MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Is $200 worth the difference in these two processors? Sintos Gaming 12 08-17-2010 02:02 AM
Is Horizons worth it? chanduru First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 2 07-27-2010 07:51 PM
Minors really worth it? tammy37 Academics 36 08-21-2009 10:21 AM
Horizon worth it? VoyozooT General Discussion 14 07-23-2009 11:47 PM
News Worth Mentioning Chad MacInsiders Announcements 19 10-03-2008 01:54 PM

Is it worth it to even try?

Old 09-15-2010 at 02:44 PM   #1
Zimonada

Liked: 34 Times

Is it worth it to even try?
So over WW I was talking with one of my reps because he switched faculties over the summer because he decided he wasn't interested in what he was taking anymore. He told me that it was basically no big deal, just go in and tell them that you wanna switch and that's basically it. He's now doing Comm. Studies and MMedia, which are both electives I wanted to do but wasn't allowed to :(

Anyway, I finally got onto SOLAR after something like 5 days of trying and of course first year CMST is all full. Just wondering, but what are the odds that I'd be able to get into it if I talked to the appropriate person (whichever registrar/faculty person I should ask), and if so, who should I go to? I know it's probably a long shot since it'd only be an elective for me, but I never really thought of doing anything besides eng up until now and it would seem stupid to switch to a faculty without ever actually taking whatever I'm switching into, y'know?

Thanks as always guys.
Old 09-15-2010 at 02:56 PM   #2
jhan523
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 604 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zimonada View Post
So over WW I was talking with one of my reps because he switched faculties over the summer because he decided he wasn't interested in what he was taking anymore. He told me that it was basically no big deal, just go in and tell them that you wanna switch and that's basically it. He's now doing Comm. Studies and MMedia, which are both electives I wanted to do but wasn't allowed to :(

Anyway, I finally got onto SOLAR after something like 5 days of trying and of course first year CMST is all full. Just wondering, but what are the odds that I'd be able to get into it if I talked to the appropriate person (whichever registrar/faculty person I should ask), and if so, who should I go to? I know it's probably a long shot since it'd only be an elective for me, but I never really thought of doing anything besides eng up until now and it would seem stupid to switch to a faculty without ever actually taking whatever I'm switching into, y'know?

Thanks as always guys.
The CMST course might be cross-listed with another course. You can try to see if that's open. Chances are they won't open a seat but it's always worth a try, just contact the department the course belongs to.
Old 09-15-2010 at 03:26 PM   #3
lizziepizzie
aka Mrs. Henry Cavill

Liked: 423 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zimonada View Post

Thanks as always guys.
If I were you I would go to the Academic Advisory Office. They can help you there and send you to the right people, as well as giving you some options to help you with switching your program. I strongly suggest you do this; I have visited them a lot and they have really helped me out. Specifically, go see Jennifer Richardson. She is very helpful and really nice.
Old 09-15-2010 at 03:36 PM   #4
Zimonada

Liked: 34 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by lizziepizzie View Post
If I were you I would go to the Academic Advisory Office. They can help you there and send you to the right people, as well as giving you some options to help you with switching your program. I strongly suggest you do this; I have visited them a lot and they have really helped me out. Specifically, go see Jennifer Richardson. She is very helpful and really nice.
Stupid question, but where is this office? :l

And thanks for the replies guys