Old 03-17-2011 at 08:50 PM   #1
magicalland

Liked: Liked 2 Times

easy poli sci courses???
has anyone taken these poli scie course:
POL Sci 2 F03 - politics, power and influence: canada
Pol Sci 2I03 - Global politics
Pol Sci 3Y03 - democratization and human rights

Which one is easier to get good mark in like above 10? I wanted to take it as an elective
thanks
Old 03-17-2011 at 09:28 PM   #2
Maudjee22

Liked: 4 Times

I've taken both 2F03 and 2I03 and they're both quite straight forward...

2F03, just a small paper, tutorial, presentation and exam
2I03, multiple choice test (10 questions) easily get perfect, paper, tutorial and exam. I actually loved this class, and so did very well... if you do readings and actually show up to class, you will get 10 and above for sure

magicalland says thanks to Maudjee22 for this post.
Old 03-17-2011 at 10:52 PM   #3
crazyfree
Elite Member

Liked: 284 Times

2I03 was amazing

magicalland says thanks to crazyfree for this post.
Old 03-17-2011 at 11:57 PM   #4
mOeeOm

Liked: 9 Times

Is there a poli sci course someone can take and not get a 10?

magicalland says thanks to mOeeOm for this post.
Old 03-18-2011 at 12:33 AM   #5
J-Met
Elite Member

Liked: 135 Times

Got an 11 in 3Y03. Its a great course, and the prof is amazing, but he does tend to go off on tangents often and its sometimes hard to get the overall theme of what he's teaching.

Also a very left wing spin on human rights...how capitalism is incompatible with human right etc. Though even if you don't agree with that logic, as long as you understand the reasoning behind it, you should do well.

magicalland says thanks to J-Met for this post.
Old 03-19-2011 at 02:34 PM   #6
magicalland

for 3Y03 - whats the format???
test and exam?

Quote:
Originally Posted by J-Met View Post
Got an 11 in 3Y03. Its a great course, and the prof is amazing, but he does tend to go off on tangents often and its sometimes hard to get the overall theme of what he's teaching.

Also a very left wing spin on human rights...how capitalism is incompatible with human right etc. Though even if you don't agree with that logic, as long as you understand the reasoning behind it, you should do well.
Old 03-19-2011 at 02:39 PM   #7
J-Met
Elite Member

Liked: 135 Times

It was one essay and one exam. I believe the essay was 40%, the exam was 50% and tutorial participation was 10%

magicalland says thanks to J-Met for this post.
Old 03-20-2011 at 11:42 AM   #8
Kathy2
Elite Member

Liked: 529 Times

I don't suggest taking 3Y03 unless you really like Galleguillos.
He talks A LOT about his life/himself in that course. Granted, it relates to the course material, but still. I found you don't learn very much in that course. I could have skipped almost the entire class and still done well on the exam. (That sounds promising, but it's kind of just a pain). I had a great TA and I did well, but I didn't enjoy that course at all.

I took 2I03 waaay back, and I liked it. The information is generally interesting, regardless of the prof.

If you're going for easy marks, take 3Y03 (if you like Galleguillos). If you're going for some marks but also a good course, take 2I03.

I never took 2F03, so I have no idea about that one.

magicalland says thanks to Kathy2 for this post.
Old 03-20-2011 at 11:48 AM   #9
magicalland

Thanks!
I will take both 2I03 and 3Y03 in summer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kathy2 View Post
I don't suggest taking 3Y03 unless you really like Galleguillos.
He talks A LOT about his life/himself in that course. Granted, it relates to the course material, but still. I found you don't learn very much in that course. I could have skipped almost the entire class and still done well on the exam. (That sounds promising, but it's kind of just a pain). I had a great TA and I did well, but I didn't enjoy that course at all.

I took 2I03 waaay back, and I liked it. The information is generally interesting, regardless of the prof.

If you're going for easy marks, take 3Y03 (if you like Galleguillos). If you're going for some marks but also a good course, take 2I03.

I never took 2F03, so I have no idea about that one.