MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Article Article Starter Category Comments Last Post
calling people in rez cjdzl Residence & Housing 5 09-24-2010 08:57 PM
Calling Pianists goodnews.inc Music 6 07-17-2010 08:58 AM
Calling on TAs who want a voice tmtoulouse General Discussion 19 11-01-2009 06:03 PM
Calling all writers! Omega_X13 MacInsiders Announcements 44 08-17-2009 03:15 PM
Calling all undergraduates! Chad MacInsiders Announcements 0 10-02-2006 10:56 PM

Calling All Nerds...

Calling All Nerds...Canadian G.I. Joe Convention

THIS IS NOT A JOKE!

Saturday May 2nd at the Hamilton Convention Center

For information check out this event listing.
Published by
MacInsiders VP

Article Tools

Deleted Post
Old 03-30-2009 at 11:16 AM   #2
Ownaginatios
Trolling ain't easy

Liked: 1,642 Times
I'm more partial to the Transformers.

Old 03-30-2009 at 01:39 PM   #3
RoyK
Zetsubou Sensei

Liked: 71 Times
Screw G.I.Joe
Anime North '09, May 22-24. That's the place to be at for all dem cool nerds

Old 03-30-2009 at 02:32 PM   #4
Ownaginatios
Trolling ain't easy

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoyK View Post
Screw G.I.Joe
Anime North '09, May 22-24. That's the place to be at for all dem cool nerds
Weeaboo.

Old 03-30-2009 at 03:02 PM   #5
RoyK
Zetsubou Sensei

LOL . Not that I'm offended, but I hope you do realize that is a derogatory term and isn't something you should be easily throwing about. You might actually insult some other fans, and then it'd turn into an ugly flame war.

Old 03-30-2009 at 04:12 PM   #6
kokosas
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 23 Times
Do I want to know what Weeaboo refers to?

Old 03-30-2009 at 05:18 PM   #7
Ownaginatios
Trolling ain't easy

Quote:
Originally Posted by kokosas View Post
Yes.

Old 03-30-2009 at 05:35 PM   #8
RoyK
Zetsubou Sensei

Quote:
Originally Posted by kokosas View Post
Via Urban Dictionary:

Quote:
Weeaboo

Someone who is obsessed with Japan/Japanese Culture/Anime, etc. and attempts to act as if they were Japanese, even though they're far from it. They use Japanese words but usually end up pronouncing them wrong and sounding like total _______. You can find alot of these _____ clogging up the forums of Gaia Online, hanging out in the international aisle of the supermarket, or crowding the manga section of your local bookstore. Synonym of wapanese.

I told that weeaboo girl over there that Inuyasha sucks. She slapped me across the face and proceded to cuss me out in Japanese.
Lol, you hear it a lot of sites like 4chan, though that is something of another topic and probably would be banned from this board the minute it popped up. Anyways, fill the blanks with whatever profanity you want, and you've got the general gist of what Weeaboo really means . It's often given to people that are into anime/manga, regardless of the actual implication of what it really means. A lot of people get offended by it, but if only you could see the tons of hilarious arguments that have ensued... There was actually a big debate about a convention in the states that properly protrayed the weeaboo culture in a youtube video, and a lot of fans thought it was offended hence why it's sometimes not the best thing to say ^^;

EDIT:
Actually, I'm gonna throw it in here since it's quite hilarious.

It's also created a new internet meme, "GIRUGAMESH!". Man, I crack up everytime I see that stereotypical video. So funny it makes me laugh so hard

Last edited by RoyK : 03-30-2009 at 05:41 PM.

Old 03-30-2009 at 05:55 PM   #9
Kareko

Liked: 8 Times
That vid is so sad
sakuracon making fun of their crowd doesnt speak very well...the worst part, the one that makes it so ...not funny is that ppl like that do if fact exist and are rather...exhausting to put up with in person.

and weeaboo is not a term to throw at someone unless they are being an obvious ....well idiot I suppose would be an ok term here.

and Yes~ AN~ is definatley better- is biased

on topic. I don't honestly think most nerds I know would care...or they would laugh at the thought of GI Joe one of the two.

Old 03-30-2009 at 06:08 PM   #10
RoyK
Zetsubou Sensei

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kareko View Post
That vid is so sad
sakuracon making fun of their crowd doesnt speak very well...the worst part, the one that makes it so ...not funny is that ppl like that do if fact exist and are rather...exhausting to put up with in person.

and weeaboo is not a term to throw at someone unless they are being an obvious ....well idiot I suppose would be an ok term here.

and Yes~ AN~ is definatley better- is biased

on topic. I don't honestly think most nerds I know would care...or they would laugh at the thought of GI Joe one of the two.
That's true. I'd imagine it'd be pretty boring to go to a convention dedicated to only one topic/headliner. Something like Comiccon for example, is broad range and would be probably interesting just to go to and see all the different facets of the industry.

In all, Cobra Commander would be disappointed

Article Tools Search this Article
Search this Article:

Advanced Search