MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Anonymous jim1 Politics 5 05-08-2013 09:59 AM
Nuclear Threats from North Korea alee90 General Discussion 1 03-08-2013 01:54 AM
Teaching ESL in Korea oakster15 General Discussion 3 05-04-2012 03:54 PM
North Korea’s Kim Jong Il has Died cjdzl General Discussion 34 12-19-2011 10:25 PM
Voices for North Korea - TONIGHT: LiNK Movie Screening! voices.for.n MacInsiders Announcements 2 11-30-2011 11:48 AM

Anonymous vs. North Korea

Old 06-25-2013 at 03:14 PM   #1
BusterCherry
Account Locked

Liked: 23 Times

Anonymous vs. North Korea
For those unaware, the online hacktivist group Anonymous has been targetting North Korea for several weeks. Today on the 63rd anniversary they have promised to release military documents they stole from North Korea via. WikiLeaks by the end of the day. The significance of this day is that it marks the 63rd anniversary of the Korean War.
This morning, Anonymous made quite the witty hacking effort, when they recreated the events of the Korean War by hacking both the North and South in the same order that they did during the Korean War.
Just thought I would post this to generate discussion whether it be on the events of today, or on Anonymous in general. And i always think its funny when we can watch North Korea get completely embarrassed on a day that they play up to be such a proud day for their nation

Take em down Anonymous!
Old 06-25-2013 at 04:14 PM   #2
MrPlinkett
Account Locked

Liked: 201 Times

Hmmm, that makes sense.

American government spying on entire planet, violating all possible agreements, rights and whatnot? Oh well, lets attack North Korea for some reason, guess high officials who have Internet won't be able to watch youtube anymore. That will show them!

Oh, and let's attack South Korea as well, I mean why not? It's only the first country that will be standing in NK way, if anything happens. Sure.

Quote:
This morning, Anonymous made quite the witty hacking effort
Don't be silly, Palpatine's behind it all!
Old 06-29-2013 at 11:50 AM   #3
Afzal
Android Dev

Liked: 416 Times

Quote:
when they recreated the events of the Korean War by hacking both the North and South in the same order that they did during the Korean War
Umm, you do know that people didn't have internet when the Korean War happened, right? So they couldn't have possibly hacked anyone during that time.
Old 06-29-2013 at 12:01 PM   #4
airvcarmelo

Liked: 42 Times

The anonymous is not part of the U.S government and they also didn't attack South Korea
Old 06-29-2013 at 03:10 PM   #5
hilton

Liked: 42 Times

Quote:
online hacktivist group Anonymous
this is so blatantly wrong it's not even funny.
Old 06-29-2013 at 06:09 PM   #6
adaptation
Elite Member

Liked: 305 Times

so much 'wat' in this thread
Old 07-08-2013 at 11:09 AM   #7
BusterCherry
Account Locked

Liked: 23 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Afzal View Post
Umm, you do know that people didn't have internet when the Korean War happened, right? So they couldn't have possibly hacked anyone during that time.
Omg really they didnt have wifi back then? Gee wiz thanks for pointing that out. Now take the crayon out of your nose and realize that i meant that it was believed that the websites were being hacked between the two countries in the order that the attacks of the korean war took place.
Let me break it down to simpler terms for you, that means that if north korea attacked south korea first in the Korean war, the hackers attacked south korean sites first.
Upon further reading it was found out that Anonymous had nothing to do with the attacks on the south korean websites that were hacked.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hilton View Post
this is so blatantly wrong it's not even funny.
My apologies Hilton, i am not claiming to be an expert when it comes to computers, hacking or Anonymous in general. I know that anonymous is not technically a "group" as they do not have any set internal infrastructure, so please excuse my improper terminology. I just find what they do to be extremely interesting to read about.

anonanon987 likes this.