UNIVERSITY APPLICATION PROCESS
The May 28th deadline is fast approaching. All of the universities have given us an update of where they are in the admissions process, so here it is:
Final offers were sent out last week and this week. Please remember that the residence deadline for Queen's is June 4th. This is a strict deadline. Any residence applications received after June 4 will not be processed.
University of Ontario Institute of Technology
Final offers were sent out as of May 14th. Any openings at UOIT will be posted on OUAC's Admission Information Service starting June 3, 2008.
Final offers were posted May 14th. The deadline for residence applications is May 28th at 4:30PM. This is a strict deadline.
The third and final round of offers have been sent as of last week. There are still a very small amount of offers yet to go. Residence deadline for York is June 1.
Wilfrid Laurier University
All decisions were posted as of May 16th. All alternate offers have also been considered. Final Fall 2008 cut-off marks are available at http://www.wlu.ca/page.php?grp_id=2256& p=9590
Residence deadline is 4:30PM on May 28th.
The majority of offers have been sent. If students have not received any notification as of May 26th then they were unsuccessful. All offers for Health Sciences have gone out and you should have heard from them by now.
90% of all offers were posted by the end of last week. The remaining 10% were to go out this week. Please note that some programs are still accepting applications. Visit here http://www.ryerson.ca/undergraduate/...ramstatus.html
to see what programs you can still apply for.
University of Ottawa
The last round of offers have gone out. All information regarding co-op and scholarships has also been sent.
University of Toronto
The final round of offers to UofT were sent May 21st. All alternate offers have also been considered.
Ontario College of Art and Design
All OCAD offers were sent out by the end of March. All applicants should have heard either way by now.
90% of offers had been sent as of May 16th. The remaining offers were to go in the next week or so. Deadline for residence is June 2nd.
All offers, including alternate offers, have been sent. The deadline for residence is May 28th
Most of the offers have been sent, but Carleton will continue to send offers until all programs are full.
All qualified applicants were admitted for the fall of 2008. Lakehead are still accepting applications to most of their programs. 90% of offers had been sent as of May 16th, but remember the first sentence; if you met the admission criteria, you will be given an offer.
University of Western Ontario
All offers were to have been sent out by May 21st. The residence deposit is due May 28th.
All final offers have been sent. The residence deadline is May 28th.
University of Waterloo
All offers were sent out by May 14th. Residence forms and deposits are due May 28th.
2. OUAC Admission Information Service.
As you can see from above, most of the fall 2008 offers have been sent. If you have not received an offer, fear not. Starting June 3, the OUAC website will begin posting university programs in Ontario that still have space. You may apply to any of the programs that you qualify for via OUAC simply by changing one of your previous choices. I will remind you again closer to the 3rd of June.
3. OSAP APPLICATIONS
The 2008/2009 OSAP Application is now available. You apply to OSAP online at https://osap.gov.on.ca/eng/eng_osap_main.html
It is important to already know what college/university you are planning to attend in the fall before applying. All OSAP funds flow through the college/university you attend. Apply to OSAP after you have accepted your final college/university offer.