MacInsiders Logo
Old 07-07-2010 at 05:14 PM   #196
feonateresa
Elite Member

Liked: 196 Times

LOL it's sorta funny that everyone's bitter about Spain, but they're keeping their shit together, unlike a lot of other teams.
Old 07-07-2010 at 06:16 PM   #197
blackdragon
Elite Member

Liked: 339 Times

No, what spain keeps is the ball... and they don't do much with it.. most of their games are just 1 goal. Its really boring to watch a team play like that
Old 07-07-2010 at 07:37 PM   #198
feonateresa
Elite Member

They have good possession and get close to scoring a lot. Germany who usually scores a lot played a really conservative game and didn't do anything but chase after the ball. Spain was practically playing around with them.
Old 07-07-2010 at 07:47 PM   #199
jhan523
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 604 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cristina_n13 View Post
- Watches as all the bitter German supporters jump on the Netherlands' bandwagon

Yey Spain!
Lol, Netherlands are an amazing team, they've always have had a good team. I really don't think most German supporters would jump on Netherland's bandwagon though, they are still the underdog and bandwagon jumpers usually go for the sure win.

I'm really happy that Spain won, thank goodness for that.

I can't wait for the final match, Go Netherlands!

TeleKey likes this.
Old 07-07-2010 at 07:48 PM   #200
blackdragon
Elite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by feonateresa View Post
They have good possession and get close to scoring a lot. Germany who usually scores a lot played a really conservative game and didn't do anything but chase after the ball. Spain was practically playing around with them.
Guess germany was heart broken after muller got a suspension for this game

he's back for uruguay. I smell another 4-0 win!
Old 07-07-2010 at 10:21 PM   #201
Shmowen
Absent-Minded Professor

Liked: 141 Times

Hm, The Netherlands versus Spain.....I'm guessing a goal in the 80th minute; they seem to have a history with the number eighty.......

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eighty_Years'_War
Old 07-07-2010 at 11:10 PM   #202
xo.monica
M.I.'s most trolled

Liked: 325 Times

Boooooooooo Spain
Yayyyyyyyyyyyyy Germany

TeleKey likes this.
Old 07-07-2010 at 11:58 PM   #203
blackdragon
Elite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by xo.monica View Post
Boooooooooo Spain
Yayyyyyyyyyyyyy Germany
Germany vs Uruguay should be a good one
Old 07-08-2010 at 02:43 PM   #204
kimjj8

Liked: 2 Times

OMG i thought germany was definitely gonna win..
but now since its down to netherlands and spain
GO SPAINNNNNNNN

rexelle likes this.
Old 07-08-2010 at 08:51 PM   #205
eSsBee

Liked: Liked 2 Times

I think Spain is going to go all the way!
G O S P A I N !

feonateresa, rexelle like this.
Old 07-09-2010 at 06:49 PM   #206
Cristina_n13

Liked: 23 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhan523 View Post
Lol, Netherlands are an amazing team, they've always have had a good team. I really don't think most German supporters would jump on Netherland's bandwagon though
Really?
90% of people who I know were rooting for germany are now rooting for the netherlands.

Quote:
they are still the underdog and bandwagon jumpers usually go for the sure win.
Netherlands = underdogs?
I'd say they're pretty tied.

Spain was ranked #2 by FIFA, while Netherlands were #4(?). Paul the Octopus said Spain would win. Oh and Spain has quite a few really really really good looking players. BUUTTT...
1. Spain has never gotten this far in a world cup. Netherlands has - multiple times...
2. Netherlands beat the #1 ranked team going into world cup (according to FIFA) - Brazil.
3. Spanish players know how to pass really well -but when it comes to shooting, most of their shots aren't even on target, netherlands are a lot more accurate.
Old 07-09-2010 at 07:03 PM   #207
jhan523
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 604 Times

Quote:
Really?
90% of people who I know were rooting for germany are now rooting for the netherlands.

Netherlands = underdogs?
I'd say they're pretty tied.

Spain was ranked #2 by FIFA, while Netherlands were #4(?). Paul the Octopus said Spain would win. Oh and Spain has quite a few really really really good looking players. BUUTTT...
1. Spain has never gotten this far in a world cup. Netherlands has - multiple times...
2. Netherlands beat the #1 ranked team going into world cup (according to FIFA) - Brazil.
3. Spanish players know how to pass really well -but when it comes to shooting, most of their shots aren't even on target, netherlands are a lot more accurate.
I really think that if you ask people which team is better, most people would say Spain.

Also, I really don't think the fact that Netherlands have been in the world cup finals before would do any good. That was like 30-40 years ago, any experience of the event doesn't exist on the squad anymore (at least I don't think so anyways).
Old 07-09-2010 at 07:39 PM   #208
_Luu_
Elite Member

Liked: 184 Times

Quote:
I really think that if you ask people which team is better, most people would say Spain.

Also, I really don't think the fact that Netherlands have been in the world cup finals before would do any good. That was like 30-40 years ago, any experience of the event doesn't exist on the squad anymore (at least I don't think so anyways).
Also include the fact that this year is the furthest Spain has ever gone.

Anyways, I am looking for Germany to conclude their tourney with a win.

Quote:
Really? Paul the Octopus said Spain would win...
I'm surprised that thing's still around. I would've made sushi or sashimi out of him.
Old 07-09-2010 at 07:54 PM   #209
feonateresa
Elite Member

People who were rooting for Germany and are now rooting for Netherlands are mostly only doing so because they are butthurt. Germany played a shit game, no ifs, ands or buts about it. Netherlands does have a good team however, and it'll be interesting to see how the game will go in terms of posession. Spain may not have as many scored goals, but if their posession is so good, what does that matter? They end up winning this way, as we've clearly seen.
Old 07-09-2010 at 09:22 PM   #210
gabriela.05

Liked: 4 Times

Goooo Españaaaaaa !!!!!

hopefully torres gets to play a little more <3

rexelle likes this.