MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
How to connect outlook account to mcmaster account? daftypatty First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 2 07-27-2013 10:18 PM
McMaster Email Account BonnieH First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 2 10-25-2011 09:42 PM
how to delete msgs in mcmaster email account 737300173 First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 2 10-21-2011 11:39 PM
Trouble signing into mcmaster email account? marcie Computers & Tech 2 05-30-2011 12:49 PM
McMaster Email account problem Jdyks General Discussion 10 08-28-2009 09:03 PM

How to Add McMaster Email Account to Gmail Account

Old 02-10-2014 at 05:35 PM   #1
resh.jyoti

Liked: 29 Times

How to Add McMaster Email Account to Gmail Account
Hi guys,

I have tried all the ways possible, but since re-activating my MacID when Avenue went down a couple weeks ago, I've been having weird problems with my Mac Email account. I recently got in trouble with a prof about this, so I'd like to fix it asap.

NOTE: I didn't have forwarding, POP, IMAP, an added account or ANYTHING set up before, and the emails would automatically go to my gmail account. It sounds impossible, but I only had a "send from" account set up as an alias in my gmail so that i could send emails from my mac account while logged into my gmail.

NOW: Nothing is forwarded to my gmail. I've actually set UP forwarding, and tested it and it doesn't work. I have deleted all the forwarding settings and reset to default, and re-added it and it still is not working. So I'm trying to add the account to my gmail.

What I want to do is add my MAC account to my Gmail account, but it asks for Username, Pwd, POP server and Port #. POP server defaults to muss.cis.mcmcmaster.c a, and that gives me an error that says "Account Has Been Moved". Which it has. To Google Apps. If I use pop.gmail.com (which Gmail instructs), it says my username doesn't exist. Btw, I've tried my macID with and without "@mcmaster.ca" at the end.

I CANT FIND THE PROPER POP SERVER ADDRESS TO USE, so if anyone knows what this is please let me know and this would solve all my email problems hopefully.

Thank you!
Old 02-10-2014 at 10:13 PM   #2
knguyens2

Liked: 1 Time

My mugsi --> profile --> email address management. You can add whatever email you use and it should be forwarded to it. However, I had many issues with this when Mac started using gmail. I eventually had to remove my gmail own gmail from my mac email.
Old 02-17-2014 at 11:14 PM   #3
jhehe

Liked: 0 Times

POP and IMAP are mail retrieval methods. You have to make sure that both your outgoing and incoming server addresses are correctly configured as they can be different.