MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Order of Course Selection deone Academics 4 07-13-2010 11:20 PM
Res Choices nick Residence & Housing 15 05-13-2010 11:34 AM
5 courses in first semester and 3 in the second. Is that alright? aviaf Academics 10 06-26-2009 12:34 AM
Pizza the way you order it! kokosas Recipes 0 02-17-2009 03:01 PM
order of business maturegoose Academics 5 08-27-2008 09:25 AM

ALRIGHT so i put the program choices in the wrong order that i want

Old 04-07-2011 at 09:43 AM   #1
luxhydrus

Liked: 0 Times

ALRIGHT so i put the program choices in the wrong order that i want
So let's say i put Math as 1st choice and economics as 2nd choice, do i get to choose if i get accepted in both, or does it automaticly select math.

THANKS, PLEASE ANSWER ASAP : D
Old 04-07-2011 at 09:44 AM   #2
Stock

Liked: 56 Times

OMGGGGGGGG

it selects it automatically!!!!!!!! !!

aghh
Old 04-07-2011 at 09:44 AM   #3
RyanC
Elite Member

Liked: 2,312 Times

What program are you in?

My immediate response is to say order doesn't matter.

edit: unless you're a prospective student
Old 04-07-2011 at 09:47 AM   #4
jamescw1234
The Awkward One

Liked: 467 Times

I'm pretty sure Engineering is the only exception to the rule, but you will receive acceptance to multiple programs you choose, you do not get automatically placed into your 1st choice, 2nd choice, etc. On your grade report it will display a list of programs you are eligible to register for next year. Then you can pick from the list of programs you have been accepted into.

James CW
McMaster University-Bachelor's of Social Work and Bachelor's of Arts in Sociology (2012)
York University-Masters of Social Work (2014-2015)

luxhydrus says thanks to jamescw1234 for this post.

alh24 likes this.
Old 04-07-2011 at 09:48 AM   #5
luxhydrus

Quote:
Originally Posted by RyanC View Post
What program are you in?

My immediate response is to say order doesn't matter.

edit: unless you're a prospective student
I'm in math, but i wanted to switch to econ. is there someone i can talk into switching it for me?
Old 04-07-2011 at 09:50 AM   #6
luxhydrus

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamescw1234 View Post
I'm pretty sure Engineering is the only exception to the rule, but you will receive acceptance to multiple programs you choose, you do not get automatically placed into your 1st choice, 2nd choice, etc. On your grade report it will display a list of programs you are eligible to register for next year. Then you can pick from the list of programs you have been accepted into.

James are you serious, so i get to choose out of the programs i have picked !? (its not automatic?)
Old 04-07-2011 at 09:51 AM   #7
luxhydrus

James are you serious, so i get to choose out of the programs i have picked !? (its not automatic?)
Old 04-07-2011 at 09:52 AM   #8
RyanC
Elite Member

Liked: 2,312 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by luxhydrus View Post
I'm in math, but i wanted to switch to econ. is there someone i can talk into switching it for me?
Well start out by going to your faculty advisor for math (whoever or wherever that is) and see if you meet the requirements. Then go to the faculty you want to switch into. I'm not sure what you're talking about 'ordering choices' if you're changing faculties, either way, advisors!

I still don't understand, did you actually take 2 semesters of math this year and now you want to go to econ? Why would you even put math on your choices if you want to switch to econ?

edit: or are you talking about switching around your choices, meaning if you don't get into econ for your switch, you'll stay in math?

luxhydrus says thanks to RyanC for this post.
Old 04-07-2011 at 09:53 AM   #9
~*Sara*~
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 622 Times

Quote:
Yep, that's how it works for everyone, except engineering apparently.

luxhydrus says thanks to ~*Sara*~ for this post.
Old 04-07-2011 at 10:16 AM   #10
jamescw1234
The Awkward One

Liked: 467 Times

Quote:
I sure am, when I applied to second year programs (and then the second time when I switched into social work). A list of programs I could register for came up. Then on SOLAR when you go to course registration you can click the one that you want to go into. So don't worry about the order

James CW
McMaster University-Bachelor's of Social Work and Bachelor's of Arts in Sociology (2012)
York University-Masters of Social Work (2014-2015)

luxhydrus says thanks to jamescw1234 for this post.
Old 04-07-2011 at 10:25 AM   #11
Rob Mac

Liked: 14 Times

I thought it did matter, in my second year going into 3rd year I wanted to switch my program and I had to put them in the order I wanted cause whatever I got into first was selected for me
Old 04-07-2011 at 07:42 PM   #12
musicislife

Liked: 10 Times

I was told that it doesn't matter, you get to choose after you get accepted.
Old 04-07-2011 at 10:09 PM   #13
REDnation
Account Locked

Liked: 13 Times

In life we get choices, and this is one of them... that is if you get accepted, just kidding. Don't worry about on your grade report it will state what your eligibel for or not and then once you go on SOLAR you need to pick one before proceeding. Simple as that. Don't pick option C, its not always the right choice.