MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Avenue is going to be DOWN ? Commander MacInsiders Announcements 38 12-10-2010 11:56 PM
avenue cjdzl Academics 2 10-28-2010 01:55 PM
Avenue help plz Moh2in General Discussion 2 10-28-2010 01:22 AM
Is avenue down? noghi Academics 6 10-26-2010 09:14 PM
Anyone think Avenue will become like ELM? xxsumz Academics 22 09-24-2010 08:58 PM

WTF Avenue?!

Old 02-18-2011 at 11:06 AM   #1
justinsftw
Elite Member

Liked: 342 Times

WTF Avenue?!
I was doing my CHEM 1AA3 Quiz 2, and like in every quiz, I save after each question. At 4 minutes left, according to the timer on Avenue and my watch, I hit submit. The damn thing just began to load, and kept on loading. Eventually, it gave me a blank white screen, and then a few minutes later, I ended up with a screen with no time listed. A while later, the time showed up and said "Time Limit Exceeded." Other sites were very accessible during the quiz, because I tried going here to post right after hitting send. It's not my connection, but definitely Avenue's server. I hit submit again, and it's still loading up to this point.

I don't know what happens now. Anyone know?

WTF, Avenue?

EDIT: It FINALLY went through, and said "Late" in this font and color.

Last edited by justinsftw : 02-18-2011 at 11:09 AM.
Old 02-18-2011 at 11:09 AM   #2
alh24
Elite Member

Liked: 243 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by justinsftw View Post
I was doing my CHEM 1AA3 Quiz 2, and like in every quiz, I save after each question. At 4 minutes left, according to the timer on Avenue and my watch, I hit submit. The damn thing just began to load, and kept on loading. Eventually, it gave me a blank white screen, and then a few minutes later, I ended up with a screen with no time listed. A while later, the time showed up and said "Time Limit Exceeded." Other sites were very accessible during the quiz, because I tried going here to post right after hitting send. It's not my connection, but definitely Avenue's server. I hit submit again, and it's still loading up to this point.

I don't know what happens now. Anyone know?

WTF, Avenue?
Avenue meltdown. It's probably temporary (happened to me often with quizzes last term, and it'd eventually work properly if I left it for a while and came back to it), but if you're approaching a due time on it then you should e-mail your professor or TA about it. You're probably not the only one having that issue, and it's better to let them know early as opposed to after it's due. That way it doesn't seem like you just didn't do it and want out of a zero.
Old 02-18-2011 at 11:11 AM   #3
justinsftw
Elite Member

It's due tonight at 7:00 p.m., but we only get one attempt. I have a screenshot, and all.
Old 02-18-2011 at 11:12 AM   #4
killza

Liked: 105 Times

a2l is verrryyy slow for me right now.. won't even load. anyone else have the same problem?
Old 02-18-2011 at 11:13 AM   #5
alh24
Elite Member

Liked: 243 Times

Quote:
It's due tonight at 7:00 p.m., but we only get one attempt. I have a screenshot, and all.
Yeah, you should definitely e-mail your professor or TA. I don't know if the screenshot will mean anything to them, but since you've basically been kicked out of your only attempt, all you can really do is let them know what happened and hope they're sympathetic. I'm sure you're not the first student to come to them with a similar problem.

UPDATE: Case in point, I just got kicked out of a quiz haha. Thank gosh for 3 tries, I guess.

Last edited by alh24 : 02-18-2011 at 11:17 AM.
Old 02-18-2011 at 11:17 AM   #6
sp0003

Liked: 0 Times

same thing happened to me during my quiz. :(
why do we keep getting a new system every year when we had the best already (WEBCT)
Old 02-18-2011 at 11:35 AM   #7
~*Sara*~
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 622 Times

I was just going to write my Kin 1Yy3/1AA3 quiz, and they cancelled it because Avenue crashed entirely. And until I left about 10 minutes ago, they weren't able to fix it.. Ugh, I hope this isn't ELM all over again -_-
Old 02-18-2011 at 11:41 AM   #8
REPLEKIA/.
Community Engagement Officer

Liked: 447 Times

It supposedly auto-submits when the time runs out, so at least all the answers you put in will work... In theory...

But yeah, you should definitely email your prof about this, just to be sure.

justinsftw says thanks to REPLEKIA/. for this post.
Old 02-18-2011 at 02:32 PM   #9
Faer
Elite Member

Liked: 338 Times

Definitely talk to Prof. Landry about it, especially if you have all the proof and stuff. He'll be able to check whether it got properly submitted or not, in theory. It should've, though, if you had saved all the answers...good luck!
Old 02-18-2011 at 05:43 PM   #10
justinsftw
Elite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by REPLEKIA/. View Post
It supposedly auto-submits when the time runs out, so at least all the answers you put in will work... In theory...

But yeah, you should definitely email your prof about this, just to be sure.
I spoke to a bunch of L. Sci and H. Sci students about it and they said the same thing. Thanks, everyone.

I also heard ELM was worse, Sara.
Old 02-18-2011 at 06:00 PM   #11
~*Sara*~
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 622 Times

Quote:

I also heard ELM was worse, Sara.
Oh I know, I went through all of it last year -_- I just didn't think this would happen again with A2L. But anyway, what they used to do with Chem (it happened once last year and another time where ELM was down for maintenance) was extend the deadline or auto-submit all the quizzes that weren't submitted. So either way there will be some type of accommodation.
Old 02-18-2011 at 07:35 PM   #12
bcars
Elite Member

Liked: 286 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Faer View Post
Definitely talk to Prof. Landry about it, especially if you have all the proof and stuff. He'll be able to check whether it got properly submitted or not, in theory. It should've, though, if you had saved all the answers...good luck!
NO

Worst thing to do when something like this happens is go to Landry. He's completely non-sympathetic when it comes to stuff like this. If you can't resolve it through the chem department or your own prof (if it's not Landry), and you're still desperate for some reason, use Landry as a last resort. If you go to him with this you'll just annoy him and he will honestly judge you any other time you come to him with a more legitimate problem.
Old 02-18-2011 at 08:32 PM   #13
Kendoon
Sometimes helpful

Liked: 645 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcars View Post
NO

Worst thing to do when something like this happens is go to Landry. He's completely non-sympathetic when it comes to stuff like this. If you can't resolve it through the chem department or your own prof (if it's not Landry), and you're still desperate for some reason, use Landry as a last resort. If you go to him with this you'll just annoy him and he will honestly judge you any other time you come to him with a more legitimate problem.
i liked the part where you implied Landry is a dick

Old 02-18-2011 at 08:38 PM   #14
lawleypop
I am Prince Vegeta.

Liked: 1,373 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcars View Post
NO

Bigger font plz.
I don't think the message is clear enough.

Mathematically it makes about as much sense as
(pineapple)$$*cucumbe r*.