MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Jobs, Jobs, Jobs aviaf MacInsiders Announcements 10 08-08-2010 06:21 PM
On-Campus Jobs ferreinm MacInsiders Announcements 0 07-27-2010 08:42 AM
why aren't there any jobs out there? macbaby07 Volunteering Opportunities 46 05-16-2010 06:19 PM
Campus Jobs Chad Volunteering Opportunities 0 03-31-2010 09:50 PM
Jobs at mac ? WavesSea Volunteering Opportunities 7 07-14-2008 04:19 PM

30 jobs for 2008

Old 01-02-2008 at 12:20 PM   #1
lorend
MacInsiders VP
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 506 Times

30 jobs for 2008
I know I am not the only person who has been asked "what are you going to do with your degree", or "what do you want to do after university". I sort of have an idea...but I need to see what happens.

Anyways, here is a list of the top 30 jobs for the following year. However, this is an American article so the demand might be a bit different. It's just something for everyone to think about.

http://msn.careerbuilder.com /custo...252594914-VA-4

We are people of this generation, bred in at least modest comfort, housed in universities, looking uncomfortably into the world we inherit. -- Port Huron Statement

Old 01-06-2008 at 09:52 AM   #2
Locke

Liked: 0 Times

this is scary. i don't know what i want to do yet! i don't even know what i want my major to be.
Old 01-09-2008 at 12:30 AM   #3
panic_attack

Liked: 0 Times

lol yeah, i'd say its more that 'a bit' different. they have 'Gaming surveillance officers and gaming investigators' and ' Gaming and sports book writers and runners' i doubt those are in our list at all.

its also interesting to see #1 and #4 are computer related job while we keep hearing about all the computer jobs being shipped to india.
Old 01-10-2008 at 08:08 AM   #4
lorend
MacInsiders VP
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 506 Times

True' I have a feeling that they have a larger population to support jobs in the gaming industry (having a few headquarters located in the states and whatnot). Interestingly though, there are a few colleges as well as private colleges in Ontario that offer gaming-related degrees.

We are people of this generation, bred in at least modest comfort, housed in universities, looking uncomfortably into the world we inherit. -- Port Huron Statement