south american 4 2.19%
Indian / Pakistan 43 23.50%
Latins 4 2.19%
other 18 9.84%
Voters: 183. You may not vote on this poll

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
MI background giftedchick General Discussion 23 02-14-2011 11:04 PM
Background Performers Needed for Feature film Documentary filming in Hamilton newchapter General Discussion 3 11-22-2009 02:40 PM

what is your racial background

Old 02-24-2011 at 12:48 PM   #76
Rakim
Account Locked

Liked: 814 Times

I'm black.

And I like justin bieber, sue me.

L'Étoile likes this.
Old 02-24-2011 at 01:26 PM   #77
AelyaS
Fitzgerald groupie

Liked: 521 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by MSaleh View Post
Persians aren't arab. They don't even speak Arabic, they speak Farsi.

If social science courses in high school teach you anything, it's that when making a poll with a question such as his , you should include every possible option separately, not group several together.

He's not racist, he just sucks at making polls.

xxsumz says thanks to AelyaS for this post.

justinsftw likes this.
Old 02-24-2011 at 01:32 PM   #78
xxsumz
Radiates Awesomeness

Liked: 333 Times

Why is indian and pakistan together

Old 02-24-2011 at 01:34 PM   #79
AelyaS
Fitzgerald groupie

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyfree View Post
Hey those books get published and make money, so someone must be reading them

I disagree with the pride point, but I'm honestly not going to bother arguing it anymore. I have pride in the culture and history behind me, and my family bloodline. You don't. That's fine.

I think all the confusion was some people, for some reason, thought that pride=I think I'm superior. Which is just silly tbh. You can have pride in yourself without thinking you're better than someone else.

What everyone fails to keep in mind is that as a member of a "people" (i.e Egyptian, German, Indian, etc), you have every right to have pride of your background. Everyone on here keeps focusing on individual accomplishments and interests, but forget that many groups around the world are credited with revolutionary ideas, inventions, and individual beings. If your "people" are associated with things that have benefited everyone or have been the catalyst towards something beneficial, why wouldn't you want to be a part of that?

Even if it's nothing huge, just knowing that some part of you or all of you hails from a country that is beautiful/has a rich history/whatever it might be, is a nice feeling.

Mind you, nothing to do with race, just culture. Races being constricted to a specific geographical location is an outdated concept. You don't have to look a certain way anymore

Last edited by AelyaS : 02-24-2011 at 02:05 PM.

alh24 likes this.
Old 02-24-2011 at 03:02 PM   #80
anon491
Professional Fangirl

Liked: 452 Times

I never know what to say about myself :L I'm north african. although that implies that I'm african, which I am, our culture is arab.
Old 02-24-2011 at 03:57 PM   #81
Souldier
Account Disabled by User

Liked: 256 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by AelyaS View Post
What everyone fails to keep in mind is that as a member of a "people" (i.e Egyptian, German, Indian, etc), you have every right to have pride of your background. Everyone on here keeps focusing on individual accomplishments and interests, but forget that many groups around the world are credited with revolutionary ideas, inventions, and individual beings. If your "people" are associated with things that have benefited everyone or have been the catalyst towards something beneficial, why wouldn't you want to be a part of that?

Even if it's nothing huge, just knowing that some part of you or all of you hails from a country that is beautiful/has a rich history/whatever it might be, is a nice feeling.

Mind you, nothing to do with race, just culture. Races being constricted to a specific geographical location is an outdated concept. You don't have to look a certain way anymore
Why would you be proud of something you had absolutely nothing to do with? Why would you be proud of your race or culture if you had no choice as to which race or culture you belong to? That makes no sense.

lawleypop likes this.
Old 02-24-2011 at 04:18 PM   #82
Drizzzy

Liked: 4 Times

Old 02-24-2011 at 04:19 PM   #83
RyanC
Elite Member

Liked: 2,312 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Souldier View Post
Why would you be proud of something you had absolutely nothing to do with? Why would you be proud of your race or culture if you had no choice as to which race or culture you belong to? That makes no sense.
Aye, cultural pride is stupid.
like adopting and cherishing the religion of your parents : )
Old 02-24-2011 at 04:43 PM   #84
AelyaS
Fitzgerald groupie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Souldier View Post
A lot of it actually has to do with not being given a choice about the culture you're born into. when you're put in a situation over which you have no control, you look for reasons to make it better/ feel better about it. And if that means celebrating something that is somehow related to you, why the hell not.

Look, I'm not saying you have to or that I myself do. I just gave reasoning on behalf of the people that do.
Old 02-24-2011 at 06:14 PM   #85
mcmastergcdb
Elite Member

Liked: 89 Times

I'm Sri Lankan, where da fuk do I go now? I consider myself Asian, but no, your b!tch a$$ doesn't even consider me in your poll.

ps: lol you are one of those guys who always get bullied @ skool for asking stupid questions.
ps2: Pakistan is not India...somebody please put some sense into his head.

Mepper likes this.
Old 02-24-2011 at 06:18 PM   #86
jo87
Elite Member

Liked: 152 Times

Well according to this poll we need more white students or european. I hope mac has a plan in place to recruit.
Old 02-24-2011 at 06:44 PM   #87
Freija
Elite Member

Liked: 384 Times

Most people think I'm white because of my blonde hair but I'm actually Asian.
Old 02-24-2011 at 06:57 PM   #88
JEFF_CHAN
Forum Creeper

Liked: 454 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freija View Post
Back when I had blonde hair, people thought I was white too!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcmastergcdb View Post
I'm Sri Lankan, where da fuk do I go now? I consider myself Asian, but no, your b!tch a$$ doesn't even consider me in your poll.
He did, It's just under "other", apparently ]:
Old 02-24-2011 at 07:07 PM   #89
mcmastergcdb
Elite Member

Liked: 89 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by JEFF_CHAN View Post
He did, It's just under "other", apparently ]:
I know, but my point is that this list is dumbbb!! I consider myself Asian, south asian to be more accurate, but it's not even on the list, instead it's Indian/Pakistan.
Old 02-24-2011 at 07:11 PM   #90
PHLN
Oink! Oink! Oink! Oink!

Liked: 506 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freija View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by JEFF_CHAN View Post
Back when I had blonde hair, people thought I was white too!
Seriously? Were they just being nice and use it as a excuse to start a conversation?

Both of you look nothing near white even if you have blue eyes and blonde hair.