MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Advice?!~ xo.monica First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 24 12-24-2009 11:56 AM
I need some advice. jordko General Discussion 12 10-29-2009 08:05 PM
Go Bus advice Kareko General Discussion 13 09-19-2009 05:56 PM
Any Advice? pink_cupcake Academics 8 06-28-2009 10:41 PM
some advice please... EngLufLuf General Discussion 16 06-22-2009 10:29 PM

Advice

Old 05-22-2010 at 04:18 PM   #16
arathbon
Elite Member

Liked: 307 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhan523 View Post
Have you ever learnt how to speed read? The trick is to get rid of the voice inside your head that is reading along with you. When I'm reading the book, I can also hear what he is saying at the same time. Kind of like multi tasking. Once I'm done reading the parts he's explaining, I look up to see what's on the board and most of the time what he wrote down makes sense or is in the book.

Also I should probably add that now that there is a midterm coming up, I'm doing problems/practice tests so that's more time towards the course.
Speed Reading is fascinating. Although i've always read faster than most of my peers, I've tried a number of "Speed Reading" techniques and never gotten anywhere with them. I don't know, it's hard for me to read, and follow what he's saying.

Meh, the point of all this was: Adding 50% to a full workload is nuts.
Old 05-22-2010 at 04:22 PM   #17
nh999
Elite Member

Liked: 15 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by goodnews.inc View Post
I thought Phys 1B03 would be absolutely brutal (and it still may) but I'm finding that I'm walking to the bus stop, feeling tired with that God awful brick of a text in my backpack and I actually analysed why I was so tired by thinking about the normal force and the force of friction.

I've also begun to think about people as boxes and then particles.
So...I'm definitely getting my money's worth.
Don't worry; you're just a true science nerd .