MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Accepted...But how to get there GCSM First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 7 06-18-2010 09:50 PM
When are we accepted to level 2 programs? Sintos First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 11 05-13-2010 02:44 PM
Where to check if I'm accepted to 2nd yr? DumbEngKid Academics 3 04-24-2010 05:00 PM
Is it possible to be accepted after being initially rejected? JayT First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 9 04-23-2010 12:09 PM
Accepted my offer! Now what..? kwun First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 5 04-12-2009 03:41 PM

No Programs Accepted

Old 06-01-2010 at 01:31 AM   #1
resh.jyoti

Liked: 29 Times

No Programs Accepted
Hey guys,
I have a little bit of a problem. It's not extremely bad, because my Grade Report says I can still continue, but I'm a Life Sci I student and my average was a 4.8 (embarassingly, but this is what happens when I have to take math), and I didnt get accepted into ANYTHING I applied for, even just normal Life Sci 2...

I didnt have the requirements for them though, because everything I applied for required Chem 1A03 or Physics 1B03/1L03, and I'm taking BOTH of those NOW.

So what happens? Am I screwed? Or can I reapply once I have those credits?

See, the thing is, I was told the that summer term counts towards your previous year, and that as long as you are taking the credits in the summer you can be accepted by those programs, but only if your average is acceptable and you pass those courses (sort of like applying to university from high school, you get accepted but with conditions). Obviously this is wrong, so what do I do now?

THANKS GUYS! <3
Old 06-01-2010 at 02:22 AM   #2
jhan523
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 604 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by resh.jyoti View Post
Hey guys,
I have a little bit of a problem. It's not extremely bad, because my Grade Report says I can still continue, but I'm a Life Sci I student and my average was a 4.8 (embarassingly, but this is what happens when I have to take math), and I didnt get accepted into ANYTHING I applied for, even just normal Life Sci 2...

I didnt have the requirements for them though, because everything I applied for required Chem 1A03 or Physics 1B03/1L03, and I'm taking BOTH of those NOW.

So what happens? Am I screwed? Or can I reapply once I have those credits?

See, the thing is, I was told the that summer term counts towards your previous year, and that as long as you are taking the credits in the summer you can be accepted by those programs, but only if your average is acceptable and you pass those courses (sort of like applying to university from high school, you get accepted but with conditions). Obviously this is wrong, so what do I do now?

THANKS GUYS! <3
Go talk to an academic counsellor. See if you can get conditional acceptances, and it not, ask them what you can do.

resh.jyoti says thanks to jhan523 for this post.
Old 06-01-2010 at 12:14 PM   #3
AlienSummer

Liked: 55 Times

You can apply next year. I didn't pick a program going into second year. I just took whatever courses I wanted. By the end of second year, when first years pick their programs, I made my picks and was able to start my third year in Level 3 Honours Sociology. Then half way through fourth year, I switched again to Level 4 Honours Sociology and Religious Studies.

It could be different for Life Science, I don't know. I do know that everyone thought it was a big deal that I didn't pick a program in second year, but it didn't effect me at all. I got into all of the classes I wanted, and was eligible to get into all of the programs I applied for. Of coursing, picking up Religious studies has meant that I have to come back for another semester (which I'm stretching into a year), but I knew that before switching.

resh.jyoti says thanks to AlienSummer for this post.
Old 06-01-2010 at 01:17 PM   #4
jhan523
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 604 Times

If you don't pick a second year program like the poster above, make sure you are eligible for all the courses you want to take. There are many science courses that require admission into level II+ in order to take. So do you research now and if there are any courses that you can't take because you need to be in Level II+ then you'll have to e-mail the department and ask for a waiver.

You should do this NOW. It takes time for the department to reply and give you a waiver, if you don't get one in time you may not get a seat.

resh.jyoti says thanks to jhan523 for this post.
Old 06-01-2010 at 04:30 PM   #5
resh.jyoti

Liked: 29 Times

OMG thank you SO MUCH! <3