MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Anyone dropping commerce 2fa3 and commerce 4pa3 kunwaro Academics 3 01-04-2011 11:59 AM
★★2nd year Commerce question★★(It says the title has to be very long in order to....) smshlyxlhl Academics 5 08-10-2010 08:59 PM
★★★Questions About Minors★★★(Hope the Title is long and fancy enough to attract you) smshlyxlhl Academics 8 07-27-2010 10:45 PM
Dropping a full-year course? mgallant Academics 1 01-02-2010 04:15 PM
Dropping Commerce 2BA3? biggzzz Academics 4 01-07-2009 06:58 PM

★★About dropping a course in 2nd year commerce★★

Old 02-06-2011 at 11:53 AM   #1
smshlyxlhl

Liked: Liked 3 Times

★★About dropping a course in 2nd year commerce★★
The acadamic requirement for 2nd year commerce is 27 credits worth of mandatory courses and one 3 credits elective course.

I didn't take any summer school in 2010 summer(I highly recommend you to take summer school if you are in 2nd year commerce lol). anyways, my orginal plan is to take 4 courses in 1st semester, 4 courses in 2nd semester and 2 courses in 2011 summer.

but one elective course I am taking right now (Math 1AA3) seems getting harder and really time-consuming. so I am planning to drop it. Then taking another elective in 2011 summer to fuifill the requirement.

just wondering am i still able to go into 3rd year commerce with 21units and make up for the other 9 along the way or in summer school?

Question is kinda long, really appreciate any help and advice!
Thanks in advance.
Old 02-06-2011 at 11:55 AM   #2
healthsci1
Elite Member

Liked: 113 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by smshlyxlhl View Post
The acadamic requirement for 2nd year commerce is 27 credits worth of mandatory courses and one 3 credits elective course.

I didn't take any summer school in 2010 summer(I highly recommend you to take summer school if you are in 2nd year commerce lol). anyways, my orginal plan is to take 4 courses in 1st semester, 4 courses in 2nd semester and 2 courses in 2011 summer.

but one elective course I am taking right now (Math 1AA3) seems getting harder and really time-consuming. so I am planning to drop it. Then taking another elective in 2011 summer to fuifill the requirement.

just wondering am i still able to go into 3rd year commerce with 21units and make up for the other 9 along the way or in summer school?

Question is kinda long, really appreciate any help and advice!
Thanks in advance.
Best bet is too contact lori hill, but i know you wont be able to go into honors commerce.
Old 02-06-2011 at 11:56 AM   #3
lawleypop
I am Prince Vegeta.

Liked: 1,373 Times

Hmm, tough call. To advance to level 3 you need 24 units from level 2 and level 1 FULLY completed (ie: must have all 30 units from level 1).

At the same time, I don't know whether or not solar will assume that you've completed second year fully if you're REGISTERED in the remaining courses during the summer.

Contact Lori Hill, lol.

Mathematically it makes about as much sense as
(pineapple)$$*cucumbe r*.

smshlyxlhl says thanks to lawleypop for this post.