MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Long time user; first time poster Kaan Introduce Yourself 1 09-05-2011 05:54 PM
It's that time of year again: Daylight Savings Time! manu MacInsiders Announcements 5 03-14-2010 03:47 AM
Strike Go Prepare Sequence Initiate Our Luck General Discussion 39 11-02-2009 07:22 AM
HSR bus pass -full time /part time student macculkin General Discussion 9 04-20-2009 06:45 PM

Wives initiate divorce 90% of the time in college educated couples

Old 10-04-2011 at 09:15 PM   #1
RockerSocker
Account Locked

Liked: 90 Times

Wives initiate divorce 90% of the time in college educated couples
http://journals2.scholarspor tal.in...82293337.p df

"women currently file slightly more than two-thirds of the divorce cases in the U.S., and that figure jumps to 90% among college-educated couples"

Just a heads up to guys out there thinking of marrying their girl who happens to be college educated. These statistics are straight up appalling.

Alternate link for the technologically ignorant:
http://www.unc.edu/courses/2006fall/...ngs/Brinig.pdf

Last edited by RockerSocker : 10-05-2011 at 05:39 PM.

AmyLia likes this.
Old 10-04-2011 at 09:25 PM   #2
AmyLia

Liked: 28 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockerSocker View Post

"women currently file slightly more than two-thirds of the divorce cases in the U.S., and that figure jumps to 90% among college-educated couples"

Just a heads up to guys out there thinking of marrying their girl who happens to be college educated. These statistics are straight up appalling.

College-educated women make more money and women who are able to make enough money on their on are less likely to put up with a guy's crap. to them!

Old 10-04-2011 at 09:33 PM   #3
britb
Mr.Spock is not dazzled.

Liked: 611 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmyLia View Post
College-educated women make more money and women who are able to make enough money on their on are less likely to put up with a guy's crap. to them!
College women are smart. Sorry boys, gonna have to try harder to make us happy.

Now I know why I've never had a boyfriend...
Old 10-04-2011 at 09:36 PM   #4
Eternal Fire
Elite Member

Liked: 227 Times

maybe the whole idea of marriage is outdated now...
Old 10-04-2011 at 09:38 PM   #5
VastHorizon
Elite Member

Liked: 128 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by britb View Post
College women are smart. Sorry boys, gonna have to try harder to make us happy.

Make you girls happy?

Haha. We're happy just by ourselves.

Friday night: Game's on, beer in hand, and hot pizza.

Why would I try to please someone else when I've got it all figured out?

...?!, J. Dorey, jim1 like this.
Old 10-04-2011 at 09:44 PM   #6
siefer1322

Liked: 96 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by britb View Post
Yeah it has nothing to do with the fact that your probably overweight, unattractive, and boring or some combination of those.
Old 10-04-2011 at 09:48 PM   #7
Twelve Chars

Liked: 318 Times

Quote:

Where exactly did you pull this quotation from? Because it's not in that article. I searched on google and from what I can tell you just paraphrased a few lines from the Wikipedia article on divorce and put quotation marks around it.
Old 10-04-2011 at 10:07 PM   #8
lawleypop
I am Prince Vegeta.

Liked: 1,373 Times

I wouldn't divorce people either back in the 50s if it meant you were a slut by society's standards and I wasn't allowed to work and yet still expected to support my children.

Times, they are a changin'

Mathematically it makes about as much sense as
(pineapple)$$*cucumbe r*.

Old 10-05-2011 at 07:37 AM   #9
RockerSocker
Account Locked

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twelve Chars View Post
Where exactly did you pull this quotation from? Because it's not in that article. I searched on google and from what I can tell you just paraphrased a few lines from the Wikipedia article on divorce and put quotation marks around it.
The data is there if you bothered to actually read and understand the article, but it's probably above your level if I'm being honest.
Old 10-05-2011 at 07:42 AM   #10
RockerSocker
Account Locked

Quote:
Originally Posted by lawleypop View Post
I wouldn't divorce people either back in the 50s if it meant you were a slut by society's standards and I wasn't allowed to work and yet still expected to support my children.

Times, they are a changin'
Your post is completely irrelevant. The study isn't pointing out an increase in divorce rates over the years, it's pointing out that RIGHT NOW, 90% of divorces are initiated by women.
Old 10-05-2011 at 07:49 AM   #11
RyanC
Elite Member

Liked: 2,312 Times

Quote:
The data is there if you bothered to actually read and understand the article, but it's probably above your level if I'm being honest.
I briefly skimmed through the article and only saw "a majority of college-educated woman-initiated(sic) initiate divorce". None of the correlation variables from what I saw included data on initiation, just whether they had children, how many spouses in the past etc. I tried to look at the article again but the link isn't working for me, and firefox seemed to want to delete the pdf...

But main point here is the fact that the burden is upon you to show where cited phrase "..90%.." came from, not just calling people's posts irrelvant and the article being above their 'level'.
Old 10-05-2011 at 07:57 AM   #12
RockerSocker
Account Locked

Quote:
Originally Posted by RyanC View Post
I briefly skimmed through the article and only saw "a majority of college-educated woman-initiated(sic) initiate divorce". None of the correlation variables from what I saw included data on initiation, just whether they had children, how many spouses in the past etc. I tried to look at the article again but the link isn't working for me, and firefox seemed to want to delete the pdf...

But main point here is the fact that the burden is upon you to show where cited phrase "..90%.." came from, not just calling people's posts irrelvant and the article being above their 'level'.
Again, just because you failed to know how to actually interpret the tables doesn't mean the data is not there. You flat out told me you skimmed the article and you're trying to form any kind of argument? And then you bring up your technical incompetencies like it's relevant at all. Try to read and interpret Table 3 and try again. McMaster's education at its finest being showcased in this thread.

Last edited by RockerSocker : 10-05-2011 at 05:39 PM.
Old 10-05-2011 at 08:11 AM   #13
RyanC
Elite Member

Liked: 2,312 Times

Quote:
Again, just because you failed to know how to actually interpret the tables doesn't mean the data is not there. You flat out told me you skimmed the article and you're trying to form any kind of argument? And then you bring up your technical incompetencies like it's relevant at all. Try to read and interpret Table 4 and try again. McMaster's education at its finest being showcased in this thread.
I just said, I can't look at it because you provided no sources, only a quote that didn't appear to even be in the article in question, so I can't give it a proper read (link is broken for me). I skimmed it because it was late at night and I have a midterm today.

Trolling at its finest being showcased in this thread?
Old 10-05-2011 at 08:21 AM   #14
RockerSocker
Account Locked

Quote:
Originally Posted by RyanC View Post
I just said, I can't look at it because you provided no sources, only a quote that didn't appear to even be in the article in question, so I can't give it a proper read (link is broken for me). I skimmed it because it was late at night and I have a midterm today.

Trolling at its finest being showcased in this thread?
How is it trolling at all when the data is actually there? I don't understand why people like you have to come into threads and try (and fail miserably) to ruin them, when the purpose of them was to incite discussion. Honestly, you're the real troll here for attempting to derail the thread for literally no purpose at all other than get some e-cred or something.
Old 10-05-2011 at 09:53 AM   #15
Twelve Chars

Liked: 318 Times

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/JFK

"RockerSocker eats horse dick for breakfast 90% of the time." - JFK

Dun worry if you don't get it, it's probly too deep for u, but here's a picture of some kitties to entertain u in the meantime.

Alchemist11, britb, m0ns13ur like this.