MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Woodstock - What floor are you? RichieX23 Woodstock Hall Forum 70 06-23-2011 06:10 PM
Life Sci 1st yr WoodStock yoojaein0131 Introduce Yourself 0 09-08-2010 10:01 PM
Woodstock Residence pocalyuko Woodstock Hall Forum 9 08-21-2009 09:25 PM
Woodstock '08 Chad Woodstock Hall Forum 37 08-29-2008 06:42 PM
Woodstock Hall '07 lorend Woodstock Hall Forum 45 08-27-2007 09:16 PM

Woodstock Hall '09

Old 06-29-2009 at 06:06 PM   #16
sew12
Elite Member

Liked: 473 Times

I highly recommend going to welcome week. Especially Faculty day and night and your specific residence events. These are the most important people to get to know, other people who you will be living with and other people who will be in your classes.

The concerts and stuff are fun but you only need to go if you want to.

As mentioned at the events no one will force you to do anything you're not interested in doing. Participating is the best way to make friends though.

If you don't attend welcome week you might feel a little left out or awkward when classes start b/c most other people will have gotten to know a lot of others at welcome week.
Old 06-29-2009 at 07:05 PM   #17
paperplanes

Liked: 10 Times

hey everyone! my friend and I are in 602 !

also for those who were in woodstock last year, is 602 at one end of the floor?

Last edited by paperplanes : 06-29-2009 at 07:09 PM.
Old 06-29-2009 at 08:19 PM   #18
xxsumz
Radiates Awesomeness

Liked: 333 Times

I'm in room 334...not sure who my roomate is though. But hopefully someone I can get along with well.
Old 06-29-2009 at 08:44 PM   #19
Melanieee
Cla$$y Lady

Liked: 103 Times

sick! floor 3!!
Old 06-29-2009 at 08:45 PM   #20
PTGregD
Elite Member

Liked: 349 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by paperplanes View Post
hey everyone! my friend and I are in 602 !

also for those who were in woodstock last year, is 602 at one end of the floor?
602 *should* be at one end of the floor. If I recall correctly, it's right next to the stairwell. (I lived in Woodstock in first year)
Old 06-30-2009 at 12:14 AM   #21
tia123

Liked: 0 Times

@gregory, how'd you like it? any tips about woodstock or even the commerce program!
Old 06-30-2009 at 12:23 AM   #22
PTGregD
Elite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tia123 View Post
@gregory, how'd you like it? any tips about woodstock or even the commerce program!
Heh, where to begin?

Woodstock:

The residence is amazing. Pretty big rooms, and the washrooms were always kept clean thanks to the University staff. The air conditioning in the residence is such an amazing asset as you will soon find out. The basement is also an AMAZING place to study!

The best part about Woodstock is that Commons (Where you will be eating 99% of the time) is a 10 second walk out the front door, and there is even an underground path connecting the two buildings when the weather outside is bad (rain/snow).

Commerce:

The program rocks, plain and simple. If you really like business classes though (as I do), first year won't be as awesome as 2nd year. The reason is that you only really take 1 business class (1E03) in first year, whereas in 2nd year you take 9. That's quite the difference. First year is still amazing though; be sure to get involved in business clubs and do the first year business competition ("Lets make a deal!") as well.

If you have any specific questions, feel free to ask!
Old 06-30-2009 at 10:21 AM   #23
xxsumz
Radiates Awesomeness

Liked: 333 Times

I was just wondering about the double room size in Woodstock. I plan to bring a mini fridge with me and was wondering if there will be room. It 's a 3.2cubic ft foot so its not the smallest one out there.

Also, is there anything else I should bring to this residence?
Old 06-30-2009 at 10:25 AM   #24
PTGregD
Elite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by xxsumz View Post
I was just wondering about the double room size in Woodstock. I plan to bring a mini fridge with me and was wondering if there will be room. It 's a 3.2cubic ft foot so its not the smallest one out there.

There is definitely room for a mini fridge. My roommate and I put it in between our desks by the window (this will be a lot clearer when you finally see the room).

As for what to bring to residence, a lot of people bring a lot of different things. I've seen people bring nicer chairs (Those executive chairs on wheels) and even bring massive fans (which aren't really required for Woodstock since it has a/c). You might want to get some Mattress foam for your bed from like Walmart to make sleeping more comfortable since the mattresses they give you are pretty thin.
Old 06-30-2009 at 10:40 AM   #25
jhan523
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 604 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by xxsumz View Post

You should definitively go visit McMaster on Welcome Day, August 7th. You'll be able to see a generic room and can start planning stuff to bring and where to put them. You should also ask if your room would be the same as the generic room. I know in Edwards, some rooms have a different layout. But it might just be Edwards because it's so old. I don't think any rooms are the same size Lol.
Old 07-02-2009 at 01:26 PM   #26
Mahratta
Elite Member

Liked: 366 Times

Hey - I got a triple room at Woodstock. I know it'll be pretty crowded, but I'd like to bring a minifridge. Is there enough space in the triple?

We're on the first floor - what's the difference with the first floor washrooms opposed to the other ones?
Old 07-02-2009 at 01:49 PM   #27
pocalyuko

Liked: 9 Times

Hey - woodstock res, 6th floor, i believe room 612
How are the commons rooms at woodstock? i know on the mac housing site, it doesnt have a virtual tour of the common rooms for woodstock
Old 07-02-2009 at 01:54 PM   #28
PTGregD
Elite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mahratta View Post
Hey - I got a triple room at Woodstock. I know it'll be pretty crowded, but I'd like to bring a minifridge. Is there enough space in the triple?

We're on the first floor - what's the difference with the first floor washrooms opposed to the other ones?
There will still be room, although it will be tighter obviously. The first floor washrooms are still public, but they are individual bathrooms that you can lock instead of the communal ones on other floors. So basically it's a semi public-private bathroom.
Old 07-02-2009 at 02:23 PM   #29
jhan523
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 604 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by PTGregD View Post
There will still be room, although it will be tighter obviously. The first floor washrooms are still public, but they are individual bathrooms that you can lock instead of the communal ones on other floors. So basically it's a semi public-private bathroom.
Don't triples also get mini-fridges like the bunk & loft?
Old 07-02-2009 at 05:08 PM   #30
PTGregD
Elite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhan523 View Post
Don't triples also get mini-fridges like the bunk & loft?
You mean they come with the room courtesy of McMaster?