MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
3.8 Average JakeWill Academics 7 06-04-2010 10:34 PM
Average for 3rd year njd123 Academics 6 05-30-2010 05:50 PM
sessional average? maryam17 Academics 1 05-01-2010 04:40 PM
calculating GPA average Mango First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 4 04-11-2010 12:42 AM
Marks/Average mike_2133 Academics 8 08-13-2007 08:16 PM

4.0 average

Old 01-26-2010 at 12:43 AM   #16
Souldier
Account Disabled by User

Liked: 256 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by arathbon View Post
The easiest way to get a 12 average is to be 1) Naturally intelligent and 2) Completely dedicated to the goal. I only have number two and even then I sometimes doubt myself on that one.

To all those who get 12 averages, I salute you.
There is no such thing as being naturally intelligent. And being in health sci is a lot easier to get a 12 than ANY other option.
Old 01-26-2010 at 01:21 AM   #17
Entropy
Splice onto Arcane

Liked: 974 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Souldier View Post
There is no such thing as being naturally intelligent. And being in health sci is a lot easier to get a 12 than ANY other option.
Two statements that have the potential to start endless debates on their own, neatly rolled into one post.
Old 01-26-2010 at 02:05 AM   #18
KayakerDan

Liked: 86 Times

^Oh oh, you're right! Quick, let's change the subject before anything gets out of hand! Who's been enjoying this warm weather so far?

athmi100, ~*Sara*~ like this.
Old 01-26-2010 at 07:57 AM   #19
feonateresa
Elite Member

Liked: 196 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by KayakerDan View Post
^Oh oh, you're right! Quick, let's change the subject before anything gets out of hand! Who's been enjoying this warm weather so far?
Oh, I'm enjoying the return of snow today. :]
Old 01-26-2010 at 08:04 AM   #20
BlakeM
Elite Member

Liked: 121 Times

Quote:
There is no such thing as being naturally intelligent.
This right here just blew my mind. Can't believe someone just said that.....

Anyhoozle, I wish it would go back to spring/autumn temp with 15 degrees. Hate winter/summer temperatures :(

dmzz, sniderj, xo.monica like this.
Old 01-26-2010 at 10:46 AM   #21
myInteger

Liked: 1 Time

hold on.. I heard at UofT a 4.0 average is actually 85% and above...you know what let me check. k here...it is!

http://www.artsci.utoronto.c a/curr...nscripts/guide

wow that is such bs. this is why my uoft friends brag that they have a "perfect" avg and when i say "i dont know anyone at mac that has a 12.0 avg" they go on about how uoft is the best school in ontario and its so harrddd and everyone is so smart there. 8-)
Old 01-26-2010 at 01:45 PM   #22
Kathy2
Elite Member

Liked: 529 Times

Quote:
Easiest way to get a 12 average is to be in health sci, besides that you're mostly screwed.
As much as I'm sure this is insulting to some people/programs, it's kind of true. This is widely discussed on a million topics so I won't start up another one. But I don't disagree with this!
Old 01-26-2010 at 02:26 PM   #23
mtam

Liked: 4 Times

Originally Posted by Souldier
Easiest way to get a 12 average is to be in health sci, besides that you're mostly screwed.

_______ I don't get it. Why?
Old 01-26-2010 at 03:49 PM   #24
Souldier
Account Disabled by User

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtam View Post
Originally Posted by Souldier

_______ I don't get it. Why?
It's been discussed ad nauseam on this forum, in short, health sci courses have inflated grades and profs have admitted they are pressured by the university into giving health sci students high grades they don't deserve. Also health sci students often sacrifice any dignity they have by complaining when they get low grades (which to them is anything below a 10) and they usually get their way.
Old 01-26-2010 at 06:16 PM   #25
dedust
Account Disabled by User

Liked: 2 Times

you shouldn't be complaining now, if you were smart to start off with, you would be in health sci right now and not in the program you are in. I am not in health sci but these people who are in it don't just sit on their ass and get 12s.
Old 01-26-2010 at 06:23 PM   #26
mcmull19

Liked: 6 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by dedust View Post
you shouldn't be complaining now, if you were smart to start off with, you would be in health sci right now and not in the program you are in. I am not in health sci but these people who are in it don't just sit on their ass and get 12s.

I completely agree. I know a few people in health sci, and they have to work their asses off to get 12s. And the ones that don't, do not get 12s.
Old 01-26-2010 at 07:12 PM   #27
Souldier
Account Disabled by User

Quote:
Umm, I didn't even apply to health sci or anything science related, so don't say "if you were smart to start off with, you would be in health sci right now" since applying to health sci was never even on my radar. And I have dozens of friends in health sci, and even they agree it's a joke compared to other faculties. Please don't talk about stuff which you know nothing of.
Old 01-26-2010 at 07:49 PM   #28
syan9184

Liked: 25 Times

Um just because they got into health sci, it doesn't mean they were smart...
There were a lot people that were accepted for their high avgs in high school.
BUT some got their marks from private classes (pay for your grade)...
This is why I think all grade 12 students should write a standardized test like the States so that it's fair. Think about it, one person from school A has tough teachers who don't give out good marks easily while another person from school B gets laid back teachers who give marks out for anything they do. Is that fair?

Anyways, how do they select people for health sciences? I am very curious.. lol
Quote:

Last edited by syan9184 : 01-26-2010 at 07:52 PM.

Equinox likes this.
Old 01-26-2010 at 08:00 PM   #29
Kathy2
Elite Member

Liked: 529 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by syan9184 View Post
Um just because they got into health sci, it doesn't mean they were smart...
There were a lot people that were accepted for their high avgs in high school.
BUT some got their marks from private classes (pay for your grade)...
This is why I think all grade 12 students should write a standardized test like the States so that it's fair. Think about it, one person from school A has tough teachers who don't give out good marks easily while another person from school B gets laid back teachers who give marks out for anything they do. Is that fair?

Anyways, how do they select people for health sciences? I am very curious.. lol
The same could be said for university students applying for grad schools. Personally I've had lots of TAs that have marked me harder than they've marked other students.

I think they choose students for Health Sci the way they choose all other programs: highschool grades.
Old 01-26-2010 at 08:02 PM   #30
syan9184

Liked: 25 Times

That sucks.. sigh..life sucks
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kathy2 View Post
The same could be said for university students applying for grad schools. Personally I've had lots of TAs that have marked me harder than they've marked other students.

I think they choose students for Health Sci the way they choose all other programs: highschool grades.