MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Average for upper year students into residence AnnaWM Residence & Housing 10 06-12-2010 01:03 PM
3.8 Average JakeWill Academics 7 06-04-2010 10:34 PM
continue to 3rd year average maryam17 Academics 1 05-01-2010 04:44 PM
4.0 average wonnamp Financial Aid 36 02-01-2010 01:11 AM
Need advice on what to do with my low 1st year average (Urgent!) mcmastergcdb General Discussion 20 12-07-2009 05:54 PM

Average for 3rd year

Old 05-30-2010 at 04:30 PM   #1
njd123

Liked: 0 Times

Average for 3rd year
i was wondering if anyone knew what i should do if i fall short of the requirements for my program. i need a 4 to stay in engineering, but ended up getting a 3.9. after calculating my mark myself i found that i had a 3.92 and so they rounded down. all i need is one grade point in any subject to get a 4.0. it would be a heart break to not be able to move on because of one grade point. i am also taking a summer school course that i had failed this last year and was wondering if it would count towards my CA to get it to a 4.0. any advice would be greatly appreciated.
Old 05-30-2010 at 04:56 PM   #2
webzn

Liked: 17 Times

Well, one thing I am confused about is what you are using to calculate your GPA. You should be looking at your cumulative GPA, and since you are saying that one grade will change your 3.92, I assume that is your sessional GPA.

What is your cumulative GPA. If you are retaking a course, the average of that course should be computed equally to the other ones. Ie, is should not make the previous attempt not count
Old 05-30-2010 at 05:04 PM   #3
mOeeOm

Liked: 9 Times

Summer courses don't count towards last year's C.A, they count towards the next. The only thing you can do is ask your professors for a mark bump, e-mail or meet them in person and explain your situation.

You need a 3.96 for it to be rounded up to a 4.0 so yes a tiny mark upgrade will keep you in engineering.

If you don't get it to a 4.0 you will have to go through reinstatement.

Good luck.
Old 05-30-2010 at 05:35 PM   #4
lawleypop
I am Prince Vegeta.

Liked: 1,373 Times

Meh. I'm 0.1 away from Honours Commerce, lmao.

Mathematically it makes about as much sense as
(pineapple)$$*cucumbe r*.

Old 05-30-2010 at 05:38 PM   #5
feonateresa
Elite Member

Liked: 196 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by lawleypop View Post
Meh. I'm 0.1 away from Honours Commerce, lmao.
Dude! You should like, I dunno, buy an apple for one of your professors and flash a nice smile.
Old 05-30-2010 at 05:44 PM   #6
lawleypop
I am Prince Vegeta.

Liked: 1,373 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by feonateresa View Post
Dude! You should like, I dunno, buy an apple for one of your professors and flash a nice smile.
Well, it's that effing finance mark I was telling you about on FAcebook. I was expecting a 9 or a 10 and finished with a ****ing 6. :S

Mathematically it makes about as much sense as
(pineapple)$$*cucumbe r*.

Old 05-30-2010 at 05:50 PM   #7
njd123

Liked: 0 Times

is academic probation not an option in engineering because I heard if you are within 0.5 of the needed average in other programs then you have 1 term to get it to that or your done. Kind of like your final shot in the program.