MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
easy humanities and social science courses? shreya s. Academics 24 05-02-2010 11:16 AM
Summer School First Year Easy Courses Richa First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 9 06-24-2009 01:27 PM
Social Science 2nd Year Courses...HELP!! Ruggedman Academics 9 04-06-2009 03:22 PM
Easy 1st year courses for Summer School jstansfi Academics 5 02-23-2009 10:39 PM

Easy 3rd year science courses

Old 05-22-2010 at 11:27 AM   #1
zemianr

Liked: 0 Times

Easy 3rd year science courses
Hey everyone. I was wondering if anyone could help me find 'easy' or bird science courses for third year students. I'm looking to improve my average a bit, and lighten my course load with some easier courses. Any suggestions???
Old 05-22-2010 at 11:36 AM   #2
RyanC
Elite Member

Liked: 2,312 Times

Easy and science in the same sentence?

I don't have any suggestsions, but I've heard some of the bio courses are a bit birdy, like biochem maybe? (look through the course reviews, don't rely on my course, LOL)
Old 05-22-2010 at 11:38 AM   #3
zemianr

Liked: 0 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcrw88 View Post
Easy and science in the same sentence?

I don't have any suggestsions, but I've heard some of the bio courses are a bit birdy, like biochem maybe? (look through the course reviews, don't rely on my course, LOL)
yea, easy science course. like enviromental life sci, that was easy. or big questions.
Old 05-22-2010 at 11:38 AM   #4
Lois
Elite Member

Liked: 361 Times

Biochem 3G03
Old 05-22-2010 at 12:39 PM   #5
Marlowe
Elite Member

Liked: 421 Times

Do they need to be year 3 courses? Or just courses that you can take in third year? I've heard Waters, Gem Stones, Big Questions, and Natural Disasters were all jokes, although I don't know any of the course codes (so they might not be third year, or even science).

I heard if your good at math population ecology is really easy as well.
Old 05-22-2010 at 02:51 PM   #6
Lois
Elite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marlowe View Post
Do they need to be year 3 courses? Or just courses that you can take in third year? I've heard Waters, Gem Stones, Big Questions, and Natural Disasters were all jokes, although I don't know any of the course codes (so they might not be third year, or even science).

I heard if your good at math population ecology is really easy as well.
Bio 3SS3 was fun.

Bio 3T03 was 12-able, but the midterms and exams were brutal. I took it a year ago without Kolasa. I ended up drawing a fig tree and wasp on the final exam because I had no idea on how to answer the question. Yay for the bell-curve!
Old 05-22-2010 at 04:01 PM   #7
nh999
Elite Member

Liked: 15 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marlowe View Post
I also heard that the geo courses you listed are getting harder because so many people take them as bird courses.

If you like/are good at rote memorization, I thought Bio 3MM3 wasn't bad. Web assignments/dissections were fun and simple, but the lab reports (every other week) were sometimes a bit of hassle. I also heard that Biochem 2EE3 was pretty easy (?)...I'm pretty sure this course is in the course reviews.
Old 05-22-2010 at 04:35 PM   #8
Lois
Elite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by nh999 View Post
I also heard that the geo courses you listed are getting harder because so many people take them as bird courses.

If you like/are good at rote memorization, I thought Bio 3MM3 wasn't bad. Web assignments/dissections were fun and simple, but the lab reports (every other week) were sometimes a bit of hassle. I also heard that Biochem 2EE3 was pretty easy (?)...I'm pretty sure this course is in the course reviews.
Bio 3MM3 - O'Donnell is awesome.

Biochem 2Easy3? Boring course, though.
Old 05-22-2010 at 04:42 PM   #9
britb
Mr.Spock is not dazzled.

Liked: 611 Times

I'm taking Eth Sci 2GG3 right now, and its still easy. Even compressed, there isn't much new material each lecture, I can imagine it would just crawl by in the regular year.