MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
MSU underground tunnel? ThagsanaR First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 9 09-17-2010 10:25 PM
Carpal Tunnel and Ergonomics goodnews.inc Body & Food 18 08-31-2010 12:32 AM
sue mac for carpel tunnel therapy - a different MUGSI issue soltintal Academics 2 08-11-2010 06:13 PM
New Thode Layout? britb General Discussion 7 05-20-2010 08:24 PM
More wireless at Thode! KristaG General Discussion 20 11-18-2009 06:21 PM

ABB Thode Tunnel

Old 02-12-2010 at 06:26 AM   #16
ingénieur.xo
Elite Member

Liked: 38 Times

There's a tunnel from Moulton to Wally as well and the CA's use it when they go on coverage at night. (They did 2 years ago anyways, not sure if they still do now)

Old 02-12-2010 at 07:50 AM   #17
Phil

Liked: 27 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by KayakerDan View Post
That tunnel is accessible from the basement of ABB and the main floor of Thode. The door that's in the basement of Thode is almost always locked.

Fun fact: There's also a tunnel between the Psych Building and the Hospital, and it's well hidden.
That ones a personal fav. There is also one from ABB to ET Clark, Refactory to some residence, and many others.

Half the fun of working on campus
Old 02-12-2010 at 08:12 AM   #18
nh999
Elite Member

Liked: 15 Times

Wow. That's so cool! I only ever knew about the tunnel between some North Quad residences and Commons =(. Tunnels are awesome.
Old 02-12-2010 at 08:31 AM   #19
arathbon
Elite Member

Liked: 307 Times

I really wish that these tunnels were easier to find. Particularly the psych building to hospital one. Oh and I also wish for a tunnel between Mills and MDCL. Then the furthest I'd have to go outside is from the Psych building to ITB or from University Hall to BSB, neither of which are that far.
Old 02-12-2010 at 10:08 AM   #20
lmasud

Liked: 33 Times

Is there a map of these tunnels somewhere
Old 02-12-2010 at 12:03 PM   #21
brendanp

Liked: 26 Times

some of them are locked though.
Old 02-12-2010 at 12:27 PM   #22
Iamanonymous

Liked: 20 Times

Can someone tell me where the entrance to the tunnel for the Psych Building to the Hospital and vice versa.

Also, can someone share what tunnels are always open?

Thanks!! Power to the Mac Tunnels!!
Old 02-12-2010 at 12:49 PM   #23
OldCrowChuck

Liked: 3 Times

Buckethead Rules

adam7takeo, Taunton like this.
Old 02-12-2010 at 01:20 PM   #24
Nicole

Liked: 2 Times

The ones that I know for sure are locked is the one between Moulton and Wally. The CAs have a key and can use the tunnel though. The one between Bridges, Matthews, and Wally is locked as well and I think that it is unsafe to use.
Old 02-12-2010 at 03:53 PM   #25
KayakerDan

Liked: 86 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil View Post
That ones a personal fav. There is also one from ABB to ET Clark, Refactory to some residence, and many others.

Half the fun of working on campus
I had no idea there was a tunnel from ABB to ET Clark. Where do you access it from ABB?
Old 02-12-2010 at 04:01 PM   #26
Phil

Liked: 27 Times

Its the door in the basement of ABB, at the opposite end of the Thode door in that tunnel. Leads you to the boiler room so it requires a CB key
Old 02-12-2010 at 09:14 PM   #27
elvindsouza

Liked: 8 Times

The best tunnels are in Carleton University. Almost the whole campus is connected by tunnels. So in class you may see people wearing shorts and sandals. I wish Mac had tunnels, the wind chill sometimes is unbearable.

Old 02-13-2010 at 07:47 PM   #28
~*Sara*~
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 624 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by ingénieur.xo View Post
There's a tunnel from Moulton to Wally as well and the CA's use it when they go on coverage at night. (They did 2 years ago anyways, not sure if they still do now)
Yep, they still do. I see them going through it all the time on coverage from the basement common room . It's not even locked, but that's during coverage, not sure about during the rest of the day.
Old 02-13-2010 at 11:33 PM   #29
Ownaginatios
Trolling ain't easy

Liked: 1,656 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by ytpos View Post
Need a tunnel from ITB to the student center, please.
lol, that would be nice. If they were to build a tunnel that long though, they might as well stop at every other building along the way :p.

I hate walking through the McMaster campus... it seems to be in a perpetual state of being flooded. Like srsly... who the hell thought the best place to terminate the drainage pipes of BSB was right onto the front lawn?

Afzal, AmyLia, camais, salimak like this.
Old 02-13-2010 at 11:52 PM   #30
arathbon
Elite Member

Liked: 307 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ownaginatios View Post
lol, that would be nice. If they were to build a tunnel that long though, they might as well stop at every other building along the way :p.

I hate walking through the McMaster campus... it seems to be in a perpetual state of being flooded. Like srsly... who the hell thought the best place to terminate the drainage pipes of BSB was right onto the front lawn?
Well they only need to link ITB and the Psych Building, open up the Psych building to hospital tunnel and build an MDCL to Mills tunnel. Problem solved.