MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
2nd programs stja1 First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 20 05-25-2012 01:40 PM
Vector Programs mike_302 Computers & Tech 0 08-12-2011 11:53 AM
What are your top PC/Mac programs? rahulsbhagat Computers & Tech 34 08-11-2011 10:34 AM
Switch Programs shahzorasad Introduce Yourself 1 05-15-2011 09:57 PM
Programs at Mac manu General Discussion 8 06-28-2009 09:12 PM

Why Mac Kin over other Kin programs?

Old 02-01-2013 at 12:17 AM   #1
runner95

Liked: 0 Times

Why Mac Kin over other Kin programs?
I've applied to Mac, Waterloo (with co-op), and Queen's for Kinesiology. I've already been accepted to Waterloo and I've decided that I'm no longer interested in Queen's.

Here's a little background on who I am and what I'm about. I'm a bit of a nerd because I love school, I'm a runner (xc and track and field), and I'm vegan. I'm interested in applying to med school with an aspiration of being an emergency physician or orthopedic surgeon. But if I decide against med school I'd also be interested in becoming a nutritionist, occupational therapist, or physiotherapist.

So I was wondering...
What makes Mac Kin so much better than Waterloo Kin?
What makes Mac so special? Why will I have such a great time at Mac?

I'm really looking for people to sell me the school, so let me know why you choose Mac and why you love it so much?

Thanks
Old 02-01-2013 at 12:35 AM   #2
jim1
Elite Member

Liked: 360 Times

I am not in Kin, but i like mac because it's a great place to be at. You will be getting quality education while enjoying your undergraduate years! At the end of the day it's your choice which school to attend.

Before deciding, try to visit both schools and see which one you like more. [email protected] is a great way to meet some of your professors and get a feel of the program and the school in general. There's also an event during your march break where you can explore the campus.

Annual special events:

March Break Tours:
Regular campus tours are offered during March Break week.

[email protected] (Saturday, May 11, 2013):
May @ Mac is our annual open house. The open house includes campus tours, special facility tours, sample lectures, lab demonstrations and opportunities to speak with professors, staff and students.

http://future.mcmaster.ca/tours/

All the best with everything!

runner95 says thanks to jim1 for this post.
Old 02-01-2013 at 07:29 AM   #3
craizins

Liked: 2 Times

What makes Mac Kin so much better than Waterloo Kin?

I also applied to Waterloo Kin when I was choosing universities because I was attracted to their coop option, which Mac unfortunately does not have. However, I ultimately chose Mac because of its stellar rep in its general sciences and kin program, and haven't regretted it since. Obviously I cannot make comparisons between Waterloo and Mac in terms of prof or academic quality because I haven't been to Waterloo, but based on the campus/school life in general, Mac students are generally more satisfied.

http://dailynews.mcmaster.ca /artic...n-says-report/

I have a few friends who go to Waterloo, and they do admit that their social life suffers (this probably also depends on the program). Not sure how big Waterloo kin is, but Mac kin is small (around 200 people), and I think this really enhances teaching quality. Plus, kin kids all know each other and are closer than some other programs.

Finally, no matter which school you choose, your university experience is what you make of it! All my friends are happy with their choice of university. Unless its York they chose. Not sure what to make of that :S

icecubz, runner95 all say thanks to craizins for this post.

icecubz likes this.