MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Windows Live Messenger Beta jhan523 Computers & Tech 22 08-25-2010 02:23 PM
Windows Live not working! Keenu Computers & Tech 4 03-23-2010 12:11 AM
How to Integrate Your Mac Email into Gmail/Live/Yahoo Afzal Technology 11 09-21-2009 07:25 PM
Completely integrate your Mac Email into Gmail/Live/Yahoo Afzal General Discussion 14 08-30-2009 11:40 AM

How to add Mcmaster email in Windows Live Mail?

Old 06-29-2012 at 01:47 AM   #1
Vessi
Tiny

Liked: 44 Times

How to add Mcmaster email in Windows Live Mail?
Anyone know how to do this?

I've tried following the instructions in this link but when it's synchronizing my folders it tells me "The server has rejected your login. Please verify that your user name and password are correct".

Thanks!
Old 06-29-2012 at 01:53 AM   #2
jhan523
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 604 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vessi View Post
Anyone know how to do this?

I've tried following the instructions in this link but when it's synchronizing my folders it tells me "The server has rejected your login. Please verify that your user name and password are correct".

Thanks!
McMaster Undergrad don't use the MUSS system anymore, everything was moved over to the GMail system. Don't really know all the details for the new system since I don't use it anymore...
Old 06-29-2012 at 01:54 AM   #3
Vessi
Tiny

Ahhhhhh damn, that's what I thought was the problem. Do you know where I might be able to find the new server info?
Old 06-29-2012 at 01:58 AM   #4
jhan523
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 604 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vessi View Post
Ahhhhhh damn, that's what I thought was the problem. Do you know where I might be able to find the new server info?
You probably have to enable IMAP though. It's in the settings of your McMaster email account. When I look at mine it's set to disabled.

I'm fairly certain that they enabled IMAP and POP features over the summer. It wasn't enabled on GMail's side when they first started up the system but I believe they enabled it a couple months afterwards.

Then there's this: http://support.google.com/mail/bin/a...6&auth user=1
Old 06-29-2012 at 02:04 AM   #5
Vessi
Tiny

Just tried it, it told me the same thing. :/
Old 06-29-2012 at 10:06 AM   #6
~*Sara*~
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 622 Times

Are you trying to set up the ability to send from your Mcmaster email via Windows Live, or just to be able to receive emails directly to your Live inbox? I set up the sending option, but I had a few problems with forwarding emails too.
Old 06-29-2012 at 04:24 PM   #7
Vessi
Tiny

I'm trying to do both so that I have the same functions with my mcmaster email as I do with my hotmail, gmail, etc emails in Windows Live Mail.

How did you set it up?
Old 06-29-2012 at 06:17 PM   #8
TheBrickWall
Elite Member

Liked: 46 Times

Incoming server: mcmasterimap.mcmaster .ca

Outgoing server: mcmastersmtp.mcmaster .ca

Please turn on SSL encryption for both incoming and outgoing servers and use the following port numbers

Incoming port 993

Outgoing port 465

Make sure that you have the outgoing server to require authentication using the same credentials as the incoming server.

canadianvpk, nessareanna, Vessi all say thanks to TheBrickWall for this post.
Old 06-29-2012 at 06:24 PM   #9
Vessi
Tiny

Ahhh! You are amazing. Thank you!
Old 06-30-2012 at 07:03 AM   #10
canadianvpk

Liked: 1 Time

You are awesome. It worked. :-)