MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Advice?!~ xo.monica First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 24 12-24-2009 11:56 AM
I need some advice. jordko General Discussion 12 10-29-2009 08:05 PM
Go Bus advice Kareko General Discussion 13 09-19-2009 05:56 PM
Any Advice? pink_cupcake Academics 8 06-28-2009 10:41 PM
some advice please... EngLufLuf General Discussion 16 06-22-2009 10:29 PM

Advice fm gamers please

Old 12-16-2009 at 10:58 AM   #31
sew12
Elite Member

Liked: 470 Times

Selective reading fail.
Old 12-16-2009 at 11:39 AM   #32
Alchemist11
Elite Member

Liked: 553 Times

Uhmm...I had read the entire thread.

And that whole argument against not allowing someone to play mature games is bull****. I've been playing mature games since I was three years old (Mortal Kombat on the Sega Genesis). I'm not ****ed up. I'm not going to kill someone. Who cares if I play mature games?

I read the damn thread, but it doesn't mean I have to agree with everything said in it.

I had given the TC the benefit of the doubt by acting as though playing T games was because she had a Wii and DS, (ignoring the PS3 for now) and most games on those systems are infact for T or a lower age group.

But fine, if you're going to so adamantly deny your children a large selection of games, then why buy the X360 for them at all? It's a waste of money as it is when you already have a bunch of consoles, but if you're not going to get arguably the best games for the system because they're 16 and not 17, then don't bother.
Old 12-16-2009 at 12:55 PM   #33
Taunton
Elite Member

Liked: 598 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alchemist11 View Post
And that whole argument against not allowing someone to play mature games is bull****. I've been playing mature games since I was three years old (Mortal Kombat on the Sega Genesis). I'm not ****ed up. I'm not going to kill someone. Who cares if I play mature games?

I read the damn thread, but it doesn't mean I have to agree with everything said in it.
I don't agree with it either, but it's not our place to raise anyone else's children, or tell them how to be raised. They've decided to only allow games with up to a T rating, and you should respect that.
Old 12-16-2009 at 01:10 PM   #34
Alchemist11
Elite Member

Liked: 553 Times

Yeah, if he/she doesn't take my advice that's totally fine.

I'm simply saying that in general, there are only a certain number of things a parent can make their children do/not do, and (personally) I wouldn't use one of them on not playing mature games, but that doesn't mean anyone else has to do the same.

Getting back to the thread, and knowing the fact that if I were to buy an X360, but weren't able to buy any mature games, I wouldn't have many games to buy besides maybe 1 or 2: I wouldn't buy an X360. That's also because I have a PS3 and Wii, just like the TC's kids.

I guess I said it a bit harshly, but my point still stands: without any mature games (whether or not that changes for the TC is now irrelevant) the X360 simply isn't a very good purchase, in my opinion.

Hope you understand, TC!

EDIT: And just for the record, the TC seems like a great parent in either case...I'm just offering advice as a teenager who plays games, not as a parent (lack of experience in that field, naturally).