MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
easy poli sci courses??? magicalland Academics 8 03-20-2011 11:48 AM
Taking second year courses in third/fourth year b.m. Academics 1 07-27-2010 10:37 PM
2nd Year in 3rd Year Courses. Bad idea? abbyabs Academics 16 07-09-2010 10:50 PM
2nd Year Poli Sci theKING Academics 1 05-07-2010 10:53 AM
First year taking 2nd year courses Z3phyr First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 6 01-05-2010 12:51 PM

3rd Year Poli Sci Courses

Old 05-26-2011 at 09:53 PM   #1
crazyfree
Elite Member

Liked: 284 Times

3rd Year Poli Sci Courses
So I checked the reviews and none of the courses I'm interested in have reviews, so I was hoping some of you could help me out

The ones I'm looking at are:
POL SCI 3AA3 INTERNATIONAL POLITICS IN THE POSTWAR PERIOD
POL SCI 3EE3 INTERNATIONAL RELATIONS: NORTH-SOUTH

Basically, how was the prof, workload, material etc.

Thank you so much for any help!!

Last edited by crazyfree : 05-27-2011 at 01:17 PM.
Old 05-27-2011 at 12:18 AM   #2
huzaifa47
MSU VP Education 2012-2013

Liked: 361 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyfree View Post
So I checked the reviews and none of the courses I'm interested in have reviews, so I was hoping some of you could help me out

The ones I'm looking at are:
POL SCI 3AA3 INTERNATIONAL POLITICS IN THE POSTWAR PERIOD
POL SCI 3D03 POLITICS OF RESTRUCTURING: THE STATE AND THE ECONOMY
POL SCI 3E03 THE POLITICS OF INTERNATIONAL ECONOMIC ORGANIZATIONS
POL SCI 3EE3 INTERNATIONAL RELATIONS: NORTH-SOUTH
POL SCI 3KK3 GENOCIDE: SOCIOLOGICAL AND POLITICAL PERSPECTIVES
POL SCI 3K03 MIGRATION AND CITIZENSHIP: CANADIAN, COMPARATIVE AND GLOBAL PERSPECTIVES

Basically, how was the prof, workload, material etc.

Thank you so much for any help!!
Please check the updated MTT, I am quite certain quite a few of the courses on there aren't listed. Beyond that with subjective courses like PoliSci no one can give you a definitive answer(barring a prof that is really not well received by a majority of students). But that latter situation happens rarely in Polisci, I took 3Z03 and 3E03 and they were both very different in scale and content(Local+Micro vs International and Macro) and had prof's with two different testing and teaching styles. It comes down to individual preferences and who is teaching the courses and so on. Right now for alot of courses the Prof isn't listed. For example I took 2XX3 in 09/10 with a prof and loved it, they changed the prof the year after and people on average were disliking the course.

MSU Vice President Education '12/13

Old 05-27-2011 at 12:35 AM   #3
crazyfree
Elite Member

Liked: 284 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by huzaifa47 View Post
Please check the updated MTT, I am quite certain quite a few of the courses on there aren't listed. Beyond that with subjective courses like PoliSci no one can give you a definitive answer(barring a prof that is really not well received by a majority of students). But that latter situation happens rarely in Polisci, I took 3Z03 and 3E03 and they were both very different in scale and content(Local+Micro vs International and Macro) and had prof's with two different testing and teaching styles. It comes down to individual preferences and who is teaching the courses and so on. Right now for alot of courses the Prof isn't listed. For example I took 2XX3 in 09/10 with a prof and loved it, they changed the prof the year after and people on average were disliking the course.
Thanks!
Just one thing, Sorry, but what's/where is "MTT"?

Old 05-27-2011 at 02:01 AM   #4
huzaifa47
MSU VP Education 2012-2013

Liked: 361 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyfree View Post
Thanks!
Just one thing, Sorry, but what's/where is "MTT"?
https://adweb.cis.mcmaster.ca /mtt/

MSU Vice President Education '12/13