MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
admission question blackdragon Academics 11 04-13-2011 02:01 AM
Question about Admission! JonZ First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 5 01-31-2011 07:39 PM
Admission Question 10pauljuli First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 4 04-09-2010 10:45 PM
Graduate school admission question (easy question) Mac12 Academics 3 09-30-2008 06:27 PM

admission question...help :)

Old 07-22-2011 at 07:55 PM   #1
osmana3

Liked: Liked 3 Times

admission question...help :)
im an international student ive been admitted to mac and everythn but i had some conditions,
Mcmaster sent me an email to register for my courses and i did so and while i was on the MUGSI site it said ''conditions for coming study session: none'' so i registered my courses for engineering and i also got my room in the dorms and got my roommate too. i also finished the ''payment agreement'' ...does it mean im finally in for sure? or is there a chance they can still revoke my acceptance?

thank youu
Old 07-22-2011 at 08:08 PM   #2
particle
Elite Member

Liked: 30 Times

If you can register for courses, then you're probably all good from here. Just have to make your payments on time. Congrats!

osmana3 says thanks to particle for this post.

IqzFendi likes this.
Old 07-22-2011 at 08:15 PM   #3
L'Étoile
Tooth Fairy

Liked: 543 Times

Open your solar and then click the button as shown below, then make sure that the field "fully registered" says yes and after you pay or accept your payment agreement it should say "Fee Status : Cleered"

Just out of curiosity where are you coming from?

McMaster University, Honours B.Sc. in Biology '13, Minor in Psychology

University of British Columbia, DMD '17, Doctor of Dental Medicine

osmana3 says thanks to L'Étoile for this post.

IqzFendi likes this.
Old 07-22-2011 at 09:38 PM   #4
~*Sara*~
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 624 Times

As Noor mentioned, once it says
"Fee Status: Cleared" you're fine. However, you should be receiving a letter of confirmation/registration with your student card, HSR bus sticker and a paper confirming your registration with all your courses. However, I'm not sure if you'll be receiving that or picking it up yourself since you're an international student :S.

osmana3 says thanks to ~*Sara*~ for this post.
Old 07-22-2011 at 09:45 PM   #5
anonanon987
Power Abuser

Liked: 461 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~*Sara*~ View Post
As Noor mentioned, once it says
"Fee Status: Cleared" you're fine. However, you should be receiving a letter of confirmation/registration with your student card, HSR bus sticker and a paper confirming your registration with all your courses. However, I'm not sure if you'll be receiving that or picking it up yourself since you're an international student :S.
International students pick it up (read it somewhere on these forums from a staff member). As upper students have said that you're pretty much ready to go, so I'd just like to say: Welcome to McMaster!

osmana3 says thanks to anonanon987 for this post.
Old 07-23-2011 at 06:50 AM   #6
osmana3

Quote:
Originally Posted by L'Étoile View Post
Open your solar and then click the button as shown below, then make sure that the field "fully registered" says yes and after you pay or accept your payment agreement it should say "Fee Status : Cleered"

from egypt

L'Étoile, mfattal, ~*Sara*~ like this.
Old 07-23-2011 at 06:59 AM   #7
osmana3

Quote:
Originally Posted by L'Étoile View Post

i openned the current programme

Eligible to complete registration: yes
fee status: cleared
Fully registered: yes

soo im finee and thats it ready to be at mac right? and a final questionn...do i still have to send my final high school diploma, aps and so on or its fine?

thankkkss
Old 07-23-2011 at 07:04 AM   #8
particle
Elite Member

Liked: 30 Times

Don't think you have to send anything, Mac should already know you graduated high school at this point. But because you are applying as an international student, not sure how they would find out though (If you apply in Ontario, our schools update our status of our diploma to something like 'completed'). I'd call an academic advisor to find out.

osmana3 says thanks to particle for this post.
Old 07-23-2011 at 12:02 PM   #9
~*Sara*~
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 624 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by osmana3 View Post
i openned the current programme

Eligible to complete registration: yes
fee status: cleared
Fully registered: yes

soo im finee and thats it ready to be at mac right? and a final questionn...do i still have to send my final high school diploma, aps and so on or its fine?

thankkkss
Yep, you're set! I would call the Registrar's Office (Admissions) to ask. I tried finding an email but I can't seem to find one for admissions :(. Maybe there's an email somewhere in your offer or something? They need to see that it's completed, but I'm not sure what's done with international students. Tel: 905.525.4600.

PS- Awesome and glad you chose Mac! According to a friend in Engineering, there's quite a few Egyptians in engineering!

osmana3 says thanks to ~*Sara*~ for this post.