MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
My timetable is EMPTY......... incarnation First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 1 08-29-2010 07:53 AM
Got my schedule ECHOvirus First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 1 08-10-2010 01:06 PM
How to return empty beer bottles? Chris98 Body & Food 3 07-13-2010 09:05 PM
Glass Half Empty: A Conference on Freshwater Depletion Crisis Lois MacInsiders Announcements 3 03-12-2010 10:02 PM
Holiday Schedule and Exam schedule Reno V First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 9 10-16-2008 01:56 PM

Why is my schedule empty!!

Old 08-09-2010 at 09:28 PM   #1
samir2

Liked: 12 Times

Why is my schedule empty!!
schedule came up like this this morning. anyone else with this issue? It just says "core to be selected by student, lab to be selected by student etc.). I don't think i messed up in Solar (I picked courses, we weren't allowed to pick cores yet). So why did this happen?

I attached a picture of the schedule.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Capture.jpg (38.9 KB, 80 views)
Old 08-09-2010 at 09:29 PM   #2
jhan523
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 604 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by samir2 View Post
schedule came up like this this morning. anyone else with this issue? It just says "core to be selected by student, lab to be selected by student etc.). I don't think i messed up in Solar (I picked courses, we weren't allowed to pick cores yet). So why did this happen?

Apparently it's a glitch, check again tomorrow and if it's still like that contact the Registrar.
Old 08-09-2010 at 10:17 PM   #3
kanthamd

Liked: 8 Times

Quote:

Mine is like that too... all of my night classes have been placed but my daytime classes haven't. You choose your tutorials when SOLAR reopens on Wednesday so maybe you can choose the core then too if its not fixed?

Last edited by kanthamd : 08-09-2010 at 11:31 PM.
Old 08-09-2010 at 11:17 PM   #4
samir2

I hope it's fixed by tomorrow, because I wanted to look it over and decide if I wanted to drop / add anything BEFORE Solar opens.
Old 08-09-2010 at 11:24 PM   #5
MacPack
Offical Deal Blogger
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 160 Times

Yeah me too just finished taking a screen shot so I could ask for help. I wasn't expecting that . When I saw it in the morning I was like wtf, must be like that for all courses with sections. But then I saw a friends schedule on FB.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Student Personal Timetable upload.jpg (18.2 KB, 29 views)
Old 08-10-2010 at 01:09 PM   #6
MacPack
Offical Deal Blogger
MacInsiders Staff

Okay so its still not working for me, how about you guys?
Old 08-10-2010 at 01:24 PM   #7
samir2

Yeah, damn! It's still like that, I tried to call the registrar but i keep getting the busy tone, not even put on hold.
Old 08-10-2010 at 01:36 PM   #8
MacPack
Offical Deal Blogger
MacInsiders Staff

kk I'm trying to. Can you msg me or just post here when you get through.
Old 08-10-2010 at 01:37 PM   #9
kanthamd

only my night classes have been sectioned... how is the phone busy for 20 mins straight!?
Old 08-10-2010 at 01:46 PM   #10
Shanice

Liked: 0 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacPack View Post
Yeah me too just finished taking a screen shot so I could ask for help. I wasn't expecting that . When I saw it in the morning I was like wtf, must be like that for all courses with sections. But then I saw a friends schedule on FB.

If above your classes listed in the yellow says "Sectioning conflict - Core" then all those classes are in conflict with each other. If so, when solar reopens, you will have to rearrange your courses or even choose other ones. I got my timetable and one of my courses was missing. so I'll have to choose another to fit my timetable too. I really hope it helps

Or there are some other issues that you will need to address. You will have to wait until solar re-opens, and if im not mistaken, the Mcmaster phone line isn't available when solar is unavailable. -Best of luck

Last edited by Shanice : 08-10-2010 at 01:50 PM.
Old 08-10-2010 at 01:48 PM   #11
MacPack
Offical Deal Blogger
MacInsiders Staff

because there must be quite a lot of student with this problem and more. We are jamming the line
Old 08-10-2010 at 01:51 PM   #12
amitoj

Liked: 15 Times

Quote:

Lmfaooo. The picture looks pretty jokes. probably just a glitch.
Old 08-10-2010 at 02:47 PM   #13
jhan523
MacInsiders Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by kanthamd View Post
only my night classes have been sectioned... how is the phone busy for 20 mins straight!?
20 minutes? That's lucky for this time of year. Hundreds of students are calling in at this time. Depending on which department you call, they have anywhere from 2-5 or 6 people.
Old 08-10-2010 at 02:51 PM   #14
kanthamd

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhan523 View Post
20 minutes? That's lucky for this time of year. Hundreds of students are calling in at this time. Depending on which department you call, they have anywhere from 2-5 or 6 people.
i never managed to get through.... i tried for almost an hour. I was calling the registrar's office, which everyone probably was, but they closed at 3 today... guess ill just have to hope my timetable fixes itself at some point

Last edited by kanthamd : 08-10-2010 at 02:58 PM.
Old 08-10-2010 at 02:54 PM   #15
jhan523
MacInsiders Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by kanthamd View Post
i never managed to get through.... i tried for almost an hour. I was calling the registrar's office, which everyone probably was, but they closed at 3 today (and the line is still busy.) guess ill just have to hope my timetable fixes itself at some point
The registrar doesn't seem to have a lot of employees for some ridiculously stupid reason I'm sure. Unless in the back of the office they have like 5 people taking phone calls, there are only like 3 people there at any given time...