MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Accepted...But how to get there GCSM First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 7 06-18-2010 09:50 PM
No Programs Accepted resh.jyoti Academics 4 06-01-2010 04:30 PM
WHen do 2nd years learn if they have been accepted into rez? Chase1313 Residence & Housing 3 05-19-2010 11:29 PM
Where to check if I'm accepted to 2nd yr? DumbEngKid Academics 3 04-24-2010 05:00 PM
Accepted my offer! Now what..? kwun First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 5 04-12-2009 03:41 PM

Anyone accepted yet?

Old 02-06-2011 at 06:04 PM   #46
mfattal
Elite Member

Liked: 85 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by PHLN View Post
That depends.

1P03 people tends to do well but it is a major time sink. 1C03 is a hit or miss, some people will find it difficult (like me) while others do well.

Getting rid of two major time sink courses will allows you to focus more on the remaining courses. Which in turns bring up your average anyway.

All personal choice really. If I had the money back then, I would have done LEAP.
I am gona have to think about it
Old 02-08-2011 at 02:20 PM   #47
roclin

Liked: 0 Times

What is "LEAP"?
Old 02-09-2011 at 01:34 PM   #48
PHLN
Oink! Oink! Oink! Oink!

Liked: 506 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by roclin View Post
What is "LEAP"?
http://leap.mcmaster.ca/

Its a way for first year Engineering students to reduce their course load by 6 units in the summer.

To be specific, you want the L.E.A.P Headstart program.

roclin says thanks to PHLN for this post.
Old 02-17-2011 at 02:51 PM   #49
ABCDXYZ

Got Accepted yesterday for Social Science for economics & math!!

This was my backup incase I don't get into Business I so I can transfer into 2nd year commerce
Old 02-17-2011 at 02:58 PM   #50
lizziepizzie
aka Mrs. Henry Cavill

Liked: 423 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by ABCDXYZ View Post
Got Accepted yesterday for Social Science for economics & math!!

This was my backup incase I don't get into Business I so I can transfer into 2nd year commerce
Good for you! If you applied to more than one program at Mac, all the acceptances should come in the same envelope. At least, mine did. I don't know what happens if you get accepted into one and declined in the other, though.

ABCDXYZ says thanks to lizziepizzie for this post.
Old 02-17-2011 at 02:59 PM   #51
alh24
Elite Member

Liked: 243 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by lizziepizzie View Post
Good for you! If you applied to more than one program at Mac, all the acceptances should come in the same envelope. At least, mine did. I don't know what happens if you get accepted into one and declined in the other, though.
Two of mine came together, one came separately, and they were all acceptances. If they're still reviewing your marks for Business I, it'll come later.
Old 02-17-2011 at 05:07 PM   #52
ABCDXYZ

Thanks lizzie!

And I just hope that if I DO go into soc. that I would be able to transfer into commerce II .
Old 02-17-2011 at 05:19 PM   #53
REPLEKIA/.
Community Engagement Officer

Liked: 447 Times

Quote:
Thanks lizzie!

And I just hope that if I DO go into soc. that I would be able to transfer into commerce II .
As long as you make sure you have all the prerequisites, which is easy to do, you should have no problem switching over.
Old 02-17-2011 at 06:04 PM   #54
ABCDXYZ

Quote:
Originally Posted by REPLEKIA/. View Post
As long as you make sure you have all the prerequisites, which is easy to do, you should have no problem switching over.
I heard it's hard to switch into second year commerce? and what average do you think would be safe to maintain inorder to succesfully transfer?

I know this is a bit early to ask, but no harm in knowing
Old 02-17-2011 at 08:14 PM   #55
RememberTwce
Memento Mori

Liked: 878 Times

ZOMG I GOT IN!!!
Old 02-17-2011 at 09:06 PM   #56
manap3000
Account Locked

Liked: 64 Times

Quote:
I heard it's hard to switch into second year commerce? and what average do you think would be safe to maintain inorder to succesfully transfer?

I know this is a bit early to ask, but no harm in knowing
dude listen, your not going to like this, but have you ever though about taking a victory lap to upgrade your marks?

once you come to university you realize how difficult and expensive it is to switch programs, they really don't wan't inferior people transferring to better programs.

I would advise you to upgrade some of your courses, and spend the year working, it will give you an appreciation of all the hard work university if about.

if its your parent's pressuring you tell them to eff off, this is your life and you'll pay your way with osap if you have to.
Old 02-17-2011 at 09:52 PM   #57
tatski-p

Liked: 35 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by manap3000 View Post
if its your parent's pressuring you tell them to eff off, this is your life and you'll pay your way with osap if you have to.
This reminds me of that one Russel Peters skit when he's telling the story of how his white Canadian friend tells him to stand up to his Indian father.

"**** you, dad!"

Yes? Anyone? .......nevermind.
Old 02-17-2011 at 10:07 PM   #58
RememberTwce
Memento Mori

Liked: 878 Times

Somebody gonna get-a-hurt real bad.

ABCDXYZ, tatski-p, Xbrzz like this.
Old 02-18-2011 at 07:30 AM   #59
ABCDXYZ

Quote:
Originally Posted by manap3000 View Post
dude listen, your not going to like this, but have you ever though about taking a victory lap to upgrade your marks?

once you come to university you realize how difficult and expensive it is to switch programs, they really don't wan't inferior people transferring to better programs.

I would advise you to upgrade some of your courses, and spend the year working, it will give you an appreciation of all the hard work university if about.

LOL I understand it is, but I'm still waiting on my business offer with an average of 85 ( which will hopefully get me in ). I just got into econ this week and asking if its possible thats all

thanks though But most likely I'm not gonna be doing a victory lap
Old 02-18-2011 at 08:51 AM   #60
Chandlerowns

Liked: 67 Times

I think what happened was your average was good enough to get an early acceptance for econ, but not high enough to get early acceptance for business. I wouldn't worry until the end of april, I got life sci admission in march, business in april and health sci in may. They definitely don't come at the same time.

Quote:

LOL I understand it is, but I'm still waiting on my business offer with an average of 85 ( which will hopefully get me in ). I just got into econ this week and asking if its possible thats all

thanks though But most likely I'm not gonna be doing a victory lap