangille like this.
Old 12-01-2010 at 11:26 AM   #37
CuTieTiFFie~

Liked: 5 Times

omg like seriously
i walked into an engineering class once
i thought we were back in the stone age or something
i mean we live in a world of internet we have people like michelle phan who can teach us how to put on makeup..
i mean like HELLO GIRLS
it only takes 10 minutes to put on foundation, fill in my eye brows, a bit of eyeliner mascara and shadow.
like i understand that there are some girls who are just born unlucky and i think it's perfectly acceptable to just wear sweatpants and a hoodie cuz theres like hope for them anyway

like honestly girls its not that hard get your act together

heres some help
http://www.youtube.com/results?searc...+makeup&a q=f
Old 12-01-2010 at 11:28 AM   #38
Kendoon
Sometimes helpful

Quote:
Originally Posted by CuTieTiFFie~ View Post
omg like seriously
i walked into an engineering class once
i thought we were back in the stone age or something
i mean we live in a world of internet we have people like michelle phan who can teach us how to put on makeup..
i mean like HELLO GIRLS
it only takes 10 minutes to put on foundation, fill in my eye brows, a bit of eyeliner mascara and shadow.
like i understand that there are some girls who are just born unlucky and i think it's perfectly acceptable to just wear sweatpants and a hoodie cuz theres like hope for them anyway

like honestly girls its not that hard get your act together

heres some help
http://www.youtube.com/results?searc...+makeup&a q=f
Must... not... reverse troll...

Old 12-01-2010 at 11:51 AM   #39
~*Sara*~
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 622 Times

I know a lot of people who can't pull off the whole sweater+sweatpants look, myself included. I remember 8:30 class last year, it was so odd to see so many people with that or even just pyjamas >.<. But then again, no judgment, everyone should dress the way they feel like it, even if others disagree. But the pyjamas thing, that's just weird in my opinion =/. As for makeup and whatnot, some people just don't know how to use it, don't like using it, and some people even look better without any makeup. I've personally only started using makeup regularly last year and I know a ton of people who don't. On the other side of the argument, I've seen a ton of people dress nicely maybe even overdress or have too much makeup on. So the two extremes are still there, and neither is better than the other. It's just personal choice
Old 12-01-2010 at 11:58 AM   #40
Cliu91
Taylor Gang Lifestyle

Liked: 325 Times

Single girls should dress nicely.
Girls who are taken can dress like homeless people.
Old 12-01-2010 at 11:58 AM   #41
Kendoon
Sometimes helpful

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~*Sara*~ View Post
I know a lot of people who can't pull off the whole sweater+sweatpants look, myself included. I remember 8:30 class last year, it was so odd to see so many people with that or even just pyjamas >.<. But then again, no judgment, everyone should dress the way they feel like it, even if others disagree. But the pyjamas thing, that's just weird in my opinion =/. As for makeup and whatnot, some people just don't know how to use it, don't like using it, and some people even look better without any makeup. I've personally only started using makeup regularly last year and I know a ton of people who don't. On the other side of the argument, I've seen a ton of people dress nicely maybe even overdress or have too much makeup on. So the two extremes are still there, and neither is better than the other. It's just personal choice
I hide my lack of dressiness during school with a huge three-quarter coat :3

I think the pyjamas thing is almost entirely first years...

Old 12-01-2010 at 12:00 PM   #42
Cliu91
Taylor Gang Lifestyle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kendoon View Post
I think the pyjamas thing is almost entirely first years...
The whole "I'm gonna go to class in my pyjamas acting like I DUN CAAAARE (but I really do, but it's cool to wear pj's and stand out)" mentality?
Old 12-01-2010 at 12:02 PM   #43
Kendoon
Sometimes helpful

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cliu91 View Post
The whole "I'm gonna go to class in my pyjamas acting like I DUN CAAAARE (but I really do, but it's cool to wear pj's and stand out)" mentality?
For me it was hoodies and sweat pants to my friday morning anatomy/physiology tests in first year @[email protected]

Old 12-01-2010 at 12:02 PM   #44
lizziepizzie
aka Mrs. Henry Cavill

Liked: 423 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by bloodywarz View Post
i would understand your complaining if we were still in high-school, but the reason people pay so much for tuition isn't so they can come and look pretty for others, they care more about their studies and thats a good thing. and i dunno if you been living under a rock or something but there are quite a bit of really good looking girls at mac.
THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU

Quote:
Originally Posted by homeskillet View Post
Because the guys on this campus are nothing to make an effort for. If you looked like Patrick Dempsey it would be a different story, unfortunately you don't, so my sweatpants win
Exactly, if you are implying (and you obviously are) that girls need to look better or dress more nicely or whatever, then guys should do the same! Some guys on campus look like absolute slobs! And I really don't care, because like everyone else is saying, WE ARE HERE TO LEARN! It's such a double standard to say that girls need to look nice. I've seen girls on campus in stiletto heels at 8:30 AM and they look ridiculous. Albeit, it is true that many marriages are a product of university relationships, it isn't true that the only attraction to a person is because of their appearance.

Yashoda likes this.
Old 12-01-2010 at 12:03 PM   #45
Cliu91
Taylor Gang Lifestyle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kendoon View Post
For me it was hoodies and sweat pants to my friday morning anatomy/physiology tests in first year @[email protected]
I don't understand the reasoning behind dressing good when going to exams.
Sweats and hoodies are the way to go!