MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Anime North 2012 Entropy General Discussion 16 06-01-2012 08:51 AM
Hi! I'm a first year and I love anime! AnimeGamer31 Introduce Yourself 9 09-16-2011 09:54 AM
What Anime Next? mattatmac Anime & Comic Books 25 12-23-2010 10:08 PM
Calling All Nerds... lorend MacInsiders Announcements 9 03-30-2009 06:08 PM
Where's the Anime/Manga club? RoyK Anime & Comic Books 5 09-28-2008 11:42 PM

Any Anime nerds at Mac?

Old 02-08-2014 at 12:54 AM   #76
rorowawo

Liked: 1 Time

Since most people posted their favourite anime, I guess I'll post mine as well

Favourites:
-Clannad: After Story
-Monster
-Puella Magi Madoka Magica
-Fullmetal Alchemist (the original series)
-Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann
-Steins;Gate

Then, other awesome anime that aren't necessarily favourites:

-Honey and Clover
-Welcome to the NHK!
-Toradora! (except the garbage that is the last 3 or 4 episodes)
-Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex\
-Anohana
-Higurashi no naku koro
-Code Geass
-Air
-Cowboy Bebop
-FMA: Brotherhood
-Attack On Titan (so far)

And there are probably tons I'm forgetting

Also, Eureka Seven is a pretty good show as well(to the person posting above me)

Last edited by rorowawo : 02-08-2014 at 01:05 AM.
Old 02-08-2014 at 01:32 PM   #77
WillyH

Liked: 9 Times

Anyone want to watch sum chinese cartoons together?
Old 02-08-2014 at 03:16 PM   #78
Darknight23

Liked: 0 Times

Code Geass!!
Old 03-17-2014 at 03:03 AM   #79
MuFasaChua

Personal Favs

Anime:
- Kanon
- Clanned / Clanned: After Story
- Itazura na Kiss
- Kaicho wa Maid-Sama

Manga:
- Dr Frost
- Hachimitsu ni Hatsukoi
- LDK
Old 09-05-2014 at 10:15 PM   #80
kaoruyumi

anyone into sports anime? specifically diaace or hq!! but more importantly, diaace
Old 11-22-2014 at 11:46 PM   #81
alexpineda

what constitutes an anime nerd? I grew up on a few including Akira, Macross Plus, Pokemon series and Princess Mononoke.
Old 12-31-2014 at 12:30 AM   #82
Woodplank
Account Disabled by User

Liked: 1 Time

Anime I've watched since the start of fall term:

Shinsekai Yori
Cowboy Bebop
Samurai Champloo
Neon Genesis Evangelion
Trigun
Psycho-pass 1 and 2
Full Metal Alchemist Brotherhood
Full Metal Alchemist
Steins; Gate
Baccano! (half)

Also watched:

Death Note
Attack on Titan
Monster
Magic Kaito
Detective Conan (430ish episodes)
A bunch of anime that were on Bionix and Toonami
Dragon Ball and Dragon Ball Z
Digimon seasons 1 to 4
Rurouni Kenshin
Rurouni Kenshin: Trust and Betrayal
Yu Yu Hakusho

Last edited by Woodplank : 12-31-2014 at 10:15 AM.
Old 01-01-2015 at 03:25 AM   #83
Loko

Liked: 5 Times

Yeah used to watch a bunch as a kid. My faves would have to be Naruto, Inuyasha, Death Note, Gundam Seed, Gundam Seed Destiny, PoKemon, Card Captor Sakura, Dragon Ball , Dragon ball z, Gundam Wing, Bleach, DN angel and Avatar. The animes I watched fully multiple times would be the Gundam Seed series and Death Note really recommend them to anyone. The gundam seed series has some pretty freaking addicting theme songs. Naruto though probably had the most impact on my life because a lot of my friends were so into it and I remember as a grade 6 kid waiting for episodes to be subbed every week online at naruto kun website. Inuyasha was also one of my favorites I actually thought it was sailor moon first cause of those uniforms its very funny and best character is mirokuu<3. Pokemon and sailor moon would be significant in my early elementary years had so many awesome pokemon cards and used to do moon tiara magic All the time with my cousin around the house. naruto and inuyasha would be in late elementary to high school ;( inuyasha ended and narutos now ended and pokemon is krap now without the original 3 ash misty Brock whyyyy childhood whyyy.

Anyone remember bionix on YTV?? Had some good shows on there. even though I watched most of the ones I really liked on the Internet it was still nice to be able to watch anime on tv. Also i remember a long long time ago YTV used to have this New Years anime thing where they showed like marathon episodes of popular animes at the time. I know the animes I hated though were one piece and zach bell the art style is too uglyyy for my taste freaky eyes O_o I know I was scared of full metal alchemist and didn't like it that much cause of the blood and all that freaky stuff with the mom back to life as a zombie or some freaky shyt lyk that.

My first animes though were probably dragon ball z, gundam wing, pokemon , digimon and sailor moon like watched those when I was really little all pretty great. Even though it no anime arthur is one of the effing most best cartoons ever and I watched that all the time and it's actually a show Im watching again right now when im feeling nostalgic.

Don't know much newer animes though I think the newest anime I watched was death note seriously and that was like what 2007 ? In terms of manga yeah I probably read more numbers of manga mostly on mangafox and those are mostly shoujo(faves are dengeki daisy, fruits basket and vampire knight) i usually watch shounen anime cause they always make the shoujo ones usually like 26 episodes and no where near as good as the manga. Haven't even finish watching like naruto and bleach so into k-dramas now definitley need to finish those when school ends !