MacInsiders Logo
Old 06-27-2010 at 11:28 AM   #151
eullwm
Elite Member

Liked: 221 Times

I'm very happy to have seen that Schweinsteiger, Ozil and Boateng all played, especially considering Schweinsteiger and Boateng were not fully expected to play. Muller was a beast with 2 goals in 4 minutes that crushed the England spirits.

I expect them to play Argentina, and I can't see Germany dominating that one. It'll be close. If they lose there, then I expect 2014 to be amazing with Ozil and Muller having matured more (Ozil is 21, Muller 20).

DEUTSCHLAND, KRIEG

crys.eg likes this.
Old 06-27-2010 at 12:54 PM   #152
darklink121

Liked: 59 Times

Damn did Germany dominate them, BLITZKRIEG style!

crys.eg likes this.
Old 06-27-2010 at 04:00 PM   #153
Shmowen
Absent-Minded Professor

Liked: 141 Times

Lampard should have been given his goal, though. I think that would have changed the tone of the match for England.

Goal-line technology, anyone?
Old 06-27-2010 at 04:04 PM   #154
Nino
Insider Agent (IA)

Liked: 91 Times

So glad Ghana made it through. I'm glad Germany beat England too!
Old 06-27-2010 at 04:44 PM   #155
kenneth526
Elite Member

Liked: 41 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shmowen View Post
Goodbye, Capello. That was some horrendous playing from the English......
That's exactly why I think Capello's job is safe. Technically speaking (positioning, format, etc), the English defense were sound: they were just beat on several one-on-one matches with the German forwards. Capello preached defense in his time with Inter Milan and Real Madrid, it's really hard to believe that a Capello-coached team played that poorly defensively. This was a clear case of horrendous play by the English players instead of bad coaching.

And another interesting note: British papers will probably call for Capello's head, but this all goes back to the USA game and Green's gaffe. If Green doesn't let that goal in, England probably wins the game, finishes on top of their group and play Ghana instead of Germany. But who knows, with that effort, I'm pretty sure the Black Stars would have easily beat them as well.

Old 06-27-2010
_Luu_
This message has been removed by a moderator. .
Old 06-27-2010 at 05:04 PM   #156
_Luu_
Elite Member

Liked: 184 Times

Just look at it closely and you'll see what I mean.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg motivatorb60a7c1f0bd5489e9e272bdc851512539350041a.jpg (73.6 KB, 24 views)

camais likes this.
Old 06-27-2010 at 05:07 PM   #157
~*Sara*~
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 622 Times

Very disappointed in England's performance today.. though I have to say Germany was MUCH better. Lampard's goal should have been counted, maybe that would've changed the game a little bit.

Argentina was great as well, but again Tevez's first goal was a clear offside!

Regardless, can't wait for the Argentina-Germany clash

crys.eg likes this.
Old 06-27-2010 at 05:11 PM   #158
jhan523
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 604 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~*Sara*~ View Post
Very disappointed in England's performance today.. though I have to say Germany was MUCH better. Lampard's goal should have been counted, maybe that would've changed the game a little bit.

Argentina was great as well, but again Tevez's first goal was a clear offside!

Regardless, can't wait for the Argentina-Germany clash
Can't forget the ridiculously stupid "oops I kicked the ball to my opponent in front of my net" play by Mexico. That was just hilarious, I wonder how that guy feels.

Shmowen likes this.
Old 06-27-2010 at 05:15 PM   #159
_Luu_
Elite Member

Liked: 184 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenneth526 View Post
That's exactly why I think Capello's job is safe. Technically speaking (positioning, format, etc), the English defense were sound: they were just beat on several one-on-one matches with the German forwards. Capello preached defense in his time with Inter Milan and Real Madrid, it's really hard to believe that a Capello-coached team played that poorly defensively. This was a clear case of horrendous play by the English players instead of bad coaching.

And another interesting note: British papers will probably call for Capello's head, but this all goes back to the USA game and Green's gaffe. If Green doesn't let that goal in, England probably wins the game, finishes on top of their group and play Ghana instead of Germany. But who knows, with that effort, I'm pretty sure the Black Stars would have easily beat them as well.
I definitely agree with that. Aside from the last 10 minutes of the first half where England finally found their feet, they didn't play the way Capello wanted them to play.

Also, the FA would be stupid to let him go, because he's accomplished in club football with all those trophies he's won as a player and as a coach. But knowing how the English media machine works, he'll probably resign due to pressure from the fans.

I can't see England winning the World Cup in the next 12 years. The 2010 team is probably the deepest for a while to come. They've missed their chance.

Last edited by _Luu_ : 06-27-2010 at 05:30 PM.
Old 06-27-2010 at 11:15 PM   #160
Shmowen
Absent-Minded Professor

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenneth526 View Post

Ya, exactly - he's going to be the scapegoat for England's loss, when really it was just the Englanders being out-played by their German opponents in this game and their lack of team unity in their previous games.

In my opinion, I think England's mix of all-star players for their team was their downfall; they weren't playing like a tightly-knit squad (see Germany), but more so like a bunch of individual players who happen to be wearing the same shirts. This is quite clear when you compare how England took shots on net and how Germany did - as Ozil did, for example. In that great breakaway, he didn't get selfish and try to get all the glory for himself for a goal. Instead, he passed to Mueller at the last minute and guaranteed a goal for his team, which is how a team should play with one another - it shouldn't be about personal glory.
Old 06-28-2010 at 12:00 AM   #161
blackdragon
Elite Member

Liked: 339 Times

Germany is just rocking!

PS, if anyone wants to play me on FIFA 10, let me know
Old 06-28-2010 at 12:39 AM   #162
huzaifa47
MSU VP Education 2012-2013

Liked: 360 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by _Luu_ View Post
I can't believe I haven't posted this yet, but I'll have whatever boots this dude wears.

His boots don't necessarily make that much of a difference(Unless one believes the "sweet spot" gimmick they have on those shoes like the Nike Total 90 Lasers)

That is classic "knuckle ball" technique, I was taught/learnt how to do that when I was like 14/15 back home(Pakistan). After a few attempts I can still manage a decent version of that still...

Here is a passable tutorial(thought its a bit different with shoes on and on Astroturf):

MSU Vice President Education '12/13

Old 06-28-2010
huzaifa47
This message has been removed by a moderator. .
Old 06-28-2010 at 03:32 PM   #163
Shmowen
Absent-Minded Professor

Good stuff, Brazil!