MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Irish studies? Melanieee Academics 19 06-16-2010 04:43 PM
LABOUR STUDIES 1A03 or COMMUNICATION STUDIES? lizziemcg First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 0 08-28-2009 05:43 PM
Indigenous Studies Chad Academics 3 01-09-2009 09:11 AM
Women's Studies. amplified Academics 8 08-26-2008 09:56 AM

Anyone behind in their studies!

Old 10-17-2009 at 04:47 PM   #16
rrtt
Elite Member

Liked: 56 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by jo87 View Post
This makes no sense. How can you be behind if your assignment is due in a week and you are working on it a week before? You will always have work, you can't read a whole book and do all the assignments the first week of September:S
Agree. Being behind literally means that you are behind....not that you just have some work to do!
Old 10-17-2009 at 05:01 PM   #17
Taunton
Elite Member

Liked: 598 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by fasailuddin View Post
i was ahead for a good hour lol, then another 4 assignments were released
Just another example of what I'm talking about.

Anyways this is dumb, call it what you want.

~*Sara*~ likes this.
Old 10-17-2009 at 05:38 PM   #18
~*Sara*~
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 622 Times

I can't believe you guys are arguing about what "being behind" means. Stick with it meaning 'being behind' and get on with your lives ! Or better yet, the time it took to write the posts could've been used for being un-behind/catching up or whatever you want it called

Taunton says thanks to ~*Sara*~ for this post.
Old 10-17-2009 at 05:45 PM   #19
rrtt
Elite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~*Sara*~ View Post
I can't believe you guys are arguing about what "being behind" means. Stick with it meaning 'being behind' and get on with your lives ! Or better yet, the time it took to write the posts could've been used for being un-behind/catching up or whatever you want it called
I don't think I was arguing. Just expressing my opinion.
But you are right. There are definitely better things to do!
Old 10-17-2009 at 05:56 PM   #20
jo87
Elite Member

Liked: 152 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taunton View Post
I never feel "ahead" no matter how much in advance I'm doing my work. Yes, you always have work, and therefore are always behind.

In other words, if an assignment has been "assigned" then you're behind until that assignment is finished. That's how I percieve it.

As far as I'm concerned, I'll be behind until I retire... IF then.

It's better to think you are ahead in life than behind. Its a little more positive What you're saying sounds so depressing.
Old 10-17-2009 at 05:57 PM   #21
~*Sara*~
MacInsiders Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by rrtt View Post
I don't think I was arguing. Just expressing my opinion.
But you are right. There are definitely better things to do!
Hmm, by arguing, I meant 'discussing'
Old 10-17-2009 at 05:58 PM   #22
~*Sara*~
MacInsiders Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by jo87 View Post
It's better to think you are ahead in life than behind. Its a little more positive What you're saying sounds so depressing.
But it's also not the best to deceive yourself and think you're ahead and that life's all 'peachy' when you have a ton of work to do
Old 10-17-2009 at 06:07 PM   #23
jo87
Elite Member

Liked: 152 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~*Sara*~ View Post
But it's also not the best to deceive yourself and think you're ahead and that life's all 'peachy' when you have a ton of work to do

Well you are clearly ahead of things if you are on here, discussing what being ahead and behind means, right? At least I hope so
Old 10-17-2009 at 06:12 PM   #24
Mowicz
Elite Member

Liked: 529 Times

All I know is that when I feel 'ahead,' like when I have all my assignments due on the same day and I've slaved all night to finish them, I feel entitled to rest...I wind up spending a week vegetating.

Far more productive to be 'behind' in my opinion. :p

moops, Taunton, ~*Sara*~ like this.
Old 10-17-2009 at 06:36 PM   #25
moops
Elite Member

Liked: 40 Times

I agree. When I'm ahead even if I know its just supposed to be one day of rest I usually end up resting a lot longer than I'm suppsoed to.
Being behind keeps me stressed and keeps me working.

Old 10-17-2009 at 06:41 PM   #26
thirdyearboy

Liked: 4 Times

Ha yea it seems like everyones falling behind, there was even a short blurb about that on this blog
Old 10-17-2009 at 11:36 PM   #27
rrtt
Elite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mowicz View Post
All I know is that when I feel 'ahead,' like when I have all my assignments due on the same day and I've slaved all night to finish them, I feel entitled to rest...I wind up spending a week vegetating.

Far more productive to be 'behind' in my opinion. :p
haha I don't think I would ever be able to not do any work for an entire week. I would feel too guilty. It is pretty sad.....university has conditioned me to feel guilty if I don't study.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thirdyearboy View Post
Ha yea it seems like everyones falling behind, there was even a short blurb...
But getting back on topic, I agree. Midterms make most people fall behind in some courses (i.e., courses that they dont have midterms for) and get ahead in other courses (i.e., courses that they have midterms for). But once the midterm for the course you are behind in approaches, you get all caught up again.

Last edited by rrtt : 10-17-2009 at 11:44 PM.
Old 10-18-2009 at 12:34 AM   #28
Mowicz
Elite Member

Liked: 529 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by rrtt View Post
haha I don't think I would ever be able to not do any work for an entire week. I would feel too guilty. It is pretty sad.....university has conditioned me to feel guilty if I don't study.
Oh I feel guilty, that's like 80% of the problem. lol.

It's what I call, 'guilty-rest.' I'm sure you all know what I mean, where you think to yourself "I should probably be working" but you decide whatever it is you're doing is more important at the given moment...then you do that for 1000 moments, and suddenly a week's passed by.
Old 10-18-2009 at 12:50 AM   #29
fasailuddin
Account Disabled by User

Liked: 47 Times

after 3 consecutive mid terms, i spent all day today watching seasons 1-6 of the office. I do feel kinda guilty but i console myself through recalling the awkward moments created by Michael Scott and the witty remarks made by Jim Helpert.

zoyy likes this.
Old 10-18-2009 at 09:59 AM   #30
feonateresa
Elite Member

Liked: 196 Times

Yeah... I'll be ahead when I graduate. :|

I'm never ahead, I always have some readings to do for some class. I tend to be ahead on assignments though.

But ya, Midterms? Ohhh man. The being behind on readings thing kills you. It's killing me right now. :0