MacInsiders Logo
View Poll Results: Will you support this candid picture project?
Yes! 7 10.77%
No. 58 89.23%
Voters: 65. You may not vote on this poll

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Want to know what's up with the McMaster Students Union ? Nosh MacInsiders Announcements 0 04-13-2010 10:26 PM
McMaster Students for Health Innovation needs YOU! MSHI Clubs & Groups 0 10-16-2008 09:38 AM
SPC Card for McMaster students Matt385 General Discussion 4 09-05-2008 10:34 PM

Would you be interested in candid pictures of McMaster students?

Old 07-27-2013 at 06:35 PM   #31
moonlitnight

Liked: 4 Times

Please enlighten me on how many of the pictures used on McMaster websites or McMaster campaigns or reps who attend them include depressed and unhealthy looking students.

Having a website like this deffo would give rise to some attention seekers as well as increase body image issues.

People say Queens is a white university. Do they go around taking non-white students pictures specifically to post on a website to say its not?
People say Waterloo is full of nerdy asians. do their student body go around specifically taking non-asian non-nerdy student photos to prove its not?

Then why does McMaster student body HAVE to go around taking "natural hot/sexy" photos to bust the "brown girl with mustache" myth?

Ever heard of hair removal cream/wax? That's what take the mustache off from your "hot/sexy" girls. Want to take photos of their natural state? Tell them to stay away from these, and you will get them in their natural state. Not saying that it will make them ugly. Everyone is beautiful in their own way. But I don't see why McMaster has to promote the so-called "ideal beauty" image that Hollywood/media has been trying to feed to the general mass for a while.
Old 07-27-2013 at 07:42 PM   #32
collinbf

Liked: 49 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by AvacadoLover View Post
I will do a legal search for this. My impression is that it is completely legal to take a picture of someone on public property. Its only against the law when reasonable privacy is expected and of course, if its not voyeurism.
First of all McMaster is NOT public property, and as I said in my follow up post, it would be against the student code of conduct, and the University would definitely take action against you.

Second, you claim that you want to show case the beautiful students of McMaster, yet you want it to be candid pictures of girls in yoga pants. So basically you just want to create a creepshot website with all the content coming from mac.

Last edited by collinbf : 07-27-2013 at 09:00 PM.

AndrewS says thanks to collinbf for this post.

Old 07-27-2013 at 08:56 PM   #33
adaptation
Elite Member

Liked: 305 Times

This honestly seems no different than those facebook contests for "The hottest guy/girl in <X town>" and the picture with the most likes wins... except the key difference i guess is user submitted pictures vs candid creep-shots.

But i guess one could argue the facebook ones are usually duckface/cleavage/hooker make-up compiliations, whereas yours would be genuine casual clothing pictures which seems a little more honest.

Theeeeeeen again, every girl will be wearing the exact same pair of yoga pants and uggs or those long sock things so really what's the point i suppose.
Old 07-27-2013 at 09:47 PM   #34
anon491
Professional Fangirl

Liked: 453 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by AvacadoLover View Post
I'm going to have to comb through the results and delete any vote from females. Sorry ladies! How many female originally was against Playboy? If Hugh listened to them, history won't be as it is today.
this is an invalid point. all the girls featured in playboy magazine have consented to being in the magazine and they are aware that people will be oggling them. What you're proposing is drastically different. taking creeper shots of girls who have no way to consent to being displayed as eye-candy is ethically wrong.

plus, how soon before all the negative comments come filtering in and people use it as an outlet to flame the girls on the site?

this is a disgusting idea imo. I hope mcmaster shuts it down if you ever start it. there's no difference between this and those creeper subreddits where people take close up shots of unsuspecting girls' cleavage and butts.

AndrewS, collinbf all say thanks to anon491 for this post.

AndrewS, Cygnals like this.
Old 07-27-2013 at 11:11 PM   #35
Chad
MacInsiders Founder/Admin
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 1,731 Times

I think we can leave the creeping on Facebook. If you're deciding your university based on the 'hotness' of the student body then I'm pretty sure you have your motivations backwards. That is, unless you're paying a university tuition for the sole purpose of hooking up with someone... in which case there are many cheaper alternatives.

AndrewS, Commie42, jim1, moonlitnight, Quinn, Zebedee all say thanks to Chad for this post.

Old 07-28-2013 at 06:24 AM   #36
Zebedee
Resident Artist

Liked: 244 Times

Why aren't we having a discussion about taking pics of guys and sticking them on a website?
Why girls?
Old 07-28-2013 at 08:34 AM   #37
hungdaddy

Liked: 22 Times

this is the worst thread in macinsiders history! it started as a troll post and now everyone has to take turns showing how theyre better then everyone else
Old 07-28-2013 at 09:48 AM   #38
Commie42
Elite Member

Liked: 133 Times

Praying for this thread to get closed.

akikokoyoki, Zebedee like this.
Old 07-28-2013 at 09:37 PM   #39
rashmi.raj

Liked: 1 Time

Actually I think it would do the opposite and make people (especially women) not want to go there because random people are taking pictures.

Quiver likes this.
Old 08-03-2013 at 02:16 PM   #40
RyanC
Elite Member

Liked: 2,314 Times

Yeah, thats just what is needed.. more people coming to McMaster for all the wrong reasons.

It's like uMentioned only bordering on sexual harassment. Weeee!

Afzal likes this.