MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Accelerated Nursing: What to expect lifesci09 Academics 2 04-18-2013 06:05 PM
Accelerated Nursing Help! remo12 Academics 6 08-26-2012 10:56 PM
Accelerated Nursing 2014 Mz.Morra13 Academics 2 04-16-2012 01:18 PM
Accelerated Nursing Program Apples555 First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 6 04-12-2012 04:56 PM
Accelerated Nursing urbski Academics 7 09-09-2011 01:20 PM

Accelerated Nursing - Acceptance for Fall 2013

Old 05-29-2013 at 12:36 PM   #1
sweetrachel

Liked: 6 Times

Accelerated Nursing - Acceptance for Fall 2013
Hey there,

I've been accepted to Mac's accelerated nursing program for Fall 2013 entry, but have not heard anything from the school/faculty since my acceptance email in early April. I'm already a McMaster student (graduating in June with an Hon. BSc), so I know how registration etc... works, but I'm unclear on a couple things:

1. The SOLAR entry schedule says 3rd level nursing students register for classes June 5th. Do I register then?

2. Mac has academic counseling for accelerated nursing students on July 3rd. Am I supposed to do anything before then? Like immunizations/police background check etc... ?

These aren't urgent questions, and I've already tried to call my assigned academic advisor (she's unavailable all of May due to applications), so I'm asking here in case anyone can provide some insight.

Thanks!
Old 06-05-2013 at 09:53 AM   #2
monicanabil

Liked: 0 Times

Hey! I've also been accepted to BScN for the fall And I also already go to mac. Nice to meet a fellow....acceptee? haha.

I guess you've probably figured out registration by now. Vicki Benedetti had told me to register on the 5th but I was let into SOLAR on the 3rd so I just went for it.

I think the immunizations/back check/cpr are all just to be done before september. Apparently that counselling day is to help people who haven't registered for courses yet (although there isnt much choice in our courses) and to get our hospital photo ID's. She also said there would be other accelerated nursing students there for us to meet and answer questions. We should be getting an email soon with more information on next steps (according to Vicki). I'm still not sure which immunizations we need!

Hope that helped..I've also been finding it difficult to get information. You looking forward to september?
Old 06-11-2013 at 12:26 PM   #3
muns2

Liked: 0 Times

Hello hello, please join the facebook group for the McMaster Accelerated Nursing Class of 2015! You could probably find the answers to some of your questions there

https://www.facebook.com/groups/557362924294978/