MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Woodstock - What floor are you? RichieX23 Woodstock Hall Forum 70 06-23-2011 06:10 PM
Life Sci 1st yr WoodStock yoojaein0131 Introduce Yourself 0 09-08-2010 10:01 PM
Woodstock Hall '09 Chad Woodstock Hall Forum 163 09-09-2009 10:34 PM
Woodstock Residence pocalyuko Woodstock Hall Forum 9 08-21-2009 09:25 PM
Woodstock '08 Chad Woodstock Hall Forum 37 08-29-2008 06:42 PM

Woodstock Hall '07

Old 07-14-2007 at 04:53 PM   #1
lorend
MacInsiders VP
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 507 Times

Woodstock Hall '07
factoids, who is living there, etc.

Hey Woodstock!
Hey what?
Old 07-14-2007 at 07:27 PM   #2
lorend
MacInsiders VP
MacInsiders Staff

• Built in 1970, Woodstock Hall houses 293 men and women on 7 floors
  • Located adjacent to Cootes Paradise and the Commons Building on the northern edge of campus
  • One elevator located at the front entrance of the building
  • Rooms can house one (single), two (double) or three (triple) occupants
  • Separate male and female washroom facilities on each floor
  • Residents share furnished common rooms/lounges on each floor with cable television
  • Also shared are kitchenettes on each floor with a refrigerator, stove, microwave, toaster and kettle (dishes and cutlery not supplied)
  • A larger multi-purpose room is located in the lower level
  • Laundry facilities, with irons and ironing boards, and study rooms are located in the lover level
  • Tunnel access to the "Market Place" dining facility located in the Commons building
Bed, bulletin board, carpeted floors, desk, desk chair and desk lamp or bookcase with light fixture, drapes, garbage can, dresser drawers and/or wardrobe or Captain's bed drawers, mirror, telephone handset, internet and phone service
Old 07-15-2007 at 04:36 PM   #3
nuttynatz

Liked: 2 Times

I'm in woodstock!
Does woodstock have private washrooms or is it stalls? lol
Old 07-15-2007 at 05:16 PM   #4
Chad
MacInsiders Founder/Admin
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 1,731 Times

Woodstock has two public/common washroom on each floor. One for guys, one for girls.

Each of the washrooms have a showering area (showers have separators and curtains so they are private). The washroom also has a few stalls, sinks with mirrors, and a hand dryer.

Washrooms are in the middle of the floor... so if your room is near the end of the hallway.. you'll have to walk a little bit with your towel on heh

Theres a common room on each floor with a kitchenette and TV (which usually doesn't get many channels).

The room I have been in was a two-person room and each side is basically a mirror image of each other... two beds each against the wall (left/right sides), then you have a cabinet with a mirror on the wall as well as a shelf to put your toiletrees... you have a wooden desk, with phone, garbage, and chair. At the head of your bed there's a wooden dresser unit with a few drawers (faces opposite of the closet).
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Woodstock.jpg (66.1 KB, 53 views)
File Type: jpg woodsroom.jpg (85.5 KB, 173 views)
File Type: jpg woodstockrow.jpg (19.1 KB, 157 views)
Old 07-15-2007 at 06:01 PM   #5
lorend
MacInsiders VP
MacInsiders Staff

Weird. All the residences I've been in have full cable (second tier according to Cogeco's standards).
Old 07-15-2007 at 08:39 PM   #6
nuttynatz

damn stalls...i thought it was the individual washrooms that some residence's have where the washrooms are shared by 6 or 8 ppl...i think McKay has that
Old 07-16-2007 at 08:58 AM   #7
Chad
MacInsiders Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by lorend View Post
Weird. All the residences I've been in have full cable (second tier according to Cogeco's standards).
Maybe the TV I was using was broken. The one on the main floor got more channels than the one in the common room on the 4th floor. *shrugs*

As for the stalls, it isn't so bad. But ya, private 'suite-style' washrooms are obviously nicer, like in Mary Keyes.
Old 07-16-2007 at 11:31 AM   #8
lorend
MacInsiders VP
MacInsiders Staff

maybe? or maybe that tv was just crazy.
Old 07-16-2007 at 08:44 PM   #9
Victoria

Liked: 0 Times

The first floor of Woodstock is set up with individual washrooms, sort of like McKay. But the other floors end up being fine. There was only once all year that I went in and all the showers were used, and same for the stalls. It's fine privacy-wise too. And great for late night bathroom chats!!
Old 07-17-2007 at 08:30 AM   #10
Chad
MacInsiders Staff

Great point Victoria, you are correct and I forgot.. the first floor doesn't have a common washroom/shower. Instead, it is a single bathroom that is near the entrance by the elevator.
Old 07-17-2007 at 09:43 AM   #11
Salina

but there are showers on the first floor right? are students allowed to have their own small television set up in their own dorm?
Old 07-17-2007 at 12:44 PM   #12
nuttynatz

would you recommend renting a fridge during welcome week or bringing our own fridge?
Old 07-17-2007 at 06:23 PM   #13
Victoria

Even more than that! There's about a 1:4ish ratio of bathrooms to people. Yes, there's one by the elevator, but there are 2 or 3 more in each wing!
Old 07-17-2007 at 06:28 PM   #14
Victoria

TVs - you can have them, but I don't think you can get cable and that. Very few ppl have them. It's all about DC++ (like Limewire, but much better - you'll get it when you get into rez) on your computer, or just watching in the common lounge. I think only one person on my floor had one, and that wasn't until February.
Fridge - I'd recommend talking to your roommate ahead of time. Their email will be with your residence application. You probably just need one fridge in your room, if that's what you're comfortable with. Besides that, renting and buying end up being about the same amount, so rent if you think you won't use the mini fridge again, but if you have one already, bring it!
Old 07-17-2007 at 11:25 PM   #15
lorend
MacInsiders VP
MacInsiders Staff

You can actually bring in your own TV and have cable set up -- however you are responsible for paying for it on your own.

As for a fridge, you probably should talk to your roommate.

What they USED to do in bunk and loft rooms was provide a fridge free of charge, however i am not sure if they are still doing that this year.

Most people I knew in single or double rooms bought (or brought) their own fridge, as they could keep it (or pass it down to a younger sibling) for other years in res/off campus.

And, it was common (especially with males and athetes) for there to be more than one fridge in each room. They would just get stacked on top of each other.

All in all, i highly reconmend a fridge! You can keep snacks, leftovers and drinks (very important, as buying them gets super expensive) and access them at any time. Freezies too (important during welcome week!).