MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Summer Positions: Scotia Global Risk Management Hiring For Summer! Alison MacInsiders Announcements 0 01-08-2010 03:04 PM
HSR Summer passes for Summer Students? aviaf General Discussion 3 05-13-2009 03:52 AM

What are you up to this summer?

Old 07-22-2009 at 01:21 AM   #16
reeves
Jedi IRL

Liked: 557 Times

I will go to work 10 hours a day, 4 days a week, and most likely hate my job. This will continue until i quit in September to move to Hamilton for school. Speaking of which, I should probably start looking for a place in town.

Revised plan:

Go to work, and look up places to live in Hamilton, while getting paid for the work I'm not doing
Old 07-22-2009 at 06:32 AM   #17
mcmaster12

Liked: 6 Times

I spent most of my summer working. Im currently working as a Revenue Auditing Clerk at a company - 5 days a week 7am - 3pm. i also work once a week at a local No frills to pay off gas...the first job is 45 minutes away.... and lately ive been working at my gfs dads car dealership (THIS IS THE BEEEST JOB). If you love cars, definitely find a job at a dealership, it is the most interesting job, most fun you'll ever have. Plus you get to drive nice cars =D oh not to mention that fact that you get an opportunity to get an insider look of how the industry runs. Only downside, is everytime i go, which is twice a week (days im off from auditing), you work 12 hours straight. many times you dont even have time to get a break to eat lunch.

After the summer, haha i got hired by UTS as a student consultant =D

Commerce II
Old 07-22-2009 at 07:45 AM   #18
Tailsnake
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 453 Times

I managed to get a part-time job that I get barely any hours at anymore and I also found out that I spend moneyon clothes, tech, games, gas, food at about the same rate I earn it at work... so it looks like I'll be starting this school year the same way I ended the last; broke.
Old 07-22-2009 at 07:52 AM   #19
Lois
Elite Member

Liked: 361 Times

Working. :|
Old 07-22-2009 at 07:54 AM   #20
Lois
Elite Member

Liked: 361 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geek View Post
I'm working as a summer research student. I'm also volunteering at the Aviary. (Am I the only one who had no freaking clue that Westdale had an Aviary?)

I clean birds. They poop. I clean it. They squawk. I yell at them. They look all cute and cuddly and get that little doe-eyed thing going on. I decide that I love them, after all, despite the fact that they poop and squawk.

Awesome summer so far!
I loove the Aviary. I knew, but that's because I live a few minutes away and I hear the birds squawking everywhere.

Did Jerry die? He wasn't looking too well the last time I saw him. I visited Sunday and he wasn't there. :p
Old 07-22-2009 at 10:56 AM   #21
Harlequin

Liked: 35 Times

Orgo I + II

Best summer EVER!
Old 07-22-2009 at 11:37 AM   #22
ViktorVaughn

Liked: 71 Times

I'm working my second summer at the same job, and I'm finally being allowed to do things that matter. I even got to take on a couple of small projects and engineer them on my own. For the first time in my life, work isn't a chore, its something I look forward to, and even spend my own time at home working on, out of pure enthusiasm!

Basically, this summer taught me something very important; a job that you genuinely have an interest in makes all the difference in the world, especially considering how much of your day you spend doing it.

I'm also going to a music festival in Quebec this weekend. We'll be setting up tents, camping outside, and discarding the concept of sobriety for 4 days. Very excited!