MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
This week in Cootes Paradise! Alvand MacInsiders Announcements 10 10-05-2010 10:09 AM
Noob in the house Leeoku Introduce Yourself 4 08-10-2010 07:00 PM
House lawleypop General Discussion 12 10-19-2009 09:05 PM
a walk in Cootes Paradise katie_batt General Discussion 10 10-13-2008 04:48 PM

Wnetworth house & paradise catering

Old 07-22-2010 at 09:50 PM   #1
AndreaS

Liked: 0 Times

Wnetworth house & paradise catering
Hey guys does anyone know if you have to use paradise catering if you're planning an event in wentworth house. I've heard a rumour that you don't but could someone please clarify? Thanks! If not is there anywhere on campus that is a paradise catering loophole?
Old 07-22-2010 at 10:58 PM   #2
MacPack
Offical Deal Blogger
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 160 Times

ask for some ethnic food they cant possibly make
Old 07-22-2010 at 11:25 PM   #3
dsahota

Liked: 83 Times

What room are you using in Wentworth House?

If its the Wentworth Lounge, its run by the Phoenix (which is owned by the Graduate Student Association) and they do catering for the room (so no need to call Paradise). Phoenix Catering is generally cheaper and better than Paradise. You'd have to talk to the Phoenix management about bringing in outside food though, I'm not sure on any restrictions on that.
Old 07-28-2010 at 10:12 AM   #4
Cassie_B

From what I know, they can only cater within the area, and their services do not include catering outside the vicinity.. But it's still better to verify this with them..

San Diego Catering
Old 07-29-2010 at 10:15 AM   #5
rammramm

Liked: 10 Times

You don't need to use Paradise Catering if you're holding an event at Wentworth House. I think you do have to pay for the venue though as opposed to something like Bridges where you don't have to pay for the venue but you can only go with Paradise Catering for food/drinks. I would say to go with Wentworth House even though you have to pay for the room because Paradise Catering is just way too expensive.
Old 07-29-2010 at 11:20 AM   #6
paperplanes

Liked: 10 Times

I don't think you need to stick with paradise catering. I have had gino's pizza at an event there before lol.
Old 07-29-2010 at 02:10 PM   #7
AndreaS

Thanks a ton guys and sorry for the typo haha
Old 07-29-2010 at 03:40 PM   #8
AndreaS

how would I go about booking something at wentworth house in the lounge and it a nice location?
Old 08-02-2010 at 01:58 PM   #9
lorend
MacInsiders VP
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 507 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by somera3 View Post
how would I go about booking something at wentworth house in the lounge and it a nice location?
I'm not sure if it's through Housing & Conference Services (where you normally book rooms from), or if it's through the Phoenix. I'd suggest calling the Phoenix first; it's a lot easier to get a hold of people there...and they're not scary...

We are people of this generation, bred in at least modest comfort, housed in universities, looking uncomfortably into the world we inherit. -- Port Huron Statement