MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Can i still switch courses after due date? lalalola2011 First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 13 01-22-2013 08:05 PM
How can i change courses xiaoliu First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 4 01-05-2012 06:15 PM
up until what date can we change courses? 3am Coffee General Discussion 1 08-10-2011 09:57 AM
Can we still change courses after Aug 1? justlily First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 40 08-02-2011 04:39 PM
cannot change courses? minikit99 First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 12 08-13-2009 11:41 PM

Accidentally Missed the Date to Change Courses

Old 01-14-2015 at 02:11 AM   #1
quijant

Liked: 0 Times

Accidentally Missed the Date to Change Courses
Hey,
I had thought today the Wednesday to be the day to change courses but it was Tuesday would it still be worth it to go to the Academic Advisor and ask?
Old 01-14-2015 at 07:23 AM   #2
2Dream

Liked: 24 Times

To be honest, it was your responsibility to know when the add/drop date was. Welcome to your first life lesson in university lol. What would be the point of having a final day to changes courses if students were allowed to disregard it and make changes after the defined date?
Old 01-14-2015 at 09:26 AM   #3
starfish
Elite Member

Liked: 572 Times

Why wouldn't you ask? They might say no, but that's really the worst that can happen. Occasionally they will make exceptions, and it can't hurt to try. Don't get your hopes up or anything, but what do you have to lose by trying?

lizziepizzie likes this.
Old 01-14-2015 at 09:53 AM   #4
Aprill

Liked: 0 Times

YES!
Today is the "day of grace." Call an academic adviser from your faculty, they will tell you if the switch is possible and ensure there are seats left in the course you wish to switch into. You will have to go in to their office to sign some papers today.
They set dead lines but they are understanding.
Get on the phone or in your faculty's office!
Old 01-14-2015 at 10:20 AM   #5
adaptation
Elite Member

Liked: 305 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aprill View Post
YES!
Today is the "day of grace." Call an academic adviser from your faculty, they will tell you if the switch is possible and ensure there are seats left in the course you wish to switch into. You will have to go in to their office to sign some papers today.
whaaaat, thats an option? i cancelled a course in my second year one day after the deadline and just assumed i was SOL
Old 01-14-2015 at 04:58 PM   #6
~*Sara*~
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 622 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aprill View Post
YES!
Good to know! Thanks for sharing that useful bit of info!
Old 01-15-2015 at 03:00 PM   #7
pinkprincess

Liked: 3 Times

There's definitely more than 1 day of flexibility. I just added a course today. Last year I was also added into a course about 3 days after the deadline. These courses were also not ones I really needed, so it wasn't an exception. Their main concern is just if you're able to catch up with the material.
The academic advisors make the changes, you approve with a signature, and they forward the papers onto the registrar.
Old 01-16-2015 at 07:41 AM   #8
2Dream

Liked: 24 Times

Just saying, you should learn to be more on top of deadlines, as the excuse of "I forgot" or "i accidentally missed it" wont cut it in the real world. Thats how people get fired from their jobs haha. Just try checking well in advance next time