MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Second Year Science Courses that are GPA Killers? exuberant888 Academics 27 05-29-2011 02:05 PM
Tips/Recommendations on first year Life Science courses? m0nica Academics 47 06-27-2010 05:50 PM
Picking 2nd Year Courses [science] siefer1322 Academics 4 06-07-2010 06:53 PM
Easy 3rd year science courses zemianr Academics 8 05-22-2010 04:42 PM
Social Science 2nd Year Courses...HELP!! Ruggedman Academics 9 04-06-2009 03:22 PM

3rd and 4th year science courses

Old 05-29-2011 at 10:34 AM   #16
albalks

Liked: 16 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by RememberTwce View Post
Hypocritical much?
He gave him a taste of his own medicine.
Old 05-29-2011 at 10:35 AM   #17
tyrant
Account Locked

Liked: 121 Times

Quote:
Hypocritical much?
he was telling the rude and disrespectful ppl to gtfo, I see nothing wrong with that.
Old 05-29-2011 at 10:38 AM   #18
RememberTwce
Memento Mori

Liked: 878 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by albalks View Post
He gave him a taste of his own medicine.
Manu had a valid point. Your post suggested that you were narrowing down courses based on relative difficulty.

He didn't follow it up by saying anything else nor did he insult you in any way. I don't see what the problem is in pointing out that you should take couses you enjoy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tyrant View Post
he was telling the rude and disrespectful ppl to gtfo, I see nothing wrong with that.
His post was neither rude nor disrespectful. He simply said you should take courses you enjoy.

Edit: What's really rude is telling him to GTFO when he's giving us a perspective that few can offer.

Last edited by RememberTwce : 05-29-2011 at 10:43 AM.

Alchemist11, Lois, ~*Sara*~ like this.
Old 05-29-2011 at 10:40 AM   #19
Lois
Elite Member

Liked: 361 Times

Yeah, manu's comment wasn't rude. Just because you don't agree with something it doesn't make it rude.

~*Sara*~ likes this.
Old 05-29-2011 at 10:47 AM   #20
tyrant
Account Locked

Liked: 121 Times

Quote:
Manu had a valid point. Your post suggested that you were narrowing down courses based on relative difficulty.

He didn't follow it up by saying anything else nor did he insult you in any way. I don't see what the problem is in pointing out that you should take couses you enjoy.

His post was neither rude nor disrespectful. He simply said you should take courses you enjoy.

Edit: What's really rude is telling him to GTFO when he's giving us a perspective that few can offer.
agree to disagree (Im only saying that because I reread the posts and realize I was wrong, but I hate not being right, so you're going to have to settle for a "agree to disagree")
Old 05-29-2011 at 11:02 AM   #21
RememberTwce
Memento Mori

Liked: 878 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by tyrant View Post
agree to disagree (Im only saying that because I reread the posts and realize I was wrong, but I hate not being right, so you're going to have to settle for a "agree to disagree")
Lol good enough for me.
Old 05-29-2011 at 12:06 PM   #22
R633

Liked: 24 Times

Try taking Life Science 3A03. If you do the work assigned, you will get a double digit grade. Very interesting course as well. Last semester there were five midterms and five assignments with an in class essay that substituted for a final exam. Good luck.

albalks likes this.
Old 05-29-2011 at 12:54 PM   #23
albalks

I'm not sure if you read my comment where I explained why I would like to take some easy courses. I have a lot on my plate and I don't see the harm in taking an easy course each semester. I see absolutely nothing wrong with this. A person has to be reasonable and set time a side for various commitments. I'm in a science program and I love the courses I take especially when I get to see the concepts being applied in the real world. I'm excited for the thesis I will be working on and a lot of the bio courses i'll be taking. Therefore, I didn't find manu's comment rude because I disagree with him, it was just unnecessary and not very helpful.

This forum is supposed to be a place where people ask questions and get help. I need help with picking some easier courses to balance out my work load. I'm very involved and I love doing it.

Also, just because the course is on the easier side doesn't mean it's not enjoyable or the material isn't interesting. This is why I asked for some suggestions so I can pick out which ones I would be interested in taking. Best of both worlds.
Old 05-29-2011 at 01:14 PM   #24
~*Sara*~
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 622 Times

Have you looked into Health and Aging courses, like 1AA3 or 1BB3 or upper year courses? I know they're social science courses, but even as a Science student, I really enjoyed 1BB3 and it definitely wasn't a heavy workload. Also, I've heard a lot of good reviews about Health Studies in terms of material as well as workload, but I have yet to take it this upcoming year
Old 05-29-2011 at 01:17 PM   #25
albalks

Thanks, I'll look into in!
Old 05-29-2011 at 01:18 PM   #26
albalks

look into it*
Old 05-29-2011 at 01:21 PM   #27
Sameen

Liked: 3 Times

Life Sci 3C03
Old 05-29-2011 at 01:26 PM   #28
SciMania
Elite Member

Liked: 74 Times

Here are some science courses I found easy, but keep in mind "easy" is very subjective...

Mol Bio 3H03/3HH3
Hth Sci 3K03
Hth Sci 4II3 (taking this requires you to also take 3I03)
Bio 3FF3

and then some of the psych courses as well...I really enjoyed:
Psych 3AC3, 3CB3
Old 05-29-2011 at 01:29 PM   #29
~*Sara*~
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 622 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by SciMania View Post
and then some of the psych courses as well...I really enjoyed:
Psych 3AC3, 3CB3
A bit off-topic but.. With regards to 2nd year psych courses, are there any that are "easy" and interesting. I heard of Dr. Day's courses overall, but haven't really heard anything about the workload and such. And thank you for your help .
Old 05-29-2011 at 02:58 PM   #30
SciMania
Elite Member

Liked: 74 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~*Sara*~ View Post
A bit off-topic but.. With regards to 2nd year psych courses, are there any that are "easy" and interesting. I heard of Dr. Day's courses overall, but haven't really heard anything about the workload and such. And thank you for your help .
Here's the psych courses I took, found interesting and actually did really well in (10+):

Psych 2AA3, 2C03 - both are taught by ostovich, who I found to be really great but a lot of people don't like her testing style.

Psych 2B03 (dr. day) was okay...very easy because of the database of questions he provides which are essentially identical to those on the midterms and final

Psych 2AP3 (?), I took as 3N03...found it a little difficult (i.e. needing to put in a fair bit of effort to memorize useless statistics) but HIGHLY interesting on the whole

Psych 3CB3 - attitudes and beliefs was somewhat interesting, very easy as well

If you're interested in any of Dr. Day's courses I highly recommend typing the name into google and you'll come across his websites for each of the courses - check out the course outlines and see if the topics interest you.

I stayed away from the science-y psych courses, only because these more social science based courses were a nice break from all my science courses.

~*Sara*~ says thanks to SciMania for this post.

~*Sara*~ likes this.